enhance ur w700i wid new acoustic driver, increased sms capacity

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Warning: This tutorial deals wid flashing the firmware of ur phone. Doing so will void ur warranty. If u dunno what u are doing, DO NOT proceed. Nobody can be held responsible if something goes wrong. Please backup everything stored in ur phone before flashing (files, contacts, organiser, sms everything!). You may take a backup of you data with this software, My phone explorer: *www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.5.9.exe

Tutorial 1: Flash to W700 R1CA021
Now, heres a step by step guide on flashing your fone to W700 R1CA021 (if u haf r1db firmware). if you already haf r1ca then proceed to step 4 after step 1.

Download these files first…XS++,USB Flash and FAR manager from here (from the flashing and firmware files folder)
*www.4shared.com/dir/2189851/9c5792f/sharing.html

EDIT: A newer version of XS++, with more features and stability, can be downloaded here: *www.4shared.com/file/29498248/bc41510b/XS_31_Final.html

W700 firmware files with customization pack from here(download all 3 files):
Goto the flashing and firmware files folder and download these 3 files: W700_R1CA021_MAIN_EU_1.mbn, W700_R1CA021_FS_EMEA_6_RED49.fbn and W700_Carolina_i_CDA102580_103_EMEA_6.rar

super LOUD speaker driver…. Farfield_highest_quality.rar (acoustics folder):

after downloading, unpack all the files .rar files using WinRar.

STEP1: Installing USB Flash Driver.

Turn off your phone. Remove SIM and memory card, and re-insert battery. Do not turn ON.
Now open the program XS++ . Click START. While pressing and holding the ‘c’ button on your fone’s keypad, insert USB cable. Windows will detect a new hardware and ‘Install new hardware’ wizard pops up. Release the ‘c’ button. In the wizard, click ‘no, not at this time’ and next. Choose to install from a specified location and click next. Under ‘search for the best drivers to install’, check ‘include this location in the search’. Under ‘browse’, choose the path to the unpacked folder of USB Flash Driver. Now click next and let the windows install the driver. After installing the driver, close XS++ and disconnect phone and turn it off in case it has switched on. Remove battery for 2 seconds and re-insert it (to refresh your phone).
Now your phone is ready to be flashed.

Again open XS++, click START, and insert cable while pressing ‘c’ the same way as before. Your fone gets detected and on the left side of the screen, you get the detailed info of your phone including the EROM CID number, IMEI, firmware etc. IMP: the term RED should appear in the screen for u to continue the tutorial!

STEP2: Flashing MAIN.
In XS++ window, check Flash Main, browse and select file ‘W700_R1CA021_MAIN_EU_1.mbn’ that u downloaded. Now hit flash. After completion of the process, unplug fone and close XS++. Take out and re-insert battery in the interval of 2 seconds to refresh the fone.
STEP3: Flashing FS.
Now Open XS++ and connect fone the same way as before. Check the Flash FilesSytem Tab. Browse and select the files ‘W700_R1CA021_FS_EMEA_6_RED49.fbn’ that u downloaded. Now hit flash. After completion, unplug fone, re-insert battery to refresh.

STEP 4: Customizing FS.
After unpacking, copy the customization folder ‘W700_Carolina_i_CDA102580_103_EMEA_6’ you downloaded into the FAR manager folder. also copy the farfield_play.apf super loud driver in to the same folder.
Now that we’ve flashed FS, we need to install customization (regional) files in FS to make ur fone work. To access the fone’s FS, we have a program called FAR manager.
But first we must make our fone compatible with FAR manager. To do this, we flash a patch to our MAIN firmware using XS++. Open XS++, connect fone. Now as we did before, check the Flash MAIN. Now browse(‘…’) to FAR manager folder and goto Plugins folder. select the file ‘k750w800_r2e_dcu.49r.ssw’ as MAIN file and hit flash. This will take 3 seconds. Unplug fone and close XS++ when it displays ‘Finishing Flash’. Take out and re-insert battery to refresh.
Now open FAR manager program, and press F11 key, select the SEFP plugin. in the following popup window, select DCU-60 cable, speed:921600 and boot script as K750_w800_cid49 (make sure u don’t select K750_w800_CID36 by mistake). Now click ‘Enter the Matrix’. In the following window, it asks you to connect fone just the way u connected to XS++ (by holding ‘c’ bla blah blah!).

FAR will detect your fone and 2 folders will appear, FLASH and FS. Double click on FS and let it process for a couple of minutes. Now you have entered the File Sysytem of your fone…Congrats! You’re a hacker now! Many folders are displayed there. The folders on the left side of the FAR manager screen represent ur fone’s filesystem (FS). The right side of your screen displays the FAR manager folder (on ur PCs hard drive) that u just downloaded. The left side displays folders (‘..’,ifs,card,tpa,etc etc…). Here the ‘..’ represents the root of the directory(i.e. u can go back to previous folders by clicking this). On the right side (on hard drive folder FAR) goto ‘W700_Carolina_i_CDA102580_103_EMEA_6’ folder. there is a subfolder called ‘tpa’ inside. Now by clicking and holding this folder, drag it to the left side of the screen onto the ‘..’ (that represents root directory). Make sure u don’t drag it over any other folders . in the new popup, click ‘copy’ and wait for a few seconds as your customization files get copied into the FS. Now that the files have been copied, lets play around.
We are already inside the FS so why not take this opportunity to increase the speaker sound of our fones…. Inside FS, goto folder ifs>settings>acoustic>. The files that are being displayed are your fones sound drivers. Search for the file named ‘farfield_play.apf’ and delete it. Now copy the ‘farfield_play.apf’ in FAR folder (on hard drive) to this acoustic folder by just dragging it to anywhere on the left side of the screen. Click ‘..’ in FS to go back to previous folders. Continue clicking ‘..’ in previous folders until it asks you to ‘Shutdown The CSFS loader’. Hit ‘YES’ and close FAR. Unplug fone and re-insert battery to refresh.

Now we need to unpatch the MAIN that we did using XS++. Again open FAR, connect fone the same way as we did before until you reach the screen that displays FLASH and FS folders. This time, double click on FLASH. Now you enter another screen that displays ‘memory’. Ignore that. On the right side (hard drive) inside FAR folder, goto folder Plugins>REST. Look for the file named ‘REST_W700_R1CA021’. Select and drag the file to anywhere on the left side of the screen and click on ‘copy’ and then ‘flash’. In the following popup click ‘close’. Close FAR and unplug fone.
Re-insert SIM and battery and turn your fone ON. Wait for few minutes as it takes time to process the new firmware. YOUR DONE! Enjoy the Mega-bass in headsets and super loud speaker by playing media player without headsets!!!

Edit: Place the far manager in c:\program files. Then goto c:\program files\far\plugins\sepp and double click on sepp.0.10.51patch.exe. It'll run the command prompt and patch certain files. Be sure to place far manager in c:\program files only!

I used the drivers mentioned in this tuturial, but was not satisfied wid the output. So I searched se-nse.net forums and got another pack. I'm uploading it on rapidshare. I found these better on my phone. Here's the link:
*rapidshare.com/files/25201533/best_acoustic_pack.rar.html

You may try both and use the one that suits u better!

The last step of unpatching didn't work on my phone. My phone was dead after I performed the steps indicated. So i again went thru the whole procedure and instead of unpatching from within far manager, I again flashed only the main firmware thru XS++ (NOT the FS, filesystem otherwise it'll undo what u did!). It took abt 1.5 mins more than whats in this tutorial but I got my phone back with updated drivers, good megabass and LOUD audio o/p from the onboard speakers, comparable to n70me and w550i!

Source: Romil, w700i community, orkut.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tutorial 2: Increase the SMS storage capacity

INCREASE SMS CAPACITY
TO INCREASE SMS CAPACITY......

1.do the same as we did for increasing volume.....
2.but in FAR manager,instead of going to ifs/settings/acoustics.....go to ifs/settings/messaging....
3.select pref_store.txt and press F4to edit it....
4.there wud be /sms data written there......change it to /tpa and then press F2 to save and then F10 to quit.....
5.now shut down the FAR manager.....and then do wat we do with XS++ in the end.......according to the guide....
Source: Pratik & Slayer, orkut w700 community.

PS: This will also work on w810i (and possibly Z550i and W300i too), but you need to find the right set of files. Unless you haf the relevant files, plz DO NOT try this! Jus a li'l bit searching and you'll haf all those files. The acoustic drivers are really good plus they are independent of phone models. All those complaining that the w810i's volume is low will be amazed to see this! Even all those who are still suffering with the hiss can use this pack.

CAUTION: Guys, plz backup all your files. All the firmware files haf been taken down from 4shared.com. Dunno if someone goofed up.

Even se-nse.net has taken them down due to lack of hosting solutions! They may take time to come up with it again. So keep all the files in a safe place (btw, I may need them from you guys as I don't haf a copy!! :D So guard them well!).

Also ensure FAR Manager is working; sometimes it just doesn't work, mebbe due to problem in files or windows (yeah dunno how but windows messes up wid some files and SEPP plugin doesn't load). The only solution to this problem is reloading of windows. So once a while keep checking all the files.

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
its long coz the first part includes the common procedure to be followed for messing around anything. the post also includes another tut. i've given my feedback. i like it. but even wid the other acoustic drivers the treble during in-call is less. i'm on the hunt for a better in-call driver. well, everyone may not observe it, its my personal opinion.

yes, if u take a modded phone to service center to claim warranty it stands void! but 99% times nothing major will happen. u can always restore the phone software thru SEUS and claim warranty! ;)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
update: i'm stil experimenting wid the handset acoustic files (the driver responsible for sound o/p from the earpiece during an on-going call) i replaced the modded louder ones wid the original r1ca ones. the loudness is not there but clarity sure is. will try out more.

increased the sms storage capacity to 32000 sms. gotta test that.... anything over 232 msgs and its working!

i changed the menu icons wid the lava theme. i'm uploading the file on rapidshare. lava:
*rapidshare.com/files/25229890/Lava_desktop.zip.html

wid this desktop, themes wid dark backgrounds look good.

follow the step4 and enter far manager. now copy all the files from the lava folder (all gifs and menu.ml) to tpa/preset/system/menu. be sure to backup the original menu.ml from the phone to hard disk. follow the steps to come out of far manager. then flash ur phone wid the MAIN firmware. ur phone is now ready. i'm attaching the menu pics after flashing. sorry for the crappy pics!

*img329.imageshack.us/img329/2716/picture1ha6.th.jpg

and

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/1440/picture2yk0.th.jpg

update: 11/04/07

finally satisfied wid these earpiece acoustic drivers. i'm uploading the 2 earpiece drivers, unzip them and place them in ifs>settings>acoustic> alongwid already existing files. the link:

*rapidshare.com/files/25383305/handset_call.zip.html

i also changed the volume and sounds of failure and delivery report tones. u may wanna try them. they need to be placed in: tpa>preset>system>sound alongwid already existing files. this is the folder where u can modify all the internal tones of the phone. take a backup of this folder first. then u can edit them. the cam shutter shound, connecting, msg tones and hell lotsa ones... here is the link for the 2 modded files:

*rapidshare.com/files/25383292/cust_sounds.zip.html

ps: backup backup backup first!!!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@IR dude ..thnx

But im stuck at the following step
Now open FAR manager program, and press F11 key, select the SEFP plugin. in the following popup window, select DCU-60 cable, speed:921600 and boot script as K750_w800_cid49 (make sure u don’t select K750_w800_CID36 by mistake). Now click ‘Enter the Matrix’. In the following window, it asks you to connect fone just the way u connected to XS++ (by holding ‘c’ bla blah blah!).

Plz help me. Im not able to get to the selections like DCU-60. ANd how to select the SEFP plugin??Its very urgent and im in middle of the flashing.

My phone seems dead and nothin happens when i try to turn on. I tried flashin with the R1CA21 from REST folder, but no use.
Plz help yaar.

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok do this... place the far manager in c/program files/. goto /c/prog files/far/plugins/sepp and double click on sepp.0.10.51patch.exe. it'll run and command prompt and patch certain files. try after that. be sure to place far manager in /c/prog files only!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ok, sorry..my mistake...Ive got the step nd will give my result in a momemt. Thnx buddy.
And now my phone is dead. Will it be Ok after the steps?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Now i get the following error message when i try to access the FS folder.
*img133.imageshack.us/img133/1193/36198332ob4.th.jpg

what to do?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
start over again.... delete the far mgr folder. extract it again to prog files then apply the sepp patch and try again....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@infra_red_dude
thnx its workin....i wudve repped u many times if it hasn't been disabled
im on my next steps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

how to back up the menu.ml while flashing the menu items??its almost finished.
And shud i copy the gif files also into the menu folder?

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
drag and drop the whole tpa and ifs folder from the phone to hard disk to take a backup. this way u can fiddle wid anything and also be sure to haf a backup of the whole file system. yes u need the new menu.ml and also the gif files in the same folder for the new menu stlye.

for more menu styles head to this:
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=3716&hl=pimp+menu

so cud u get it working??

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
Ok.I have succesfully flashed new firmware.But later when i try to increase the SMS capacity or when i try to change menu style,iam getting blue screen!
As soon as i double click on FS in far,phone starts automatically and BSOD appears on my comp.I tried deleting and patching the SEFP but still i get same error every time.
But Iam able to USE my mobile.

^^someone Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if u are able to use mobile then its not flashed properly wid the breaker (the k750w800_r2e_dcu.49r.ssw file) start over again. extract the files again and try. when u flash wid the dummy breaker firmware its not usable!

shashank_re

In the zone
Thanks dude!I have done it succesfully.Do you know any other mods?
And can we use use flash menus(not the gifs)in w700i?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah u can do it. u gotta edit the layout.xml. just check out. fiddle around wid it... at least u can remove the operator name... thats possible!

shashank_re

In the zone
One more..........when we are using few Java apps like mobyexplorer,file protect,etc.It keeps on asking "Whether you want this app to read the files",thats damn annoying.So is it possible to get rid of those permissions?
And any way to lock messages?
If you know anyother mods please share with us.

Top Bottom