Dragon Age: Origins

gameranand

Living to Play
Witcher is not similar to DA series at all. However its a great series overall. As for similar games play Neverwinter Nights series.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah that game is also similar but too old. NWN would be good but he'll miss DAO as NWN is nothing compared to DAO.

thejunglegod

Journeyman
KOTOR, Dragon Age Origins, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, NWN can all be clubbed together in one single category.
Also, these games will take away a lot of your time, so keep yourself free.

Morpheus

Broken In
Is DA:O Ultimate discontinued in India? I can't find it on any Indian web store including eBay under 1000 (while nextworld lists the price as 699). I already bought the game on Origin during sale but Origin won't download it due to some error. So I bought it again on Steam during summer sale but it shows the download size somewhere near 25GB which is not possible for me to download. :cry:

noob

Cyborg Agent
Is DA:O Ultimate discontinued in India? I can't find it on any Indian web store including eBay under 1000 (while nextworld lists the price as 699). I already bought the game on Origin during sale but Origin won't download it due to some error. So I bought it again on Steam during summer sale but it shows the download size somewhere near 25GB which is not possible for me to download. :cry:

I got it from Intencity.in last week..game looks dull to me :(

SKYRIM > DA:O

digitaltab

In the zone
it is available on origin store at 350inr till august 30

and is there any way to save the digital download in dvd so that it works in case of OS re-installation?? cuz i don't want to download it again and i do frequent system OS formats..

EDIT: I just spoke with the Origin technical support person, and he told me that no download is required on format/ re-install ation of OS. He told me to copy the game folder from origin in program files in c drive and paste it to some safe place, then again paste it back to origin folder after format/ re-installation of OS.

this might be helpful to those who don't know,

Morpheus

Broken In
I got it from Intencity.in last week..game looks dull to me :(

SKYRIM > DA:O

Did you buy the Ultimate edition? Its out of stock there too. I haven't played DA:O but what I have learned from reviews is that is it more of story based experience while Skyrim doesn't has that interesting storyline but a vast open world. I loved ME series and want to try DA:O made by Bioware.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you see DAO is not that good in terms of visuals as compared to Skyrim but the story, characters and gameplay are really awesome. Play it you won't regret.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Did you buy the Ultimate edition? Its out of stock there too. I haven't played DA:O but what I have learned from reviews is that is it more of story based experience while Skyrim doesn't has that interesting storyline but a vast open world. I loved ME series and want to try DA:O made by Bioware.

Yes. Ultimate edition.
I disliked the controls and game play....e.g if i attack anyone, i dont have control over how the attack is performed.
In skyrim, if i use bow , i can control it the way i want. I can shoot 1 arrow..hide..shoot another with ease. DA:O lacks the same.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can't compare this game with skyrim at all. Skyrim is more of lone wolf but DAO is more about squad control. How you use their combined powers for best effect.

Alok

Adventurer
Yes. Ultimate edition.
I disliked the controls and game play....e.g if i attack anyone, i dont have control over how the attack is performed.
In skyrim, if i use bow , i can control it the way i want. I can shoot 1 arrow..hide..shoot another with ease. DA:O lacks the same.

Hey you can't say a game bad just because it does not give same feeling of what you played before. Both games are totally different and best in their own

noob

Cyborg Agent
I am not saying that game is bad. I said i disliked it for the reasons mentioned in my posts. Peace :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah I know and its alright, still I am suggesting you to try this game again because once you get hold of party management and micro management then this game is really really awesome. Great storyline to say the least and your decesions have direct impact on the story.

Lord073

Journeyman
Yeah you can't really compare these two games coz they share no similarities whatsoever other than both being RPG's. For me DAO was much much more immersive than Skyrim and as much as I hate to say this but SKYRIM TOTALLY SUCKED (for me).

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I liked both games to my heart's content. Its just that when you are playing these two games then you must have different mind setups for both games.

Top Bottom