DVD Burning Issue

ak24

Broken In
Hi guys

I have just purchased a new LG GH24NS70.. to burn disc i am using moser baer blank dvd. So far i have tried to burn 3 blank dvd's all divx movies. It shows that the dvd is created succesfully but when i try to play in all 3 disc it has made the same error out of 5-6 movies that burnt in a single disc it has failed to burn 1 movie in all the discs. i.e in the first disc it has 6 movies but it not play 1 movie the same story with the rest of the disc. Is this a hardware issue or software. for burning i am using LG burning tool that came free with the dvd writer. Has anyone faced this kind of problem. can somepne pls help me

Thanks

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, from what I understood, you have tried to burn "the same six movies" on each of the three drives.
Sounds, like, the first movie is itself corrupt, on the source location, i.e., on the computer!

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
Nope they are all different movies not "the same six movies" and also i have watched those movies on my pc they work fine. I have noticed that in all the 3 disk it is the last file that has a problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Maybe a single disk is too short to hold six movies, and so the last one is left out, for burning.
Why don't you try just to burn 5 movies at a time.

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
Tried burning just 5 files and then also 4 files it's doing the same thing. It says all files burnt sucessfully but fails to read the last one.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Why dont you try using alternate burning software?

Can you burn other file?

Are dvd's scratched?

Are you trying to burn from admin a/c?

saswat23

Human Spambot
And thats why i never prefer LG though many use it.
Now try burning 2 files at a time. If this problem stil persists then give it back for RMA. Also try convincing your dealer if he could exchange it for Samsung/HP/Asus DVD-RW.

Also try the steps mentioned in the above post by 'thetechfreak'.

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
Why dont you try using alternate burning software?

Can you burn other file?

Are dvd's scratched?

Are you trying to burn from admin a/c?

Tried to burn with Nero also a different file this time

dvd's are not scratched

yes i just have one account thats admin but still it says burned successfully but cannot read the last file .. vlc gives an error cannot read file. the dvd writer i have is 24x and dvd's are 16x could that be the problem. do i have to specify the burning speedlimit in nero ???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Lg drives are arent that bad :)
I have been using one since 4-5 years and havent faced many problems.
but yes, some drives may have manufacturing defects hence the problems.

@OP
Nero normally burns in top speed.

I think you must try with lower speed. That should do it

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Or if OP uses Nero Burning ROM mode, (that is, non-express mode) then he can select, Recorder -> Burn Compilation.
And then at Burn tab, selecting speed at write speed drop down menu.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys

I have just purchased a new LG GH24NS70.. to burn disc i am using moser baer blank dvd. So far i have tried to burn 3 blank dvd's all divx movies. It shows that the dvd is created succesfully but when i try to play in all 3 disc it has made the same error out of 5-6 movies that burnt in a single disc it has failed to burn 1 movie in all the discs. i.e in the first disc it has 6 movies but it not play 1 movie the same story with the rest of the disc. Is this a hardware issue or software. for burning i am using LG burning tool that came free with the dvd writer. Has anyone faced this kind of problem. can somepne pls help me

Thanks
Burn moserbaer dvds @ 8x max, also do a verification run.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh, yeah... I completely forgot to suggest this. Verification is Absolutely Must here. It might take some time more, to finish the burn process, but it's worth it.
Since, many times, data is burned successfully, and it is at the time of verification, that I find out, that some files were not burned correctly.
Saves my a** many times :))

adam

Banned
This sounds like a software issue. Try alternate burning software - DVD Author Plus is a good free dvd burning software. It will burn your video files to create a Video DVD that will work on any DVD player. Easy to use, works perfectly, and fast. Download it here:
Free DVD Burning Software - DVD Author Plus

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll tell you a simple thing regarding optical drives. Everyone has faced problems with every brand. No point of being brand conscious. :|

In the old days, Samsung drives never used to open. I replaced those with Lite-On and Lite-On was too noisy. Then father bought a HP media center PC and its DVD writer went poof within a year. I replaced my Lite-On DVD Writer with a Sony and Sony also went poof within a year. It also had trouble while reading few DVDs which was resolved by a firmware upgrade. Now the Superdrive of Mac mini is also giving me problems.

OP
A

ak24

Broken In
Hey guys
This time i used nero and burnt the disc at 8x also selected verification run. It took sometime but burnt the disc correctly. Thank you everybody for your help

Top Bottom