Equal Wages for all people in India Agree or Not?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Do you agree in setting equal wages for all people in India. For example an IAS officer will have to get the same salary that of a class 4 officer. I think it will reduce corruption,crime etc.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
that is stupid. if all have the same wage, then what's the point of a hard working student who aims for a better job and salary?

.jRay.

Youngling
It will lead to ego clashes and won't work at all. If the government wants to reduce corruption, everyone's salary should be increased and a strict action for corrupts.

Hrishi

This is neither jusitifed nor makes sense.
Why would someone take the responsibility of an IAS officer , and work so hard to get to that point if he's meant to get the same salary/wage as that of a junior officer ?
Maybe they should set a minimum wage rate for those working in certain sectors and economical standards.

Hrishi

FYI , if someone is in a higher role doesn't necessarily means that his job is easier.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Don't think there has been a thread here on which I strongly disagree as much as this.

While I accept that some of the high income people are being paid too excessively, I don't like the idea of equal wages.

DVJex

In the zone
It wont decrease crime or corruption. It will only increase it. Corruption was born out of greed and envy. You make everyone equal, and they'll be corrupt so they can have more than the other guy.
Something like what jRay said will help decrease corruption.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Absolutely right. Why should I think of becoming a doctor / engineer or even study at all when I can work as a Group D staff and get the same salary?

This doesn't makes any sense at all.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Do you agree in setting equal wages for all people in India. For example an IAS officer will have to get the same salary that of a class 4 officer. I think it will reduce corruption,crime etc.

It will so include illegal pole vaulters from bangladesh too so it won't work.

ashs1

Padawan
Thank you OP...this sunday was pretty boring until i saw this thread :lol:

P.S : I strongly disagree with OP's opinion.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
bad bad idea.

Why should one called be an engg if he earns same amount of money (& respect) ??
It's like all your life's hardwork went down the drain

tkin

Back to school!!
even russian communists didn't go this far, ofcourse we could bring down the disparity.

Chetan1991

Youngling
That will only encourage crime and corruption because honest work isn't giving you any rewards, whether you work hard or just do minimal work.

Top Bottom