Entertainer : Media Center For Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Entertainer aims to be a simple and easy-to-use media center solution for Gnome and XFce desktop environments. Entertainer is written completely in Python using object-oriented programming paradigm. It uses GStreamer multimedia framework for multimedia playback. User Interface is implemented with Clutter UI-library, which allows sleek OpenGL animated user interfaces. Entertainer also uses other great projects like SQLite, pyIMDBb and iNotify.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5256/1906369013_02f895003b_b.png​

Features:-
  1. Movies and TV-series : - You can watch movies and TV-Series from your harddrive. Entertainer automatically searches and downloads metadata like cover art from the Internet.
  2. Music library : -Let's play music! Entertainer allows you play your favourite tracks easily. Navigate music by artst, album, genre or make your own playlists. Entertainer also automatically downloads album art and lyrics of the tracks.
  3. Photographs : - Watch your family photographs from the big screen. Entertainer includes a photoraph library, which allows you easily find your best shots.
  4. RSS-reader : - Entertainer includes a simple RSS-reader which allows you to read feeds right from your couch. In Entertainer RSS is called Headlines since it's easier to understand for people who are not IT oriented.
  5. Themes : - Entertainer supports themeing! Make your media center look just like you. Creating themes is relatively easy.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/5258/2078766932_55e3053787_b.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/5257/1906369017_795a4e5cfb_b.png

Note: The project is not yet completed it is still in development stage so there can be some problems whle using it

Installation Instruction : - Installation_Instructions - entertainer-media-center - Google Code
Video : - YouTube - Entertainer - Media Center
Home Page : - Entertainer project

[O.T] I am having problem compiling the Player I mean I have done compiling clutter but the player giving me hard time :| Please if any 1 succeed in installing let me know abut this..
P.s : A special thanks to Hitboxxx for giving tips in Gimp [/O.T]

Last edited:

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
tried that long ago.all i get is a black screen.so gave up.it has a long way to go.there have not been any updates since long.only revision 6.
i also filed a bug which was confirmed by developer.

Looks cool,Better than the windows media center in fact.
I hope it works on the distro (gOS) that im DLing.
BTW Any body tried this media center??

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Looks nice.. But the problem is.. I dont have drivers for my freaking TV Tuner.:mad:

EDIT: err... Whats this.. a Mediacenter without support for TV? :confused:

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Just realized that its by Lauri Taimila. His art, especially his Mac OS X art, are really lovely! I had used his guide not long ago to make my Ubuntu look like OS X.

I didn't know he was a hardcore coder too.

Charan - As its mentioned among the only 3 FAQ, this has just started, wait for it. He's inviting developers also. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ no use man .. AKAIK the driver development for that card was stoped. and its a USB tuner :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom