Envy 17 with Sandy Bridge

Envy 17 with SB and HD 6850 has been launched in US Market. Can someone tell me when this will be refreshed in indian market and whatw ill be the possible price?

pauldmps

Banned
Last week of May at least. If you could provide me the specs & the price in the US, I can make some guess on pricing. Rest assured, new Sandy-bridge machines will cost almost the same as their older counterparts.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Last week of May at least. If you could provide me the specs & the price in the US, I can make some guess on pricing. Rest assured, new Sandy-bridge machines will cost almost the same as their older counterparts.

I am not sure if there is an option of customizing in india
but

HP Home & Home Office Store - We're sorry!

Looking into this specs there are 3 main important features that i want
1) 2nd Generation Core i7 -2620M
2) 1920 X 1080 reslution
3) HD 6850 GPU (Switchable graphics)
4) Backlit keyboard

If i customize this in US Site its cost comes out to be 1649.99 US$

pauldmps

Banned
Currently HP does not allow customising laptops in India. I don't know if that will be available later.

If you don't mind spending, you can get the laptop imported from the US. Mind you, you'll pay about 15% tax + shipping charges. There is a guy at Erodov forums who accepts orders from the US & ships them here.

But I'll recommend that you wait before proper testing & reviews are out.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Currently HP does not allow customising laptops in India. I don't know if that will be available later.

If you don't mind spending, you can get the laptop imported from the US. Mind you, you'll pay about 15% tax + shipping charges. There is a guy at Erodov forums who accepts orders from the US & ships them here.

But I'll recommend that you wait before proper testing & reviews are out.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've got a lot of friends who live visit US, I will order one form them. Does HP provides World Wide Gurantee?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan

But what could be the reason for this delay launch? I am planning to do MBA by july and need a high end laptop before that. G73 is good but I don't like the ugly look and feel of it. Alienware M17X V3 will hurt my wallat

pauldmps

Banned
Non Sandy-bridge Envy17 is available for some outrageous 94k as starting price for an i5 processor. It is definitely a poor VFM.

Dell has launched its Sandy-bridge linup in India today. I bet you'll get much better config at the same price. Plus Dell's service is the best in India.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Non Sandy-bridge Envy17 is available for some outrageous 94k as starting price for an i5 processor. It is definitely a poor VFM.

Dell has launched its Sandy-bridge linup in India today. I bet you'll get much better config at the same price. Plus Dell's service is the best in India.

In alienware? My minimum requirement is

1) Core i7 SB
2) Min 17.3 inch screen with a minimum display resolution of 1920 X 1080
3) Backlit keyboard and
4) A Good graphic card like GTX 460 or HD6850.
5) Good looks with steel coating like Envy 17 or Alienware M17X

All these requirements are fulfilled in Alienware but it will definately be more expensive than Envy 17:(

pauldmps

Banned
On Dell XPS:

1) Core i7 SB - available

2) Min 17.3 inch screen with a minimum display resolution of 1920 X 1080 - 15" screen as of now, Full HD available

3) Backlit keyboard - available

4) A Good graphic card like GTX 460 or HD6850 - Currently only GT-540M is available, GT-555M might come in future

5) Good looks with steel coating like Envy 17 or Alienware M17X - XPS looks good but no idea about steel coating.

What is your budget, BTW ?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
On Dell XPS:

1) Core i7 SB - available

2) Min 17.3 inch screen with a minimum display resolution of 1920 X 1080 - 15" screen as of now, Full HD available

3) Backlit keyboard - available

4) A Good graphic card like GTX 460 or HD6850 - Currently only GT-540M is available, GT-555M might come in future

5) Good looks with steel coating like Envy 17 or Alienware M17X - XPS looks good but no idea about steel coating.

What is your budget, BTW ?

I can go upto 90K in worst case scenerio.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Then I don't think that you'll be able get your hands on the Envy in India. And since HP's international warranty is limited to phone support only, it is a bad idea to get it from the US.

You can however get a Dell XPS from the US as it has full international warranty. And you'll get almost all the specs you want in your budget if you get it from the US.

See this: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
^^ Then I don't think that you'll be able get your hands on the Envy in India. And since HP's international warranty is limited to phone support only, it is a bad idea to get it from the US.

You can however get a Dell XPS from the US as it has full international warranty. And you'll get almost all the specs you want in your budget if you get it from the US.

See this: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Thanks

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Sorry for hijacking this thread but i need an opinion. Is the i5 powered dell laptops greatly underpowered compared to its i7 counterparts? And is the 1080p screen worth it if you are not into games. I need to get a laptop and am slightly disheartened by the prices up for grabs.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Sorry for hijacking this thread but i need an opinion. Is the i5 powered dell laptops greatly underpowered compared to its i7 counterparts? And is the 1080p screen worth it if you are not into games. I need to get a laptop and am slightly disheartened by the prices up for grabs.

i5 is dual core and i7 is quad core. I will never go anything less than quad core for heavy multi-tasking, and any resolution less than 1080P will be of no use to me as I HATE scrolling

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I really doubt if a higher resolution will inhibit your scrolling given the miniscule prints and promised visits to the optician. :p Is it worth spending more for a high resolution screen, given in a 15 inch screen, its really hard to differentiate between either of the two(720p and 1080p) given the low surface area. I may infact go for a 17 but with a 720p. Keeps the budget to less than 60 grands.

Top Bottom