F&D F5090 5.1 Multimedia Speakers

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION] >> Thanks a lot for the clarification bro...you really helped me clear my mind. Yes, considering my requirement (watching blu-ray ripped downloaded movies) and scenario (small room size 10x11), z906 will be the ideal 5.1 system.
You are right about a full fledged HTiB with AVR but i won't be able to unleash the full potential of the system..it will simply be a overkill for my scenario...let alone the neighbors complaining about the loud noise :)
My Budget is restricted within 20k. Do you think going for a sound card from Creative or Asus will vastly improve the sound quality as compared to the onboard audio from my ASUS M5A97_EVO_R2.0 mobo? It will be nice if this can be avoided as i don't intend to add up to the heat source inside the cabinet :)

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
don't mention!
you got it right! an HTiB would be an overkill.
how vast would be the improvement in sound, i can't comment on that, but it definitely would be a significant improvement nevertheless; and won't noticeably heat up the cabinet's interior. however, realtek in itself would be sufficient, as its also good. one of my friends has been using the same motherboard without any additional sound-card, and has been gaming away and watching movies happily, without feeling any need for (the) upgrade. had the priority been listening to HQ music, then understandably things would've been different. but better to save some money in these turbulent times than splurge them all on stuff that you don't feel the immediate need of. ;)
if you wish to get a sound-card in future, then you may get a Xonar DX, new or used from any tech-forum. but i don't think there is or will be any need to be bothered about it now; so, happy movie-watching! :)

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
[MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION] >> Great..many thanks. I can live without the sound card for now. Later, should I ever feel like, I will opt for Asus Xonar DX or Xonar Essence STX. Like I said earlier, I am also looking for a thumping bass experience, I hope the z906 will live up to its reputation and quench my thirst for some heavy bass :)

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
:thumbs:
reminds me of S550 and Z5500. :rolleyes:
anyway, am sure the Z906 won't disappoint you. :)

sorry, didn't get you mate :( what about S550 & Z5500? reminds you of what?
Isn't the z906 the upgraded version/successor of z5500?
And by S550 are you referring to Sony BDP-S550?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
you had written about the bass you wished to experience. that reminded me of the above-mentioned huge systems (and, S550 from Edifier). although the Z906 was touted as the successor to the Z5500, but as in most cases, (here too) the successor doesn't do justice to its predecessor's name & fame (for instance, the Altec Lansing MX5021 and its successor is another such case). but nevermind, you still would get to enjoy oodles of bass, even if you like overpowering or an overkill bass (since you are going to get your room's floor carpeted, am sure you would keep the sub on the ground in any case).

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
ah..got it now...tell me one thing..is it recommended to keep the sub on the ground? i was thinking of keeping it on the table itself.

RaymondP

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone, I recently bought a FENDA aka F&D F5090 5.1 speaker set for my pc. The purchase price was Rs.11000 from a local store. I bought it mainly for music and some surround movies.

Here are its specs:
Subwoofer Frequency response:20Hz~120Hz
Satellite Frequency response:120Hz~20KHz
Music Power: 200W
Output power (RMS):
Front: 25W×2
Center: 25W
Surround: 25W×2
Subwoofer: 75W

more specs here :
F&D F5090 | 5.1 Home Theater Speakers | Multimedia Speakers

I must mention the weight here. The entire speaker package was around 22-25 Kgs. Specially the subwoofer was very heavy. The speaker comes with 4 stands for the speakers. All speakers have 25W of RMS power. The center speaker also has 25W, which is very useful if you are upto watching movies or playing games in 5.1 mode, as all the dialogues or vocals come from it. I found the center speaker to be loud enough for watching movies.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11892d1377089827-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2124.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11893d1377089832-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2125.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11894d1377089836-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2126.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11895d1377089842-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2127.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11896d1377089852-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2128.jpg

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11898d1377089864-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2130.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11899d1377089870-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2131.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11900d1377089876-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2132.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/11901d1377089884-f-d-f5090-5-1-multimedia-speakers-img_2133.jpg

The stands add a good design element to the set of speakers. They come with a moderately long wire and some tedious assembly. I must warn here that the stands while having enough weight, do not stand as easily as expected. A slight jerk may topple down the speakers on the stands.

Now lets talk about the performance. After two weeks of listening to this, I can conclude that they are a real VFM for those who need a loud speaker with good mids and bass for them. I do feel that they lack the clarity or the sparkle in them in terms of high frequency vocals. The bass is very good, though it sound good after a week of testing it, and adjusting the proper location is vital. The bass can send shivers to the windows of your room if placed properly. I must tell that the surround experience was very good. I really enjoyed watching Ring 2 on it :D. The speaker boasts of dolby prologic decoding when playing in 2.0 source mode. It works as expected, no problem here. The only problem with the speaker is that they have a little less response for the high frequency range, not much problem for the regular user, but it may matter for the audiophile. F&D is a relatively new brand, it has done a nice job in providing VFM products.

Scores:
Design - 8/10
Center speaker - 8/10
Mid response - 8/10
Bass- 9/10
High freq. response - 6.5/10
Ease of setup - 7/10
Value for money VFM - 9/10

Overall - 8/10

Where is another pics ?

asthst

Right off the assembly line
hello nipun, i also want to buy f&d f5090 . i have no knowledge of connectivity options written in the description page of this product . Something about RCA jacks ( F&D F5090 | 5.1 Home Theater Speakers | Multimedia Speakers ).

I am going to use these for gaming only. I previously owned creative 4.1 which had 3.5mm two jacks (one green & one black) which i simply connected to my onboard audio 3.5mm jacks. But how will i connect these RCA jacks ? Are they also 3.5mm jacks? Will i be able to connect these speakers to my pc with wires & accessories provided with speaker system ? Or do i have to buy some converter ?

Currently i have 6 connectivity options on my motherboard's onboard audio ( *i.picpar.com/WPfb.jpg ).
Please help me i have zero knowledge about this.:cry:

Top Bottom