Facebook Hacked!!!! :@

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hey people.
Ummm. I have a really good friend of mine. Another person's account was hacked and he was stalking my friend. Pls can you tell me, I just wanted to confirm that is facebook account hacking possible by a school going guy, 12th Grade. Like seriously.
Pls tell me is it possible or is it just a f**ing prank. I need help people. Urgent.
And how to prevent her acc. from being hacked too. :shock::shock:

anish.m2k8

Right off the assembly line
Hacking these is seriously possible for school going kids.. Now i am in first year of college.. when i was in class 11, in school, i myself had hacked a couple of orkut accounts of my friends.. Its nothing impossible.. the guides on how to hack and all are readily available on the internet and google search even lists them... so anyone can do these.. the age and standard of study just does not matter...!!!

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Ohk thanks anyways. Opinions from other people? and ya dude. this is fb were tokin about. fb is much more safer than orkut as far hav i heard.

r4gs

In the zone
One of my friend's accounts was also recently hacked.
He contacted facebook support and got his account back.

and yes, even a 12th std kid can hack an account if he knows how...

abhijangda

Padawan
u should remember that nothing is impossible, everything is possible.
one of my frnds fb account got hacked, and i have to make efforts to get hi account back.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Ohk thanks anyways. Opinions from other people? and ya dude. this is fb were tokin about. fb is much more safer than orkut as far hav i heard.

what are you talking about? Gone are those days in which "hackers" used to bypass server securities and do whatever they want (steal personal information of people)...Orkut is owned by Google and you can be assured that no one will be able to hack into their computers (except themselves :(, yeah they use users personal info to get benefit in Adsense and other softwares).

If someone's account was hacked it would be due to weak passwords or a keylogger been installed on the system they used for accessing the site.

Edit: Ok, those days are not gone. Many Indian (and other countries') servers still get hacked. But this is different. If servers of Yahoo/Google/Hotmail/Orkut/FB/MySpace ever get hacked, it will make front page news.

Last edited:
OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Edit: Ok, those days are not gone. Many Indian (and other countries') servers still get hacked. But this is different. If servers of Yahoo/Google/Hotmail/Orkut/FB/MySpace ever get hacked, it will make front page news.

So dude you mean its just a prank by the original account owners ryt? and if not any way to get those accounts back?? Police has been asked to look for the hacker but i mean c'mon. You know punjab police!

Personally I always felt noone can just go and hack into ur gmail/yahoo/msn/orkut/fb account..I mean, u definitely have to do a mistake and leave ur personal data somewhere. Like u forgot to logout @ a cafe, a keylogger installed. U got trapped by a phising website. u didnt clear browser's cookies and other temp files when u last visited a frnds/cafe's computer.. basically somewhere, somehow u have to expose urself so that others can get into ur account..and frankly this shud be termed as 'Identity Theft' rather than 'Hacking'.. Hacking has much broader scope and hacking is basically a way u force a code (software) to act differently to what it is orginally supposed to. So basically if I steal ur username and password and log in to orkut, I wont say it has been hacked, becuase the server at orkut.com is still behaving normally.. It is accepting a valid username and password and letting me in..its just Theft..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Personally I always felt noone can just go and hack into ur gmail/yahoo/msn/orkut/fb account..I mean, u definitely have to do a mistake and leave ur personal data somewhere. Like u forgot to logout @ a cafe, a keylogger installed. U got trapped by a phising website. u didnt clear browser's cookies and other temp files when u last visited a frnds/cafe's computer.. basically somewhere, somehow u have to expose urself so that others can get into ur account..and frankly this shud be termed as 'Identity Theft' rather than 'Hacking'.. Hacking has much broader scope and hacking is basically a way u force a code (software) to act differently to what it is orginally supposed to. So basically if I steal ur username and password and log in to orkut, I wont say it has been hacked, becuase the server at orkut.com is still behaving normally.. It is accepting a valid username and password and letting me in..its just Theft..

exactly what I wanted to say...just didn't have patience to write such a descriptive post...so it is not hacking but the identity got revealed!

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Lol. Thanks Gagan and ^^ .
So basically you mean either those people whose accounts were hacked are total idiots :crazy: or total as*h**es :punch: to stalk the girl....
Thanks anyways...

:rofl:

PEACE! :Fingerx:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
a hacker can hack anything.....so nothing is safe.....
orkut/facebook/twitter accounts can be hacked.....& there are many cases if u google..around...:cool:

As far as "hacking" friend's fb/orkut/gmail accounts is concerned, often its nothing.
Esp in schools and colleges.
All you need to do is install a freeware keylogger in all the systems and then you can find out all the passwords of the users of the system.

This is the reason I NEVER EVER access any website through my college computers when they need me to login. Once or twice I did but before that I checked the whole system for a sign of a keylogger and disabled suspect processes and after I was done I deleted all history and temporary data and cookies. And IE6 is something you definitely don't want to use on public systems.

These days I have to depend on GPRS/EDGE from my phone for email, orkut, facebook, and even TDF when I'm in my college hostel. It may be slow and costs Rs. 48/- per month, but the security is worth it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
As far as "hacking" friend's fb/orkut/gmail accounts is concerned, often its nothing.
Esp in schools and colleges.
All you need to do is install a freeware keylogger in all the systems and then you can find out all the passwords of the users of the system.

This is the reason I NEVER EVER access any website through my college computers when they need me to login. Once or twice I did but before that I checked the whole system for a sign of a keylogger and disabled suspect processes and after I was done I deleted all history and temporary data and cookies. And IE6 is something you definitely don't want to use on public systems.

These days I have to depend on GPRS/EDGE from my phone for email, orkut, facebook, and even TDF when I'm in my college hostel. It may be slow and costs Rs. 48/- per month, but the security is worth it.

OFFTOPIC: Howz the speed of Docomo?? ;-)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Lesson 1 - Don't set STUPID passwords.

My friend's account, both GMail and FB wwere hacked. I helped her reset her passwords. Then she told me her original GMail password was "maheshbabu" which was SOOO obvious to anyone who knew her.

Secondly, because your FB login is an email address, 99% ppl (including her) thought their FB password HAD to be the same as the email password. It sounds stupid to us, but in the POV of newbies, it sounds completely right. I've mailed FB regarding this to put up a warning in their sign-up page.

Top Bottom