DVD Writters??which one

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetan.g

Journeyman
i want to buy a really performance peek dvd writter .... i dont know much abt it and want some guidance over it ......i have heard LITE ON DVD writter is best ...... i dont know which to choose

guys pls guide me to the best dvd writter plz

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Most members on the forum are going to recommend the BenQ DW1650. I'm telling you that right now and saving you a lot of effort of going through multiple posts. Cost Rs. 2500.
Happy burning :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Hehe.. exactly.. Get the BenQ DW1650. IMHO, the best writer right now. I got it for 2470 ;)

Ch@0s

In the zone
Liteon drives other than the new P series are pure crap. The 1633/1653/1673/1693 had horrible write quality. Get the Benq 1650 or else if you can't find it, the sony DRU810A which is a rebadged Benq 1640. Do not get the DRU820A as it has poor write quality.

maximus999

Broken In
Who says SONY DRU 820A has poor write quality?

I been using it since last 2 months.......it has given me an Excellent performance even better than my old LITEON.

Ch@0s

In the zone
cdrlabs, cdrwin, cdfreaks... everyone says the same... write quality is bad :p. How exactly do you define performance? Post a scan from that drive.

sanju

Journeyman
thanx for the info
I am just planning to buy one
my combo drive isnot reading digit cd but correctly reading dvd? what the reason i donot know.

S

saiaspire

Even i had the same problem with my Lite-ON combo drive, it reads dvd's but not cd's.
I use a lg dvd riter now, it's the best!! Even cd-freaks said it.

BenQ is a better option, but service support is bad(tat's wat i heard from my friend who had a benq drive)

So gor for a LG.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All....

Even I am looking for a DVD writer...So rather than starting a new thread, I am posting within this topic...(Good boy me!)

As far as optical drives are concerned...All through these days...(Yeah, I have been around for a decent amount of time) I have been reading that samsung & benq drives are the worst ones available..And liteon & Sony r the best ones...

So how come the change of mind???? Is benq really that good??? And does liteon really suck?

And whats the max write speed which is on offer?? The main reason that I didnt buy a DVD writer yet is that I have been waiting for a higher speed writer to hit the markets...Something like 24X or 32X...Has anything like that been launched???

And costs?? IF I get a piece for as low as 2.5K I am rushing to shop right now!!!

Please reply to all my queries..Thanx a lot in advance..

HK

OP
C

chetan.g

Journeyman
now all means that ......Benq DW 1650 DVD Writter is the best option to buy on rather than sony,L.G,lite on ..etc...

but why Benq only ?? any reasons........

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Sony DVD writer is the best, not BenQ. I'm using it for the past 2 years now. No problems.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Some Advantages of Benq,
1. Good ventilation system for drive.
2. Dual Colored LED for read and write function.
3. Disc quality scanning ability. Pioneer or ASUS drives lacks this feature.
4. Features Solid burn technology.
5. Supports overspeeding of the media.

If you know how to use the Benq Qsuite then you can control the drive the way you want it.

@Jguru
1. Sony DRU-810A=Benq 1640
2. Sony DRU-820A=Benq 1670
All other Previous sony dvd burners are Lite-ON OEM's.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Sony drives are good I agree but they aint exactly the "Sony" you were believed into buying. As Gary has said Sony rebrands Lite-On or BenQ drives and sells it. I recently bougt a BenQ 1650 16x Burner and its PIF/PIE scans are all above 90 even with cheap media. Its really a good and stable drive. As most members have suggested here, I too agree, the drive is simply good for massive burning. Go ahead get it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom