F1 2011 Discussion

pratik385

In the zone
my friend has logitech one, he says its really fun to play with it and also with wheels we can turn properly :)

Tachyon1986

In the zone
@ Skud
You play online?
hows the game play, smooth ?

@ Tachyon

No man, you can change fuel loads and it gives difference in laptimes also with the tyre type hard/soft and the degradation. I cant drive with softs more than 8-9 laps. If i did, it always got punctured :/

Pratik,

Did you misread my post? I never said it wasn't possible to change fuel loads. Just that AI racers will always go at top speed regardless of how much fuel they're carrying.

This bug is still present as of version 1.01 . I believe there's a 3rd-party Mod that fixes this ,but its a shame Codemasters were too lazy to fix this , alongside the infamous pit-lane bug.

pratik385

In the zone
Oh yes AI were unaffected by it. yeah got it man :)
Thats why they were super fast on later part of the race when i always struggled with hard tyres which past the cliff.

@ Skud
Damn but there are good options right? i dont have desktop at my newplace :(
Gaming always rocks on Desktop's

azzu

AJJU
i play 2010 on genius wheel , the experience is simply awesome..,...(even though its the basic ver)

cant wait to Grab 2011 and start playing online :B

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
for 'good' experience, get a Xbox 360 controller or any other with "ANALOG Triggers".

for mind blowing experience, get a force feedback wheel, like Logitech Driving Force GT.

tried the game with that wheel at friend's house, it was like a completely different game, that experience still gives me goosebumps :))

on the fly 'brake balance' adjustments & the manual transmission :O (button behind wheel).

for games like this, dont buy cheap wheel with only vibration crap, buy one with strong FF, like the logitech.

that wheel costs around 8-9k :(

azzu

AJJU
for 'good' experience, get a Xbox 360 controller or any other with "ANALOG Triggers".

for mind blowing experience, get a force feedback wheel, like Logitech Driving Force GT.

tried the game with that wheel at friend's house, it was like a completely different game, that experience still gives me goosebumps :))

on the fly 'brake balance' adjustments & the manual transmission :O (button behind wheel).

for games like this, dont buy cheap wheel with only vibration crap, buy one with strong FF, like the logitech.

that wheel costs around 8-9k :(

Cant buy a wheel of that much cost , but still trust me basic vibr wheel gives much much better feel than any other controller (even x360 cont)
using of Paddle shifters , braking acceleration , pitstop limiter , changing the wing on fly ...etc..(playing with all helps off , braking racing line etc.. its just plainly awesome)
also with the addition of DRS this year , it wd be awesome

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
true about all the things you mentioned, except Force Feedback (FF), its all about FF when playing with a wheel ;)
save 1k every month for 8 months & then enjoy the best experience of your life. :))

for that wheel, i have to buy a new PC table :|
:p

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
More than wheel that table is the problem for me. Looks like it will a long time. Already not enough space in my room. :( :pullhair:

Anyway, check the safety car video here:

[YOUTUBE]2OKJgyDhQ20[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
true about all the things you mentioned, except Force Feedback (FF), its all about FF when playing with a wheel ;)
save 1k every month for 8 months & then enjoy the best experience of your life. :))

:p

yep saving up for it...
and also thinking of setting up a custom seating position ..:D (just thinking)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wikipedia:

Safety car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In motorsport, a safety car or pace car is a car which limits the speed of competing cars on a racetrack in the case of a caution period such as an obstruction on the track. During a caution period the safety car enters the track ahead of the leader. Competitors are not allowed to pass the safety car or other competitors during a caution period, and the safety car leads the field at a pre-determined safe speed, which may vary by series and circuit. At the end of the caution period, the safety car leaves the track and the competitors may resume racing.

Generally yellow flags are waved to denote the racers that safety car is on track.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thinking. I would be away from my place during Pujas, so can't order now. :(

Top Bottom