F1 2011 Discussion

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this game's ridden with bugs.
check this official forum of theirs :lol:
*community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403

I think CodeWankers are competing with EA, - "who can release a game with most bugs/glitches"

man, going through that forum is sad, but fk it, i'm still going to buy it & play :p

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
love game but found cm doing a small
cheat...

i want you to do a grandprix and put tyre
wear and damage on full and put it to
atleast 50%. now during the race i want
you to place your car in the gravel trap on
first lap and leave it there and dont move
it. i then want you to keep an eye on your
car damage indicator and keep an eye on
your tyres. you will find them start to
deteriorate and damage and eventually
puncture even though your car is
stationery........i beleive cm have put a
"time limit" on how long you can go of
track before your tyres puncture and wear
down and it doesnt coincide with the
actually driving that wears them down. so
in theory every time u go of into the dirt it
adds seconds onto a timer somewhere
which keeps adding more time everytime
u leave the track and when u reach a limit
you will get a puncture.
I feel alittle short changed by this but
maybe its the only way they can fairly
incorporate punctures and tyre wear.
:lol:
community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/472873-love-game-but-found-cm-doing-small-cheat.html

This is really bad.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
PC gaming lovers why not buy it on Steam? Although its badly overpriced :(

BTW, the tickets for the Delhi race is way too overpriced. 35k for a seat on main grandstand? They must be kidding.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
As you said, price is the problem on Steam. A retail copy would be much cheaper.

pratik385

In the zone
many of my friends already have this game, most of them download it and other from flipkart. They say f1 2011 is an improvement but still no match for rFactor :)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
F1 2011 was never intended to match/better rFactor which is an out and out simulator. The beauty of games like F1 or Dirt is that they are a blend of simulation and arcade style of racing. So not being a match for rFactor doesn't necessarily means its a bad game. They belong to different worlds.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ F1 2011 is not an arcade racer. Its a simulator. In other words , pure hardcore racing. F1 is graphically much advanced than rfactor. Disable all driving assists in f1 and watch it frustrate you. Extraordinary driving skills are required to play this game.

F1 definitely is unplayable using a keyboard. Controller or racing wheel are a must.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disable all driving assists in f1 and watch it frustrate you.

This! Codies are trying to reach a wider population with easier modes, but hardcore racers can always try out the higher difficulties. ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. This game will be very difficult with every assist turned off. It will be impossible to play it on keyboard then but hey there is a different charm of playing from keyboard :D

pratik385

In the zone
F1 2011 was never intended to match/better rFactor which is an out and out simulator. The beauty of games like F1 or Dirt is that they are a blend of simulation and arcade style of racing. So not being a match for rFactor doesn't necessarily means its a bad game. They belong to different worlds.

Whaat ?
dude we the f1 fans needs games like these which are more to close to f1. Codemasters again made a game which is prime in Graphics only. I can lap even in hard mode Fastest lap in a HRT :D wtf is this. We had great expectation from this game but when played even my 12 year old bro can challenge me :p

where as rfactor is fun
its really difficult a thing for gamer :D
you have to man handle the car which really matters,
controling the car is challenging, you have to concentrate for each lap

Last thing to add

F1 2010/2011 is the game for one who are more attracted towards the glamour of f1 not racing :p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Its true that AI is a let down, but you can play coop split screen / online MP, there, only the better driver will win.

Driving with medium TC was real pain in the ass with xbox controller.(F1 2010)

For me steam is out of question, since My internet source is 10GB 3g plan :/

Just checked next world sure, they are still taking pre order :-|

Anyways, those who are getting/got the game, lets MP soon :))

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whenever did price held us back?? :grin::grin:

yeah, for sure. ;)

Whaat ?
dude we the f1 fans needs games like these which are more to close to f1. Codemasters again made a game which is prime in Graphics only. I can lap even in hard mode Fastest lap in a HRT :D wtf is this. We had great expectation from this game but when played even my 12 year old bro can challenge me :p

where as rfactor is fun
its really difficult a thing for gamer :D
you have to man handle the car which really matters,
controling the car is challenging, you have to concentrate for each lap

Last thing to add

F1 2010/2011 is the game for one who are more attracted towards the glamour of f1 not racing :p

I think you are talking about a real sim, which F1 never intended to be. Heck, with Dirt, Codies have killed the beauty of Colin McRae Rally too. But definitely, they are reaching out to a larger audience. And of course, both F1 and Dirt are far from an arcade racer. And rFactor 2 will be out next year, I think. So, just wait... ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well I havent played this game but I have played 2010. The game is good no doubt but I think it could be better.
F1'02 felt a great game to play. If only those mods for tracks would work. The tracks are the main thing that make me play these games.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
This! Codies are trying to reach a wider population with easier modes, but hardcore racers can always try out the higher difficulties. ;)

Yes but that doesn't make it an arcade racer. Nfs series , ridge racer , burnout etc are arcade racers. F1 doesn't come in that genre.

Dirt 3 has become a lot easier and doesn't feel like a sim anymore.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Good news guys, nextworld site has updated the status to New Release. :))
nextworld.in/product.aspx?sku=SW4161

Now lets see how long it'll take to get the delivery.

Btw, the price is still at 850, so those who want to buy it, buy it soon, or price will go back to original - 999.

updated: (7:30pm)
now Intencity also have updated, they have the game "In Stock"

anyone up for CO-OP championship? :D

pratik385

In the zone
Good news guys, nextworld site has updated the status to New Release. :))
nextworld.in/product.aspx?sku=SW4161

Now lets see how long it'll take to get the delivery.

Btw, the price is still at 850, so those who want to buy it, buy it soon, or price will go back to original - 999.

updated: (7:30pm)
now Intencity also have updated, they have the game "In Stock"

anyone up for CO-OP championship? :D

Link mate, i want to buy :)
i currently dont have a broadband or we would have played OL :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Buy F1 (Formula 1) 2011 for PC in India at the best price. Screenshots, videos, reviews available. 850/- (new registred account get Rs.25 reward points, you can use it to buy this, so final price= 825/-)

Intencity - F1 2011 [PC] - 900/-

Top Bottom