F&d f6000 vs.logitech z-5500 ?

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
the reason I am asking coz I am going o buy xonar dx or essence , n if I found that my z-5500 still gives same music output that would be big disappointment !!!

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
well , i'll buy soundcard soon .lets see ,,
My friend just bought logitech z-623 , so i wanted to ask that which speakers are better z623 or edifier s550 ?

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
My mobo is GA-785GMT-UD2H rev1.0 ,
my Ati hd 4770 has occupied 2 PCI slots , n other side there is PCI Express x1 slot ,so can you tell me by seeing picture of my mobo ,that If I buy Xonar dx will it fit on my mobo ?
*www.flickr.com/photos/21429760@N02/5942726163/in/photostream

IMG_0319 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
My mobo is GA-785GMT-UD2H rev1.0 ,
my Ati hd 4770 has occupied 2 PCI slots , n other side there is PCI Express x1 slot ,so can you tell me by seeing picture of my mobo ,that If I buy Xonar dx will it fit on my mobo ?
*www.flickr.com/photos/21429760@N02/5942726163/in/photostream

IMG_0319 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Easily.. I'm using the same way..

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
thts gr8 . I just ordered Belkin Fiber Optical Digital Sound Audio Cable 6 Feet | eBay
, i hope this will make difference in my current onboard audio , I'll buy xonar dx as soon as possible !!

emmarbee

Journeyman
^ - I'm having the Creative X-Fi Titanium Card
Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card

I bought the z5500 and this sound card, when I had excess money in my hand. So I sought for the best. But if you ask me, I'd definitely recommend you not to buy a sound card.

I had a creative inspire 5.1 once. Switching from Inspire 5.1 -> z5500 (onboard) -> z5500 (optical) -> z5500 (cretive titanium) gave me an audio quality boost of
25->75->90->92. (Edit: 25->75->90->95, after listening once again - Inception DTS 1536 kbps)
Now think for yourself, do you really want to spend on that 10K/6K for getting that extra 2 point audio quality increase?
But, of course, the sound card gives you a lot of features, but i seldom use it. Check whether optical cable gives you 5.1 sound in gaming, if so, better stick with digital output. No need of buying the sound card.

P.S: Before replying this post, I tested once again just to make sure.
Music: Aaromale By Rahman (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya) - FLAC
Movie: Climax I (Dodging gunshot first time + Helicopter drive by trinity) and Climax II (Firefight in the basement) - DTS 1536 kbps

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^ - I'm having the Creative X-Fi Titanium Card
Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card

I bought the z5500 and this sound card, when I had excess money in my hand. So I sought for the best. But if you ask me, I'd definitely recommend you not to buy a sound card.

I had a creative inspire 5.1 once. Switching from Inspire 5.1 -> z5500 (onboard) -> z5500 (optical) -> z5500 (cretive titanium) gave me an audio quality boost of
25->75->90->92.
Now think for yourself, do you really want to spend on that 10K/6K for getting that extra 2 point audio quality increase?
But, of course, the sound card gives you a lot of features, but i seldom use it. Check whether optical cable gives you 5.1 sound in gaming, if so, better stick with digital output. No need of buying the sound card.

P.S: Before replying this post, I tested once again just to make sure.
Music: Aaromale By Rahman (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya) - FLAC
Movie: Climax I (Dodging gunshot first time + Helicopter drive by trinity) and Climax II (Firefight in the basement) - DTS 1536 kbps

z5500 doesn't need a soundcard as it has its own decoder and one can easily do audio passthrough to it. the surround or 2.1 sets that doesn't come with a decoder depend heavily on soundcard. am not talking about el-cheapo sets btw.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
well , thts gud then , I will stick with my optical cable ! it gives me gud output , but sumtimes I feel glitches in sound , don't knw why ?

Top Bottom