extracting audio from .exe

root.king

geek in action
guys just 5days back i had downloaded a .exe file (81kb)when i click on it, it plays a nice tune and i want to extract it..
Today i used 'resource hacker' but i cant able to extract that audio file its saying the file compiled by an exe compiler,what can i do guys.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it will take good knowledge of coding/decoding/packers/assembly language about the same level as that of the person who made that exe to extract the sound file from exe.only way for you is to record the sound while playing using some software/hardware.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys just 5days back i had downloaded a .exe file (81kb)when i click on it, it plays a nice tune and i want to extract it..
Today i used 'resource hacker' but i cant able to extract that audio file its saying the file compiled by an exe compiler,what can i do guys.
No u can't resource hacker has limits...

the only way is to do reverse-engineering that decompiling it to get the source code/files.
but that is also tough...

u can record the sound by using a recorder.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
thanx for all your replys, guys,
i got that sound track from youtube, here is the link:
LHS; DFS - BrD - YouTube

but,
how can i extract audio from that video file

ya got it,
video to audio using VLC
WAV to mp3 format factory

santhoshk

Right off the assembly line
You can extract media files from an .exe file using dissemblers . I have done few times . I think its possible but little tough for a beginner :|

Top Bottom