Email Dynamic ip to email

mrintech

Technomancer
I don't know any Software which emails you. But, this one is pretty useful: OpenDNS > Support > Dynamic IP: Updater Clients :)

Details here: *www.opendns.com/support/dynamic_ip/

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^That is something different mrintech. Its used to update your IP in your OpenDNS account when its changed. But it won't notify you. Moreover you can't remember what was the last IP.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am looking for a software that automatically email me on my IP chanage

On your IP change, it means you are using that connection, so why don't you simply open website like whatsmyip.com to see your IP.

Or is it you want to keep record of your IPs assigned to you ever.

For that I can think one in C# etc.. which keeps gets your system's IP and mail to you each time you connect, however in linux you can simply set up a bash script and use command like :
Code:
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet addr:' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}'
, further you can use mail command to tunnel it any email address.

digit.sh

Journeyman
Even I am looking for such a software for linux. So far did not find any, now trying to write a script to do that. Hope I shall succeed!

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
Actually there is a software i used in the past that check ur wan ip at a particular interval and if it finds that ur ip is changed it mail u the new ip at ur email address using (SMTP) as configured in the software itself.

But i don't remember the software names

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IP Monitor Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Barefoot Productions, Inc. program. IP Monitor allows tracking of a dynamic IP address change on a Windows PC.
IPWatcher Software Informer: Latest version download, news and info about this Gear Box Computers program. Is a software application that monitors your public and local IP address.
Download WWIP (Watch WAN IP) 1.31.2038.17158 Free - Watch WAN IP is intended to allow users to monitor the WAN (external) IP address of their personal router/firewall - Softpedia

Top Bottom