Dragon Age II

masterkd

Padawan
Re: Crysis 2 discussion

like crysis 2 beta, now dragon age 2 is also leaked..EA should do something to stop leaks!!

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It will. Choose different class/gender. Experiment with Dialogues. You will get plenty of replay value, even for a demo :p

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

like crysis 2 beta, now dragon age 2 is also leaked..EA should do something to stop leaks!!

TBH, They can't. Espcially if the third parties like Gamestop, Wallmart, FedEx are involved. These leaks before retail release can be tracked down to the employees of those.

Really???

It was out last night. For PS3, X360.

[offtopic]moved your posts from Crysis thread to DA2. Why discussing there? We have a separate thread for DA2. [/offtopic]

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi_krishna said:
moved your posts from Crysis thread to DA2. Why discussing there? We have a separate thread for DA2.
Sorry. So EA's game are being leaked on net before release and they can't do anything??? If thats it then what would be the point of release date.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ How exactly a leak comes out on net. Are hackers good enough or some employees of EAs are not honest to the company???

gameranand

Living to Play
ico said:
Courier guys like FedEx etc.
Oops. So why EA most of the time I mean first Crysis then Dragon Age. Yeah I heard about history and there are also many other games who suffered this like Prototype. So can't the publisher file a case against Courier companies. I mean they are the reason for a lot of loss for publisher Arn't they??? I think this should stop.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So can't the publisher file a case against Courier companies. I mean they are the reason for a lot of loss for publisher Arn't they??? I think this should stop.
Can they prove it?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^ How exactly a leak comes out on net. Are hackers good enough or some employees of EAs are not honest to the company???

It can be because of multiple reasons. Retail chains at some locations will receive the game days before the release. Some itchy guy might steal a copy and release it. Same is with Delivery guys. Actually most of the Clone DVD leaks will be from Russia. I don't know why.

Last edited:
Games are sometimes leaked by the publishers themselves in order to gain publicity.
Either that or retailer or courier guys do it.

And that i think should be the end of this piracy discussion, seriously. :-|

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I don't think that happened with Crysis 2 and DA 2 because they are already quite hyped games.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Damn it. I'm so excited.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Guys.. Guys.. please pick this game up. Bioware did the same thing that they did with ME2. Stripped down hardcore RPG features and tuned it a level of Hack n' Slash, whilst maintaining all the key features.

Ther performance is kind of disappointing. Seems HD 4890 is beginning to show it's age.

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Obviously. It is a DX11 game now. And, two High Quality Blur and Diffusion Depth in Field are disabled, Seems they are DX11 only. And 'Very High' Preset is disabled in the same way.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If it's even marginally leaning towards hack-en-slash, then I'm definitely getting it. Does it have co-op by any chance?

Besides, I just got my MX518. So this game would be perfect to test it out with. :grin:

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Big NO for co-op. And yes, despite the class you choose (warrior/Mage/Rogue) there is plenty of Hack N' Slashing to do. But It will not work like traditional hack and slash. Like Left click for strong attack, right click for light. Instead, there will be list of possible attacks. we have to just click the attack icon downside to pull that off. Just give it a go. They revamped the game a lot.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Okie Doke! I'll be done with Bulletstorm by tomorrow, so will give it a shot.