Dubai's illegal workers-MUST SEE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish619

Journeyman
These are photos which shows the plight of workers smuggled (literally) from INDIA,PAKISTAN,etc to be the workhorses of rich Shieks(Rich a**ho*les)

These are real
*www.guardian.co.uk/global/gallery/2008/oct/08/1?picture=338366526

Ya'll know burj dubai right? the tallest building in dubai and in the world which is currently under construction?

According to wikipedia:

Burj Dubai is being built primarily by immigrant engineers and workers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and the Philippines.Press reports indicate that skilled carpenters at the site earn US$7.60/day, and laborers earn US$4.00.Unions were forbidden in the United Arab Emirates up until recently, when the government announced steps to allow construction unions. On March 21, 2006, workers upset over low wages and poor working conditions rioted, damaging cars, offices, computers, and construction equipment. A Dubai Interior Ministry official said the rioters caused approximately US$1m in damage. Most workers returned the following day but refused to work. Workers building a new terminal at Dubai International Airport also joined that day's strike action.

And if you wanna get shocked about human rights in dubai, read this article too, its worth it:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_United_Arab_Emirates

And if you wat to help the world or INDIA atleast please spread the news..

Post ur comments here

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Its really saddening that these helpless people have to undergo such inhuman cirsumstances to feed their families.

amizdu

Broken In
There are many many many more injustices done to human beings by human beings all over the world. All we can do is lament about it when we have the time to spare, and later we forget about these things.

din

Tribal Boy
Middle East is a dream place for a lot of people, especially poor people from various part of India. There are two sides, I mean the high profile job guys who can enjoy more with good living standards and the low profile job who have to share a room with 6 or 7 and having a very low salary and pathetic living condition :(

Sad :(

OP
H

harish619

Journeyman
Middle East is a dream place for a lot of people, especially poor people from various part of India. There are two sides, I mean the high profile job guys who can enjoy more with good living standards and the low profile job who have to share a room with 6 or 7 and having a very low salary and pathetic living condition :(

Sad :(

I dont know if you would belive me or not even the high profile jobs offered to Indians and not very easy coz there too they get twice or thrice the work that they are supposed to do....and one of my closest friends father used to work in kuwait and he died due to heart attack in his office itself because the manager would not let hi go for a break until he'd done his job......:(

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Disheartening very much. So much money goes to build towering hotels and so little for people. Soon Middle East is going to be dry of oil, a big desert with stranded cities of poor immigrants.

amizdu

Broken In
^^
Their politicians are taking all care to prevent just that.
They are trying to find a permenant source of income, so that they need not struggle later when all the oil is gone or when people take electric vehicles seriously.

Middle East seems to be a scary place to live in, esp. for non-Muslims.

nix

human rights abuses are generally higher in middle east countries. take for ex. egypt or iraq or iran or so many other countries in that region.

ancientrites

In the zone
^^
Their politicians are taking all care to prevent just that.
They are trying to find a permenant source of income, so that they need not struggle later when all the oil is gone or when people take electric vehicles seriously.

Middle East seems to be a scary place to live in, esp. for non-Muslims.

There are more non indians in bur dubai then deira(united arab emirates)infact there is a beautiful temple for hindus too.i personally dont think middle east is threat for non muslim.6 gulf countries oman,saudi,kuwait,qatar,bahrain and uae are all safe countries for non hindus.

iinfi

mekalodu
why talk abt middle-east or else where?? wat abt our own country??
daily wages workers get a pay of 100 INR (2.06 USD) on an average in our country. this is a govt. standard. And they live in more pathetic conditions than those in the middle-east.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
^^ u can't really compare the salaries ... he ain't gonna go & spend it in US ..... 100 bucks is fine as long as the PDS and other social schemes are working fine, which sadly isn't so .......

It wud be really cruel on my part to say this but those guys r working in Dubai bcoz they need the money ... whatever they r getting ..... If they demand higher payrates then someone else from some other poor country who's willing to do it at a lower price will take away their jobs ....... Simple & Heartless reality of LIFE ....

And wht do u think that guys at Wal Mart US earn ..and how much work do they have to do .....

amizdu

Broken In
There are more non indians in bur dubai then deira(united arab emirates)infact there is a beautiful temple for hindus too.i personally dont think middle east is threat for non muslim.6 gulf countries oman,saudi,kuwait,qatar,bahrain and uae are all safe countries for non hindus.

So thats what I too said?! :confused:

R2K

In the Zone
here in UAE it seems like rich ppl are becoming richer and poor ppl are becoming more poor..

but this country is sure developing like anything....but never think all indians over here are poor.......I saw many Indians over here who r earning millions of dirhams per year...eg Lulu hypermarket chain and manama hypermarket chains are owned by indians.......and they are filthy rich.........

NucleusKore

TheSaint
here in UAE it seems like rich ppl are becoming richer and poor ppl are becoming more poor..

but this country is sure developing like anything....but never think all indians over here are poor.......I saw many Indians over here who r earning millions of dirhams per year...eg Lulu hypermarket chain and manama hypermarket chains are owned by indians.......and they are filthy rich.........

Oh, and if I may add, they too exploit workers from India.

R2K

In the Zone
in every country workers are exploited....welfare of workers depends on circumstances and company.........anyways i always feel proud and happy when I meet a sucessful Indian here..............

loginname

Broken In
One way to protest is to stop shopping at the Dubai shopping festival to condemn this......hope somebody is looking at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom