Dragon Age: Origins

deepak8286

Broken In
oh no i thought of using templar armor for alistair.....so i cannot use him for the rest of the game...any idea on who is powerful sten or alistair? i carry on with sten but his health decreases fastly as he fights

i thought of giving juggernaut to aedan(main character) and dragon armor to sten or alistair....will this be fine?

i have killed 2 dragons one in orzammar royal palace(to get ageless sword) and another in ruins....how much drakes will i need and where to find more?

gameranand

Living to Play
Alistar is a tank so soaks up more damage and Sten is a damage dealer. You need atleast one tank for a balanced team.

Drakes are found in Urn of sacred ashes quest and also the high dragon. From drakes you get drake scale which are good for Rogue armor and dragon scale is good for warrior armor.

Keeping away Alistaire from team will result in disapproval. He is more importent.

Not true. In one of my gameplay I kept him away nearly for whole game but still got 100 approval.

Alok

Adventurer
^i put him in camp , meanwhile i went circle tower and completed. Also found her mother's amulet.
When i returned to camp. He was in anger. And i got -15.

gameranand

Living to Play
Thats why he was pissed off. Even if you do take him with you then also you'll get a large disapproval if you killed mother or son.

deepak8286

Broken In
what class of characters do u play with?

i play with 2 warriors and 2 mages......i didnt find rogues useful other than looting the chest

when the mages fight with the enemy nearer they switch on to melee weapons even though that option is not there in tactics.....i want the mages to run away and use their ranged weapon

Alok

Adventurer
^^Set this from tactic slots. Setting you have to use meelie is default setting change it, what you like.

Rouges are not mainsteam warrior but they are great for backstab , ranged weapons (bows) , traps making ,bombs etc . My first character was a Rouge.;-)

I played
2 warrior , 1 mage , one rouge.
And
2 rouge , 1 warrior ,1 mage.
And
2 mage , 1 warrior , one rouge.

gameranand

Living to Play
I usually play with 2 warriors (1 tank, 1 dps), 1 rogue for ranged attack and 1 mage for healing.
The main concept of this game is to control your entire squad so use pause for new tactics and retreat.

gameranand

Living to Play
Just loot that high dragon to get dragon scale and other goodies. There is just dragon scale required for that armor.

deepak8286

Broken In
sorry for the last post....i got drake skin ans dragon armor after slaying drakes and high dragon......went to wade and got superior drakeskin armor and superior dragonscale armor...............seems they are effective only against dragons?

another query where do i get max.runes ................is it only 5% cold, fire,electricty damage?

Alok

Adventurer
My fav. Rune combination.

Grandmaster Paralysis
Grandmaster Hale
Grandmaster Silverlight

And when wearing a heavy armor keep an eye on resulting fatigue.:-|

gameranand

Living to Play
You can buy runes from traders in game. Highest is the grandmaster rune. Drakescale armor is the best armor for rogue if you chose so.

Alok

Adventurer
1. Like you faced in Redcliff village at night. These may identified by zombie/skeleton/mummy shaped body.
OR JUST POINT YOU MOUSE ON THEM , it is written below their name. Guessing you didn't played Diablo 2.:-D

2. If not specified like above you mentioned (eg. +10 damage to Darkspawn) then these work on each and every creature with same impact.

Last edited:

deepak8286

Broken In
i believe fire damage is ineffective against demons, ash wraith and dragons

dragon age origins rocks....this is the first rpg i m playing...... once i completer this, how abt trying dragon age origins awakening and dragon age 2 ......is it worthwhile like the DAO?

tell abt skyrim any other similiar games

Top Bottom