EPABX for home

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Hi guys,

I am looking for an EPABX system for home use. Need 308 (3 lines, 8 extensions) with a budget about 5-7k.

Any suggestions? TIA.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Ok clarification. I want a hardware EPABX system and not a software solution :mrgreen:

I can't keep a PC on 24x7 for saving on PABX system. That will cost me more in terms of electricity bills :p

Nor is there enough place for a PC in that area. I am replacing an existing 5 year PABX which is placed in a small cupboard.

Q: What is the most important thing to know about installing trixbox?
A: During the install process, ALL hard drives connected to your system will be formatted and all data will be lost. This will even apply to any external USB drives.
So it needs a near-dedicated machine! Machine will cost me more than PABX system

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Hmmm.... well, if you use asterix on opensuse, you can use it without losing data :D Since you specifically want a hardware one, I'm not really sure about the details. Will try to find something more than what I know and post back.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
It really isn't practical or cost effective to keep a PC for this. Its not an office of a multinational with a few hundred connections. It's my home :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom