F&d f6000 vs.logitech z-5500 ?

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
how is F&D F6000 compared to logitech z-5500 in overall ? is it better than z-5500 in sound quality or bass ?

maxprash

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I think F&d f6000 are way better than those so called big brand logitech z-55oo. It has comparatively low rms power but the bass and music quality is more and accurately controlled. Plus cost is big factor. U can have 2 subwoofers of f6000 means 240 watt rms from 2 sides and speakers and still with less cost of single unit of logitech z5500...makes sense huh..:cool:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
how is F&D F6000 compared to logitech z-5500 in overall ? is it better than z-5500 in sound quality or bass ?

Hi, I think F&d f6000 are way better than those so called big brand logitech z-55oo. It has comparatively low rms power but the bass and music quality is more and accurately controlled. Plus cost is big factor. U can have 2 subwoofers of f6000 means 240 watt rms from 2 sides and speakers and still with less cost of single unit of logitech z5500...makes sense huh..:cool:

Logitech Z5500D is one of the best audio systems available for PC. Now, replaced with the new model Z906! I cant say whether Logitech is better brand than F&D. But trust me, there are very few 6 channel PC audio system, which can compete with Z5500D performance. One of them is Edifier S550!
F6000 is way out of the league of Z5500D.
Peace... :)

maxprash

Right off the assembly line
the 'F&D F6000'.
I looked up its specs on the internet. But its wattage in RMS differs in some websites.Its home website mentions that it is 123 watt RMS( 5.1 Home Theater Speakers | Gloss Finishing Surface portable speakers delhi), but many other websites say that it is 191 watt RMS.

For Subwoofer,homepage shows 57 watt RMS and every other site shows 120 watt RMS.

I am really confused. Can anyone tell what its actual specs are?????????????????

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz

Do you own either of them or just by reading you are telling. I own the one of them and i am telling z is the best bang for bug. I dont know f? brand at all so no comments.

To be frank its not just a pc speaker as its is ahead of entry level home theatre systems. i experienced the feel of it and its the best all rounder in the 5.1 channel systems.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My vote goes for Z-5500 too but do note that you need to have a THX certified soundcard to enjoy these at the fullest or use a soundcard that allow audio passthough and let the Z-5500's decoder do the rest :)

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
right now i am using onboard audio of my motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev. 3.3).
I really don't know what u mean by audio passthrough ? I mean I can listen my z-5500 on my mobo's onboard soundcard which support 7.1 audio !
Do I need new soundcard ?

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi, I checked the priceo f Logitech Z-5500 and it costs around 23000/- Its a big sum though . Is there something below 10k ? with the best souund quality inn 10k segment ?

Thanks,

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi who said its 23k you can get it arround 18k some place even 16k check it ebay is the right place

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi who said its 23k you can get it arround 18k some place even 16k check it ebay is the right place

Hi, Its on Logitech site :
Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System
Though yes I believe the market price would be low but that won't come down to 10k.
Hey nvrmndryo can u post the link where z-623 sells for 6800/-
Thanks !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
right now i am using onboard audio of my motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev. 3.3).
I really don't know what u mean by audio passthrough ? I mean I can listen my z-5500 on my mobo's onboard soundcard which support 7.1 audio !
Do I need new soundcard ?

no. using onboard soundcard for z-5500 is like making a 90 year old drive a Ferrari!

Check you motherboard manual for S/PDIF audio passthrough.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
checked manual , it says "optical s/pdif connector : it provides digital audio out to an external audio system that supports digital optical audio.before using this feature ensure that your audio system provides an optical digital audio in connector !"
so that means I can connect through this port & i won't be needing new soundcard ?

Top Bottom