Error at Startup...plz help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting this error at startup :

Windows\System32\config\system file missing or corrupt" Error at system startup.

I tried the solution given here:*www.askvg.com/frequently-asked-problems-with-solutions-part-1/

but nothing works for me.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
No no I dont mean from recovery console. I mean automatic repair of the windows installation itself. Did you tried this already???

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Boot from XP cd, wait till it detects installed OS and asks for fresh install or repair. Choose repair from there. But take backup's of data from the OS Partition using Linux Live CD before doing this.

Or if you have repair disc you can do it by booting from XP cd and pressing F2 when asked.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Try sfc command
Go to command prompt and enter this,
sfc /scannow

it scans ur system files and replaces them with correct ones if found any corrupted.
Keep ur OS CD nearby...while doing this.

ug2

Don't ask for mah title
When I start my computer (Windows 7) it opens the My Documents window and when i close it a black screen is displayed then i start the task manager end process explorer.exe and then re run it from the file menu then it loads. please help

Ishan

In the zone
@ug2 Check the startup entries in msconfig! Disable all the strange entries and reply.

Since when did the problem start? I mean after using/installing some s/w?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Looks like virus

Try what Ishan suggested. If that doesn't solve problem. Scan you PC with any good updated AV. I recommend AVG(FREE) / KIS(PAID).

Try scanning online also if you are on unlimited plan.

ug2

Don't ask for mah title
Already done that no good but recently installed Malware Bytes and removed it very good software awesome but i still get some warning messages from avast saying that a virus has been detected in the Windows\Temp\idfe(randomly automatically generated names) when I connect online I have already tried an online scan(ESET).Please help I am cheesed off by dem.

anilmathew06

Right off the assembly line
Seems that your system has not been completely cleared of virus.

It would be better to have a fresh install of the OS after formatting the C: drive. (Ensure that any personal data present in the drive is backed up before performing a format.) After the fresh installation, install a copy of avast/bitdiffender and run a full scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom