Explorer not autostarting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
i had this strange problem on my windows vista home basic laptop..everything seems fine untill the welcome screen..but after that there is just the blue screen..i start up the task manager and cant find explorer listed in the processes..so i start the explorer(new task) and everything turns normal..
any suggestions to fix this problem..

and yes another thing..vista doesnt allocate drives on its own to make restore points so i cant restore either..cause i have no restore points..

Last edited:
OP
tuxybuzz

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
actually..this laptop came loaded with Vista..so i have no disk..the only option i have is the recovery manager..which first formats then reinstalls my laptop to the orignal cndition..

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
actually..this laptop came loaded with Vista..so i have no disk..the only option i have is the recovery manager..which first formats then reinstalls my laptop to the orignal cndition..

Oops...check if recovery dvds can do this. if not ***ate the same from ****ent sites.

OP
tuxybuzz

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
umm..i dont think this is possible with the recovery disk..because whenever i boot it..it starts the recovery manager which has only one option to take the laptop to the original condition..
i think i will have to do that only..but the data will be lost..:mad::mad::mad:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
umm..i dont think this is possible with the recovery disk..because whenever i boot it..it starts the recovery manager which has only one option to take the laptop to the original condition..
i think i will have to do that only..but the data will be lost..:mad::mad::mad:

you should backup your data before restoring OS, use linux livecd to do the same. it may help you to backup all of your data.:)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I am not good with Vista............ But you can try "system restore".

Also, is your laptop of compaq?? If yes, than I think they have option to repair OS.
In recovery manager click on advance option-> than select OS repair.

OP
tuxybuzz

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
i think i forgot to mention..Ubuntu gusty is already installed on it..i will backup the imp data..but by data i actually meant the softwares and games i had installed..ill have to do that again..
n yes it is compaq..and ill see the OS repair..thanks all for your support..

i finally restored everything..its fine now..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom