English as the primary language in India?? Read Inside

Wat's ur opinion??

• Yes, I want English as the only official language in India

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, I like the current system

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No, Remove English,Hindi and other languages and make my state language as primary language in India

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
As per title make English as the default language for all states in India, currently in India a person has to learn 3 languages inorder to communicate the people(state language,Hindi and English). But it will be useless if he/she moves into another state. So I suggest to remove Hindi and all state languages from India and make English as the primary language. wat is ur opinion about this??

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Do you know what? I don't know how to read, write or speak in my native language but I can understand it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
out of all state languages in india, English is the easiest to learn.. No more matras, no bullshit 3 types of Sa...

I have nightmare how I passed my hindi and odiya exams when i was in school

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
out of all state languages in india, English is the easiest to learn.. No more matras, no bullshit 3 types of Sa...

I have nightmare how I passed my hindi and odiya exams when i was in school

Thats misleading, English is one of the stupid language to learn and nor easy as you may feel. However, I still vote for English as its a world language and brought to us by British Imperialism in India that we became of prime source of BPO worldwide in modern world, now in China (where they have Chinese for everything) Govt. is running programs to teach English to masses to have better stand against us.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
English is one of the stupid language to learn and nor easy as you may feel.

that is not misleading, you may have problems learning english but by comparision, English is much easier to learn than say, Hindi..
There's a good reason why English still remains as an "international" language..
Just google, easiest language to learn, you will find English in the top 5 in multiple websites (PS : those are by votes)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thats misleading, English is one of the stupid language to learn and nor easy as you may feel. However, I still vote for English as its a world language and brought to us by British Imperialism in India that we became of prime source of BPO worldwide in modern world, now in China (where they have Chinese for everything) Govt. is running programs to teach English to masses to have better stand against us.

How can a language be stupid?! A language is simply a language.

I'm clueless here!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Making english official is perfectly fine but if it's done at the cost of your/our mother tongue, then NO.

Just see the level of hindi a kid has today. I don't care if he/she is a Shakespeare or whatever, but he/she ought to know basic hindi/mother language.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
that is not misleading, you may have problems learning english but by comparision, English is much easier to learn than say, Hindi..
There's a good reason why English still remains as an "international" language..
Just google, easiest language to learn, you will find English in the top 5 in multiple websites (PS : those are by votes)

Votes can't be rational always, hope you have seen it many times.. , my views are not just based on my bias towards English, talk to some experience people who knows English and few other languages in depth, for instance, Hindi is much much mature and technically advanced than English.

After you research (not just your own limited knowledge) and let me know how you feel about it. Btw, I have not started talking about sanskrit yet :)

- - - Updated - - -

Making english official is perfectly fine but if it's done at the cost of your/our mother tongue, then NO.

Just see the level of hindi a kid has today. I don't care if he/she is a Shakespeare or whatever, but he/she ought to know basic hindi/mother language.

Bang.. thats the irony today, they don't know proper English and yet loosing on Hindi already. I have seen people going clueless now a days if I draft a letter for them in Hindi, amazingly, same people gets even more oblivious if that letter is in English.. :-8

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I like the current system

- - - Updated - - -

:thumbs:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Count the number of people.
Also, I'm from UP & I've been to north, west, central India where I found the common language to be predominantly Hindi.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Count the number of people.
Also, I'm from UP & I've been to north, west, central India where I found the common language to be predominantly Hindi.
They know Hindi but prefer regional language.. I have been in lots of situation when a guy is talking regional language and I am like.. what.. and then he realizes I am Hindi speaking.. and then uses Hindi or English ..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
They know Hindi but prefer regional language.. I have been in lots of situation when a guy is talking regional language and I am like.. what.. and then he realizes I am Hindi speaking.. and then uses Hindi or English ..

Do you think they can speak fluent English?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Madurai ..

But thats just one city. To say that English should be the common language of the whole damn country is stupid.
I was in Gujarat in august for training & my roomie was a Keralite from Kochi. I thought he must be super-uncomfortable in Hindi as netizens comment everywhere that south indians hate hindi and blah blah...so I started talking with him in English but to my surprise he preferred talking in Hindi & he was fluent at it. This was just one small experience. In college I had sikhs from punjabi villages who couldn't speak hindi at all but it just took them one semester to overcome that.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am from the North East. No one speaks Hindi over there. I know a lot of people from the South(currently in America). None of them speak Hindi. It's not that they don't, it's that they can't. Indians living in other countries(Dubai, US etc) don't learn to speak Hindi.

Top Bottom