Facebook buys WhatsApp for $19 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Facebook announced the purchase of the mobile messaging service WhatsApp on Wednesday, in a $19bn deal that represents the social media company’s biggest acquisition yet.

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, described five-year-old WhatsApp as an “incredibly valuable” service that was well on its way to connecting 1 billion people around the world.

The deal is a big bet for Facebook, which has until recently struggled to convince investors of its strategy for mobile.

Source : *www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/19/facebook-buys-whatsapp-16bn-deal

- - - Updated - - -

Did not see the thread in Technology News section. Mods please close/delete this thread as required.

Piyush

Lanaya
WhatsApp only employs around 50 people total. At 32 engineers, that’s $500 million per engineer.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I feel the same about this like I feel about the Google Plus comments on Youtube. Youtube sucks with it and I have a feeling WhatsApp would such as well. For me WhatsApp was a medium to communicate in a way exclusive of Facebook. Now, they are both merged and my messages are going to go through FB again.

- - - Updated - - -

WhatsApp only employs around 50 people total. At 32 engineers, that’s $500 million per engineer.

What would be if every person they employ has stakes in the company.

amjath

Human Spambot
Already out of facebook, whatsapp ur time is near. Hello Viber

- - - Updated - - -

*www.engadget.com/2014/02/19/why-did-facebook-spend-19-billion-on-a-messaging-app-video

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
why care?
the amount of zeroes in the figure
what kind of economy can justify such a purchase..

vkl

Cyborg Agent
continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...em-facebook-acquires-whatsapp-16-billion.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom