Error with Intel HD drivers / device

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Guys... Yesterday I changes my mobo from maximus v gene to formula. Here is what happened and whats the problem -

1. When I installed Windows 8, PC hangs at the first startup iteslf. There is no display on monitor and keyboard+mouse are freezed. I tried to get into Safe Mode but it can not saying "installation can not continue into safe mode".
2. After much tries found out that my gfx cards (2 x HD7950) might have been the causes so installed windows 8 once again using on-board gfx only. Now windows got installed properly but still I'm unable to get into it if I plug in my gfx cards. I can go into safe mode though.
3. I gave up and installed Windows 7. It got installed perfectly but the issue is with onboard gfx now .... here is the screenshot of the devie manager. I installed latest AMD drivers and played some games as well. But shall I be worried ? As whenever I try to install Intel HD drivers my machine hangs. Is the mobo faluty or what is causing this issue with HD7950 drivers & Intel drivers? Please help.

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9E3u8zDTUEo/UOP-f2M0NgI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/pda9jQU4R2I/s640/error.jpg

Another thing just happened while installing Bundled AI Suite with the DVD, I got BSOD stating "BAD_POOL_HEADER", then machine restarted booted up fine.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Wired.

Although Never tried 12.11, but my sis use 12.9 with her 6950cfx. So I guess it is not a driver issue.
Another thing I should say that it is conventional to install Intel HD driver before catalyst. But I don't think it is a problem here.

You may do the following things:
1. Uninstall catalyst and the cards from your system.
2. Plug your display into igpu of motherboard.
3. Install Intel HD video driver, and see whether same problem happens or not.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Here are some screenies from the mobo BIOS -

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-g2B5HCV_n1o/UOQHrGlVjOI/AAAAAAAAEpk/CumOv3oONto/s800/bios_1.jpg

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7MzgnGjJbKM/UOQHrfLmqPI/AAAAAAAAEpo/rCMgRHq-VvA/s800/bios_2.jpg

Wired.

Although Never tried 12.11, but my sis use 12.9 with her 6950cfx. So I guess it is not a driver issue.
Another thing I should say that it is conventional to install Intel HD driver before catalyst. But I don't think it is a problem here.

Ok... Will try this.

havoknation

Journeyman
IMO Z77 doesnot have onboard GPU chip. IB cpu has it so it uses Onchip GPU, but here it seems some compatibility issue with IB GPU and ATI GPU. Do as advised by d6bmg then let us know

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Wired.

Tried this. Uninstalled Intel & AMD drivers with driver fusion in safe mode. Removed both GFX and booted with onboard GFX. Installed the Intel HD Drivers. It worked fine
Then I plugged in a single GPU and instaled AMD drivers and bang.... after reboot machine getting locked again.
So i went into safe mode removed and removed Intel HD & AMD drivers both once again and rebooted with display connected to gfx card. It booted and now I could install AMD drivers but for Intel HD grapphisc it shows like this below screen. If i try to install the drivers for it the machine hangs again.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zpXW-5Kkf9Q/UOQYi6BoeeI/AAAAAAAAEqA/NK5otqjOko0/s800/with%2520a%2520single%2520gpu.jpg

And yes I tried with both 10.10 and 10.11 drivers. Driver should not be the issue I guess since this same setup and driver version were working in Maximus V Gene mobo.

IMO Z77 doesnot have onboard GPU chip. IB cpu has it so it uses Onchip GPU, but here it seems some compatibility issue with IB GPU and ATI GPU. Do as advised by d6bmg then let us know

Yes correct. But same setup of 2 GPUs worked on Maximus V Gene with same driver versions :) .. I'm totally baffled.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
First things first- what bang??? Which Power Supply? What's the system config?

Run the system on stock settings first, reset CMOS to be sure. Use Driver sweeper if you've uninstalled any drivers. After running driver sweeper install the newer drivers in standard mode. Download the drivers from AMD's site. Now see if it works

If not:
Go to Registry editor and search for EnableUlps. Set the value to 0, save it, shut it down, install the second card and see if it works.

If not:
Also if the system is stable with both the cards in single config and same Driver. Download the drivers from AMD's site.

Don't use any BETA drivers.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ I've already did what you've adivsed. My config is in my signature. And don't worry I'm not a noob, so I know things around hardware and drivers :)
As stated in my previous post I tried with non-beta drivers 10.10 as well.

Problem is not with both GFX pluged in. System is stable and I can run games as well without any issue. The thing machine hangs when I try to install Intel HD drivers with both both GPUs plugged in or a single GPU plugged in or without any GPU plugged in. :-?
I simulated this problem on Win 8 & 7 both.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It looks like a problem specific catalyst driver..
You may try with 12.9 in the same way:
Installing Intel driver first and then AMD driver.

P.S. Isn't 12.11 is beta driver?

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Sorry man... typo... I tried with 12.10 as well on Windows 7.

The weird thins is even 12.11 was working on same setup on my Maximus V Gene.

I found this link on Intel Communities -
*communities.intel.com/thread/29246?tstart=0

There are many people facing similar issue and Intel is not responding. I'll try the solution which worked in that thread (Post 2) and will also try to run the machine with a spare i3-2100 which I have..

Guys.... the problem has been resovled. Here is what I did.

1. I uninstalled all both Intel & AMD drivers with driver fusion in windows safe mode and shut down the pc.
2. Popped out i5 3570k from mobo and re-fitted it once again so as to negate any socket issues. Did CMOS reset. But this did not worked and the problem was reproduced.
3. Popped out i5 3570k and this time popped in a spare i3 2100 I had with me. Did CMOS reset and installed windows 8. It got installed perfectly. Then I tried installing Windows 7 and that also got installed perfectly.
4. Now I popped in i5 3570k again. Did CMOS reset and tried to install Windows 8 Pro. And yes this time all worked perfectly. I now could install all the drivers and stuff.
5. PC is running stable now.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. Especially "The Sorcerer " , "d6bmg".
Special meniton goes to "Havoknation" from whom I had bought Formula mobo and Sumon... both really great personalities. Helped me over the phone on this issue and never complained :p about me disturbing them.
I recommend people from Pune to buy products from Havoknation.

havoknation

Journeyman
Sorry man... typo... I tried with 12.10 as well on Windows 7.

The weird thins is even 12.11 was working on same setup on my Maximus V Gene.

I found this link on Intel Communities -
Intel HD 4000 No Display after loading Windows 7

There are many people facing similar issue and Intel is not responding. I'll try the solution which worked in that thread (Post 2) and will also try to run the machine with a spare i3-2100 which I have..

Guys.... the problem has been resovled. Here is what I did.

1. I uninstalled all both Intel & AMD drivers with driver fusion in windows safe mode and shut down the pc.
2. Popped out i5 3570k from mobo and re-fitted it once again so as to negate any socket issues. Did CMOS reset. But this did not worked and the problem was reproduced.
3. Popped out i5 3570k and this time popped in a spare i3 2100 I had with me. Did CMOS reset and installed windows 8. It got installed perfectly. Then I tried installing Windows 7 and that also got installed perfectly.
4. Now I popped in i5 3570k again. Did CMOS reset and tried to install Windows 8 Pro. And yes this time all worked perfectly. I now could install all the drivers and stuff.
5. PC is running stable now.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. Especially "The Sorcerer " , "d6bmg".
Special meniton goes to "havoknation" from whom I had bought Formula mobo and Sumon... both really great personalities. Helped me over the phone on this issue and never complained :p about me disturbing them.
I recommend people from Pune to buy products from havoknation.

Thanks @mandarpalshikar for referring me. I hope to deal with you again. At the end, its your hard work and R and D to make it stabilize. Great work there Mandar. Appreciated.

Top Bottom