DVD playing problem (cracked & vibrating voices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Now I got another new problem, the DVD plays with voice being cracked and gives a "vibrating" effect :(
This happens in all the DVD :(

Do you guys think this may be due to the fact that I did something to the registry thing ( I installed MPC and wanted to add the option "play with MPC to my DVD drive) and do that wrong ?

I uninstalled the Quicktime alternate (and hence MPC as well). Now I am not able to watch DVD's properly (or rather, I cant watch itself :( )

Guys plz help me. Thanks for the support.

Biplav

In the zone
naah nothing to do with ur physical dvd drive.
its some thing u did with the software or windows.
if u got 2 os then try playing the dvds in the other os and c whether u get the same results.
if u dont have 2 os(which i assume) try to undo the regedit u did. and
finally y basically where u playing with ur registry???
and by any chance have u installed any codecs of late?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

@Biplav,
I installed codec (klite mega codec pack) after that my windows media player and powerDVD dint play DVD's at all. Still I am lazy to reinstall agian.

Now , even after that I have installed the codecs, VLC played the DVD's without any issue, untill this sunday :(

Data DVD play well. Does PAL DVD cause this problem (I have tried NTSC DVD now, but even that dont play well).

Delpiero said:
Try using different DVD players like Win DVD or Power DVD. Clean your DVD drive with a lens cleaner.
Hmm... it got nothing to DVD rom drive. I use VLC player only, as it's free, my powerDVD got issue, but thanks I will try that also :D

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Nah I dont think that the registry edit would have caused it , but its always ncie to confirm it.
First of all try another DVD or try the same DVD in a different system.
See if you can manually play it by installing something new like powerdvd or anything else.
Ive tried the above trick on different file types but I have yet to find a similair problem . Although mines involved audio files. Also if youh ave a dual boot system then you could always check if it works in the other OS. I havent tried cleanign the lens of the dvd player or cd drive so I wouldnt know about that. Other than that I would give you the last option I hate to tell anyone

Nuke the install and reinstall everything after you have backed up everything of course and see f it helps.

I installed codec (klite mega codec pack) after that my windows media player and powerDVD dint play DVD's at all. Still I am lazy to reinstall agian.

I just searched google and found numerous issues with klite and powerdvd on various boards however I couldnt find an exact solution. If I find something Ill post it .

Biplav

In the zone
yes that was it.
klite mega codec.
come join the party.
i got the problem a month back.mine was no cracked voice but too heavy vibrations.
its the codec error then.
uninstall it.they play in power or win dvd
if it doesnt work then try ace codec pack then .

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

@Biplav, it used to play well even after that I installed it. But only VLC played and not powerDVD or winDVD.
The thing is that VLC dont use this codecs, then why klite codec problem?
But I will uninstall and post the details here.

@exx_2000, regarding your post, I replies at you know where :D

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
ur problem is because of the ac3filter that is installed with the klite codec pack.& here's the solution---->Open WMP,go to Tools-->Options-->DVD-->Advanced.That'll bring up the AC3filter config menu,fiddle around a bit with the settings (speaker type,sample format etc...) until the sound bcomz ok.

btw,the reason y ur prob persisted evn after u uninstalled the codec pack waz bcuz even after removing the pack,ac3filter still remains installed & registered on the system.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

I did as you said,but I can't find any ac3filter options in the things, but yes audio type and all that was there. OK I will try out and tell this morning.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Keith, I did as you said (put that it to basic) , but there is no effect, the sound is not proper and it's cracked as before :( :( Do we need to restart? and I dint restart.

Do you think it's hardware problem? ; as all the other disks play well (Data DVD, VCD, Data CD, etc..) it's only the movie DVD that dont play well.

Any other ideas?

@dIgItaL_BrAt,
No, it's same as before , dint work :(

You could try restarting. Better still uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers. Also, STAY AWAY FROM CODEC PACKS. They might appear as a neat all-in-one solution but hard to troubleshoot when things go wrong. FFDSHOW is a good alternative.

Biplav

In the zone
yes u might try reinstalling ur sound card drivers.
better if u got 2 os or plan to make 2 os then try it in the ther operating system.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Keith Sebastian said:
You could try restarting. Better still uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers. Also, STAY AWAY FROM CODEC PACKS. They might appear as a neat all-in-one solution but hard to troubleshoot when things go wrong. FFDSHOW is a good alternative.
I also restarted, but still the problem persists :(

Now reagarding reinstalling the sound drivers, I have a 6 yr old Mercury motherboard and my mobo CD dont have the drivers for Windows XP, so last time around I had to ask my friend who also has a Mercury mobo, it's bit difficult to ask him agian as he lives a bit far away from where I live. I have c- media sound card, can I get the same from any site? Plz tell me how to reinstall also (assuming that I get my drivers). I forgot (or rather never tried before) how to reinstall the drivers.

I have *ALL CODECS UNINSTALLED*, now I play in VLC players or BSPlayer (still some issues with certain formats, but it's OK).

Also I have only Windows XP, so I cant try in other OS also :(

Thanks for the support, in advance.

Biplav

In the zone
ok grudge
i uploaded my mercury c media sound drivers for u.
*rapidshare.de/files/4361538/WDM.rar.html
i have zipped it it shud unzip to around 5-6 mb. if it doesnt then its corrupt.
anyways u got to install it from device mgr.
so first u need to uninstall ur sound drivers.
then select the location of the unzipped file"wdm"

i got mercury mbd too and my audio codec is " cmedia ac97 audio device"
so basically this shud work for u :arrow:

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Oh... Biplav! Thanks yaar :D
It's very late now.. , I shall try out this morning after 10am and tell you as to how this goes abt. Thanks for drivers :D

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Just now unzipped, it comes to around 6.4 mb.

Biplav, by the it don't look like it used to be (or that's what I feel). Is this the drivers for XP? Is there any other stuffs for audio? Can you plz post a screenshot of the audio drivers folder of your mobo cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom