EMail trace

maxtor

Journeyman
Is it possible to trace where a yahoo or gmail email has come from? A person is writing to me saying he is from US but I have a feeling that he may be in India.

If there is a way I wanted to check where the mail is coming from and even who has sent it.

dexbg

Journeyman
Create a random webpage.. host it somewhere free.

Put Google analytics on that webpage. Now trick the other person into clcking the link to that page. He will load that page on his browser and your Google analytics will pick up the details the visitor of the webpage.

Lolz... please try this. :]

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Too much work for something so trivial, best is this, if the person has an android phone with gps, get him to download Cerberus, and you get everything.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
simply check the email header.in gmail this is "show original" option i think.it will show you the sending server's IP which can be easily located by using any IP lookup website.however if a person is using a US proxy site then it will obviously show US IP address.judging by your post if someone is claiming to be from US offering you anything neglect it.if it is a matter of social networking then simply ask the person to call from a US landline phone(not mobile) but again that can be arranged also.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^This makes me remember an incident back in 2007 when a friend called me from "my number". At that time I was like wtf :p

Top Bottom