DVD playing problem (cracked & vibrating voices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
casual_gamer said:
Have you installed software like Total Recorder, or any Sound recorder because the same thing had happened to me couple of years ago only in Quicktime player.

Go to Controlpanel --> Sounds and Multimedia click on Audio tab, and under Sound Playback select your sound card because if you had installed if you had installed Totalrecorder it would install its own driver and change the playback device to its own driver.

hope this helps.....
No...I have not installed it. I think I am some 90-95 sure that I have not installed it. :( :(

@expertno.1, thanks for that thing, will it work properly and have you tried it?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

I think I found out wht the probelm is :D (maybe thats the reason, but not sure).

From last sunday , the DVD's dint play well as it is supposed to play because that's the day, when I uninstalled DVD decrypter

Now I installed DVD decrypter, but still the problem persists, what to do ppl? :( :(

I did the following:
- Re-installed my DVD player (VLC player)
- Un-installed the codec pack (klite mega)
- Cleaned unwanted entries at registry
- Updated my sound card drivers
- Re-installed them as well
- Tried to play in other players also, but it's the same in all the players.

Now I think, it's because of DVD decrypter, which I installed agian and restarted, even now it's not playing as it used to.

Plz suggest as what to do to make it proper.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Wow Im stuck at this point. I mean VLC player doesnt use any Codec other than the ones that does come with it. So reinstalling it should actually help if it was a problem with its codecs. This is from their documentation

File does not play, only sound or only video
Maybe the file you are trying to read is not fully supported. VLC does not use the codec packs you might have installed. It comes with its own codecs. If there is no open-source decoder for the format you are trying to read, it won't be supported. (There is an exception, under Windows, for codecs that use the DirectShow framework).

Now I checked my Codecs and your codecs and I basically have the same
thing with the exception of Indeo Codec.

Proceed with CAUTION

Now I know that this is gonna sound insane but here goes.

We know youre having a problem with the sound of the dvds you play. (hey by any chance can you play a cd from it ?) But you CAN read data dvds fine. What if we uninstalled every single codec audio ,video If Im correct you shouldnt encounter any errors (Please correct me if Im wrong.)Hell while not uninstall every single media player INCLUDING windows media Player 10 or what ya got on your system and then reinstall everything ie the media players one by one. If you are using onboard sound or a sound card lets uninstall ti and reinstall it. I think you have the drivers downloaded from Biplav.

Please can anyone confirm that this would not affect his pc anyway. I personaly havent tried this asince I dont have access ot my Pc. Now if this doesnt solve it then Id have nothing else to suggest other than to reinstall the whole thing.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

No, I can play all other disks fine. Data DVD,CD all play well, only the the DVD movies dont play (I mean, dont play with the sound properly).

No man.. I have some 2-3 players.. I have windows media player 9 only (I unistalled the new one) , lemme d/l that and see if it works properly.

I tried all that I can do with the drivers too.

Now.. with after all this, I might have no option but to reinstall the OS :(

The problem now lies with that DVD decrypter, as I have said, the DVD's dont play well the day I unistalled it from my system.

expertno.1

Technomancer
@expertno.1, thanks for that thing, will it work properly and have you tried it?

yeah i have tried it 5 times

every month i format my computer and after installing the os there is a lot of driver problem

so i ws in search of a softie like this and at last i got this driver genius

it will create a exe of all the drivers which u have (third pary also)

and when u insatll a fresh copy of windows then jsut simply run the exe file and every driver will come back

trry it

i do it with it alwasy coz my system drivers are in different cds hard to find in which cd which driver is

so i use driver genius

give it a try

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Hmm... atlast I had to format-reinstall my Windows XP and this time I have Windows XP gold with SP2 :D

Now it's ok and working fine. :(

drgrudge said:
Hmm... atlast I had to format-reinstall my Windows XP and this time I have Windows XP gold with SP2 :D

Now it's ok and working fine. :(

Aug 23 to Sep 16. And you finally decide to clean up and re-install. Goodonya mate! You should've done it long back, though I didn't suggest as I thought you were missing drivers needed for a clean install.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

No mate, I knew it was not the problem with the drivers. I also found out the problem as to why that happened, it was due to the uninstall of DVD decrypter. But then, one one seemed to have any idea as to correct the problem, and I dint give up to solve it.

After a long wait, when I had no other options I went for the reinstall. And lol I could no longer wait to watch DVD movies :D

elumalai

Broken In
DVD not read in windows xp

After buying the DVD CDRW combo from Digit offer, now only I had the chance to view DVD movies....but here too i am unlucky...

I had a chance to go through burma bazaar, chennai and a guy offered a couple of DVD for 300 bucks, saying that it is original.

Being happy, i went to the house for enjoying DVD quality movie.

but alas, when I poppedin the first DVD, the message came that windows cannot recognise the DVD or read. need format??

Shocked and popped in the second DVD, my luck it got recognized and opend to view the files, they are having the extension *.vob, *.bup, *.ifo
and two directories audio-ts and video-ts. But none of the player found to be recognize that.

Currently, downloading k-lite codec lets see.

but the problem is why the first DVD is not recognized..... mine is windows xp. when googled, it says that some dvds are not read in windows xp or 2000.

pls help................................

elumalai

Broken In
also when checked in windows me ( my frens one), the same dvd is recognized as audio cd.

and shows a file track01.cda

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Hmm why do want to use Klite codec packs (or any other codec packs). Just u need XP's DVD codecs (d/l them from any MS d'l sites or Digit CD/DVD).

All the DVD's will have *.vob, *.bup, *.ifo files only and audio_ts folder will be empty.

Did you try to open the DVD and can you browse thro it?

I think the DVD is a faulty one and not the Drive.

elumalai

Broken In
drgrudge said:
Hmm why do want to use Klite codec packs (or any other codec packs). Just u need XP's DVD codecs (d/l them from any MS d'l sites or Digit CD/DVD).

All the DVD's will have *.vob, *.bup, *.ifo files only and audio_ts folder will be empty.

Did you try to open the DVD and can you browse thro it?

I think the DVD is a faulty one and not the Drive.

Thank u drgrudge

Also, one DVD is ok, i can able to browse through it. Also, after I installed powerDVD it runs perfectly.

But, another one is not even recognized.

The message shown is " windows counld not recognize the format or not compatible or the disk may be corrupted".

But when I ran the DVD in the shop where I bought, it worked perfectly ( it is a DVD player and not PC). So, he is refusing to get it back.

Is there any s/w to help me, that interacts with the drive directly without the interference of windows kernel..????

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Did you try any other software like VLC player or WinDVD or MPC?

There is some problem with the Windows media player, it wont play any DVD movies (which are copy-protected; but you dont worry pirated DVD's from burma bazzar are not copy protected :D)
See this:
*img279.imageshack.us/img279/3839/untitled5tf.gif

And the DVD's unless data DVD's will play only in PC and not in DVD player. So irrespective of the DVD format thing, it should play in your DVD rom drive.

elumalai

Broken In
drgrudge said:
Did you try any other software like VLC player or WinDVD or MPC?

There is some problem with the Windows media player, it wont play any DVD movies (which are copy-protected; but you dont worry pirated DVD's from burma bazzar are not copy protected :D)
See this:
*img279.imageshack.us/img279/3839/untitled5tf.gif

And the DVD's unless data DVD's will play only in PC and not in DVD player. So irrespective of the DVD format thing, it should play in your DVD rom drive.

I installed winDVD, vlc and many other players found in digit dvd.

but the thing is the OS itself not recognizing the DVD, today I am going again to his shop and request or beg or shout to return it back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom