Dvd-r Dual layer price ... Any Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecold8

Broken In
Can anybody tell me abt the price of "Dvd-r Dual layer 8.5 gb" blank media . I tried getting it from some of the shops but it seems it's still not very popular and no info is available for its price as well. Checked some products listed at ebay also and they were showing an average price of 300 Rs. Is it so ? Cos the " Blank Dvd-r 4.7gb" cost around 15 Rs so i don't think dual layer could be tht much expensive.
Cheers

Andyiz

Journeyman

To know the correct prize always mention the place to which u belong?
prizes differ frm place to place

OP
S

stonecold8

Broken In
Re: reply

Andyiz said:
To know the correct prize always mention the place to which u belong?
prizes differ frm place to place

I am from Delhi. U have any idea abt price ? Cos a local shop wala said its not more than 60 Rs, although he didn't had tht DL so tht I can buy :evil: . Its still expensive but not a whopping 300rs.

theraven

Technomancer
balls
60 bucks is for a normal dvd
that guy doesnt know what a dl dvd is in that case
dl dvds are NUTHIGN LESS THAN 250 A PIECE

OP
S

stonecold8

Broken In
theraven said:
balls
60 bucks is for a normal dvd
that guy doesnt know what a dl dvd is in that case
dl dvds are NUTHIGN LESS THAN 250 A PIECE

No mate normal dvd u can get even at a rate of rs 15.

eddie

El mooooo
60 bucks for a normal DVD. WOW!!! :shock:
I was thinking about buying a DVD writer and thought that media was quite cheap now. I have read in lots of threads here that normal DVD now costs just 20 bucks and even branded ones are coming for 30 max. Are you sure of that price?

OP
S

stonecold8

Broken In
Yes u can get normal DVD in between 10-20 Rs easily . Just few hrrs back I bought 10 dvds for 15 rs each of nice quality and burn 5 of them too ;)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
you'll get Unbranded DVDs starting Rs. 12. i haven't experienced any problem with Navtech media (Price Rs. 14).

Branded ones like Sony/Moserbaer will cost you > Rs. 50

And a Moserbear/Sony DVD-RW will cost you Rs. 90-100

theraven

Technomancer
read clearly it stated ull get the dvd for a MAX of 60 bucks
and thats what i meant :p
those are normal dvd's
start from 12-60 bucks
dual layered dvds start from 250 ( if ur lucky )

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
dual layered dvds start from 250 ( if ur lucky )

YES! you need to be lucky if you want to get it for Rs. 250. After some extensive searching in chennai, the minimum price i was offered is Rs. 280 (Verbatim), which I settled down for.

In kerala It starts from Rs. 350 apiece.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
it depends on the brand guys

an unknown brand dvd+r costs rs.20 in my city, abit better quality, 25 a piece, but brands like sony or moserbaer come for nothing less than rs.55-60

and yes dual layer dvds are exoribantly priced currentlt...better to burn 2 single layer dvds than pay a whopping 300 per piece

DJ AmaZe

Broken In
well .. moser baer dvds r for 25rs each .. from a wholesaler here in pune... n a DL dvd costs 275rs..
i get edgetech dvds for 19 rs each...

go4saket

A Moserbear DVD+RW costs Rs.80/-

As for DVD9, I dont think you would get it anything below 250 to 275. This is simply amazing as when you go to buy DVD movies, you generally get movies on a DVD9 and costs you just 80 to 100 bucks. Now, where the hell do these guys get those disks form...

DJ AmaZe

Broken In
go4saket said:
A Moserbear DVD+RW costs Rs.80/-

As for DVD9, I dont think you would get it anything below 250 to 275. This is simply amazing as when you go to buy DVD movies, you generally get movies on a DVD9 and costs you just 80 to 100 bucks. Now, where the hell do these guys get those disks form...

dude.. couldnt hav agreed more... v get movies on dual layered discs for 50-60 rs flat!!! god knows where these guys get the disks from .. n by the way, my frnd told me that u get DL media for 40-50 rs on some streets in mumbai... obviously unbranded.. n once u buy them, there is no way by which u can tel if they're gud o not ...
i haven't seen these discs whenever i've tried to search in b'bay though..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
DJ AmaZe said:
well .. moser baer dvds r for 25rs each .. from a wholesaler here in pune... n a DL dvd costs 275rs..
i get edgetech dvds for 19 rs each...

How is your Edgetech, since I have just bought a pack but not used it (Rs.15/each). BTW its cover says, "manufactured by Moser Bauer".

Reg. DL, I think the price is so high mainly since it is still not popular. Years back we had to buy low speed CD-Rs at hundreds of Rupees. So let's wait!

V.Prem Kumar

manmay

Journeyman
moser baer dvd+rw for 70 bucks in surat....
hoe come u all r payin more. being in surat i think i should be getting this stuff at a higher price then mumbai guys....how come surat is cheaper ...
and as i mentioned earlier i bought a 100 dvd pack of moser baer at 1900 bucks.....
confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom