Ethical Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm....in taht book list by c()rrupt, i seem to have almost all books.....

bye the way, if anyone needs to be an ethical hacker, first you;ve gotta be a hacker, you know,

you've gotta learn dark magic if you need to fight dark magic(read somewhere in harry potter)

of course, you can be possibly consumed by the dark side, but even then you'll be a really good hacker...(read somewhere in star wars...Master Yoda says this)

so all im saying is start hacking yahoo and msn passwords first, then move on to other stuff....

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
yeah i run winxp with sp2. Any way around if it is blocking?? But still when i googled for the site, even google said that it's domain was disabled.

c()rrupt

Broken In
dheeraj_kumar said:
hmm....in taht book list by c()rrupt, i seem to have almost all books.....

toh konsa tir mar liya.....

dheeraj_kumar said:
bye the way, if anyone needs to be an ethical hacker, first you;ve gotta be a hacker, you know,
you've gotta learn dark magic if you need to fight dark magic(read somewhere in harry potter)
of course, you can be possibly consumed by the dark side, but even then you'll be a really good hacker...(read somewhere in star wars...Master Yoda says this)

yup :p, its true but if u again change the side from cracker to ethical hacker.....the last thing u get is trust, believe me

dheeraj_kumar said:
so all im saying is start hacking yahoo and msn passwords first, then move on to other stuff....

u think hacking yahoo n msn passwords is a joke ??????

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
tech_yourfuture, thanx man! I guess i was trying for hh.com. thanks for the correction. I got the site. BTW, i am going to read that book, The heretic. Is it any good??

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Gawd, i read around 5 pages. It seems like it was written by a 12 year old guy who is into body piercings. chair with lion claws, input gloves. What is literature coming to ??

I will give that book a skip i think and go read some msdn pages

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Is Ankit fadia that bad?
I am Ankit Fadia's fan,but he has been accused of copying other contents.....
Now I am loosing my confiedence over him?

No legal actions were taken against him..Remember the recent incident Of Kavvya Vishwanathan.
Ps--He is in the Stanford Unv,One of the best unv in the world!! HOw was he able to get their??

Whats ur opinion?
Have a look at my avatar, its a photograph of Ankit fadia....

True Geek

Journeyman
Ankit Fartia..oops Fadia sux big time. Writes stupid article himself and copies great articles. Its just media who hyped him since he was first of his kind. C'mon.he brouht a comp,1st year all he did is played game and in next year he became a hacker. In One Year!! HA HA......... Copying stuff, writing ****ty articles like this:*www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/WindowsCrypticErrorMessages.php
doesnt make any one a hacker.

magnet

Youngling
c guys frm past 2-3 years i m doin search on this ethical hacking stuff.....

here is my view:::hope it is helpfull to someone....

i too started interested in hacking stuff after reading an article abt ankit fadia in times.........i started to think as inspirational source....and bought 2 books of him......i loved the first 25 pages of his book...which also is so far the stuff i have read......

the bios hack stuff......used to work lik...charm...and i used to enable floppy drive with it......in colleges...........
but then net came.......
i started to find his books.....ebook format no help......but got many articles(chapters)of his book..via a yahoo hacking group.....

i posted it on informationleak.com forum(many hackers and programmers spot)......
i gav credit to the author and posted it......but the knowlegable guys said me most of his articles have lot of mistakes+they gav me couple of articles which were old but looked ankit articles were ther xerox.....

its lik ankit do cut paste of stuffs............and then convert it in his words.....also many ppl says...he is a gr8 orater but his knowledge is quite restricted when compared to other gr8 hackers........
also some ppl complain that when they personally ask some question to him he had no answer(no knowledge abt that stuff)....

actually ankit becoz of his age.......young age when he wrote book.......and first of its kind to do in india(and also stupid indians without doin research... hype it).got fame...beleive me its not a big deal in russian countries.........do google search on sven jaschan

....ull come to know how he brought 100$billion dollar loss to world....that too at 16 age.......now he workd in security firm.....he was author of netsky virus...but still no one has seen his face..xcept his classmates......

*www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2004/06/va_netskyhero.html

illpost other stuff later if nyone interested

in short:::

i beleive net is the biggest resource.......
jus search for articles........

also tak 1 language especially of c or asm or vb or perl sort and master it

and dont buy books if u have net......
download ebooks on securities(ull find plenty),hacking,languages and read them

ankit fadia books r now 60%outdated...since all window stuffs r of win 98 tricks which r hardly used......or even those tricks are overcome by win 2000 or above os.....

i have no ideaabt unix stuff as i m newbie to it......

also his new book regrdin mobile hackin may have latest stuff.......but wht i heard..is its again a cut paste job(nokia,motorola secret codes,attacks on smartphone etc)its 220 buks....ill get it.....not that costly for me...but a cut paste job book doesnt deserve money....

there are many gr8 indian guys..e.g chintan trivedi etc.......who used to write artciles earlier....now they work in security firms

ppl do search on kevin mitnick and other hackers....they deserve more praise than ankit........i m not against him...but the way he is making money...is really a sad stuff......6000 frm 1000 kids every 3-4 months=60lakhs...wht a salary+books income+college lectures income...he mints money...........

i m not keen on doin his certification...but this days indian industries recruit ppl with certification...so in future u(&me) might have to waste on it.......

i better cut now...or ppl wont read it

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
Ankit fadia was a kid when he wrote that book and believed that he could get away by copy-pasting stuff from the net. Infact, he did manage to fool the Indians where Intenet awareness was very low at that time. I didn't knew that he has started some certification course by himself. What the hell!! He is fooling ppl. Heck!! Even I could start a hacking course If I wanted to. I read one of his interviews, he talks crap.... he has no idea whats happening in the real hacking world. Actually a lot of ppl are still unaware of hacking and get awed even at a simple trick. A few week ago I read an article on such a hacking 'boot camp'. The writer had taken part in it and the cost was obscene ... something like $1000. And at that price they taught him some really obsolete and not-working-any-more type of tricks. The writer was very happy and was full of excitement when he wrote that.... he believed he was already a hacker. Poor fellow, didn't know that he had been duped.

If you have net u really dont need to buy books and the books often contains outdated stuff. Read bugtraq, phrack etc and you will learn all.

Last edited:

magnet

Youngling
kuldeep read comments of all pages before posting........mate......if u have internet ......than u have bigger misile than the blackbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom