Who are you?

• Total voters

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its hard to win if u're queuing with a total newbie friend. You'll be the highest mmr with a bunch of clueless players while the enemy will all have similar mmr, way higher than the rest of your team. It's hard to 1v5 in such a scenario.
Seems you learnt this the hard way :D

Cruzy

Journeyman
I'm at around level 12 now.What advantages would I have if I play the ranked MMR matches instead of unranked ones?

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I'm at around level 12 now.What advantages would I have if I play the ranked MMR matches instead of unranked ones?

Don't play ranked as of now. Dota keeps track of your skill when you play unranked games too. If you start playing ranked and calibrate your MMR, your MMR will be very low as it will be based on your current skill. PLay some more unranked and get good, then try Ranked MMR.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Don't play ranked as of now. Dota keeps track of your skill when you play unranked games too. If you start playing ranked and calibrate your MMR, your MMR will be very low as it will be based on your current skill. PLay some more unranked and get good, then try Ranked MMR.
This. There's lot to lern and honestly level 12 isn't hard or doesn't take too long to get. Keep playing unranked and play ranked a few months from now when you truly have a better understanding of the game and meta.

Cruzy

Journeyman
That's true.But I would like to expand my current set of heroes with which I can play well.Could anyone help me with this?

Cruzy

Journeyman
This. There's lot to lern and honestly level 12 isn't hard or doesn't take too long to get. Keep playing unranked and play ranked a few months from now when you truly have a better understanding of the game and meta.
I used to play earlier(dota 1 and dota 2) but stopped playing when I was level 5 in dota 2 :-(

azvnoit

Journeyman
That's true.But I would like to expand my current set of heroes with which I can play well.Could anyone help me with this?

For new players, I think right clicking heroes are best to begin with. Sniper, Viper, Razor, Wraith King, Bristleback are easy right clickers. In my opinion. Also Sniper and viper are very versatile and some changes in their build can counter any line-up. Also I find Abaddon to also be very versatile, you can go for semi-support or carry or even make it into a core. But Abaddon might be bit overwhelming. Wraith King is better alternative (compared to Abaddon) for new players with passive crit and lifesteal, a stun and free aegis ultimate :)P). You can try right clickers to learn about game basics and later try heroes like Jakiro, Lich, Venomancer, Death Prophet, Troll Warlord, Tidehunter, Sven.
Then depends on what role you like pick supports like CM, Earthshaker, WD, Shaman, Pugna or carries like PA, Drow, Luna, AM, Gyrocopter.
Finally, you can try the tough ones like Invoker, Visage, Chen, Meepo, LoneDruid.
Keep your hero pool to 10-12 heroes which you can play well and that is enough. Eventually you'll have 30-50 heroes in your pool.
But try all heroes at least once at least in bot match.

Cruzy

Journeyman
For new players, I think right clicking heroes are best to begin with. Sniper, Viper, Razor, Wraith King, Bristleback are easy right clickers. In my opinion. Also Sniper and viper are very versatile and some changes in their build can counter any line-up. Also I find Abaddon to also be very versatile, you can go for semi-support or carry or even make it into a core. But Abaddon might be bit overwhelming. Wraith King is better alternative (compared to Abaddon) for new players with passive crit and lifesteal, a stun and free aegis ultimate :)P). You can try right clickers to learn about game basics and later try heroes like Jakiro, Lich, Venomancer, Death Prophet, Troll Warlord, Tidehunter, Sven.
Then depends on what role you like pick supports like CM, Earthshaker, WD, Shaman, Pugna or carries like PA, Drow, Luna, AM, Gyrocopter.
Finally, you can try the tough ones like Invoker, Visage, Chen, Meepo, LoneDruid.
Keep your hero pool to 10-12 heroes which you can play well and that is enough. Eventually you'll have 30-50 heroes in your pool.
But try all heroes at least once at least in bot match.
I can play right click heroes plus the carries u mentioned but I can't okay intelligence heroes very well.mainly if anyone us free over the weekend I could try a new hero with any one of u :)

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
How do you find out??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

go to steam profile>badges and then under dota click how do i earn more card drops, it will show how much u have spent since they started trading cards for dota , mine stands at $67 .. wasnt expecting that much and to think that i only got one rare for that entire amount T_T

only relief was when i googled and found people have spent like $4k and upwards.. man !

Cruzy

Journeyman
Quick question-is the following build correct for viper
Treads,vanguard,desolator,malestorm,shadow blade,yasha

I used this build yesterday and we won with a huge margin.

Piyush

Lanaya
Quick question-is the following build correct for viper
Treads,vanguard,desolator,malestorm,shadow blade,yasha

I used this build yesterday and we won with a huge margin.

Viper is a versatile hero. You can make him tanky thanks to his magic resistance passive OR you can make him hard hitter due to other passive skill.

[strike]Desolator is good situationally, but you have to make sure you arent using poison attack along with it. Switch it during auto attacks for both slow and -armor[/strike]
Almost all carry and tanky items good for viper, you just have to build by taking enemy heroes into consideration.

A tanky viper would make Treads Agha AC Heart Silver Edge Satanic(situational late game) etc etc
A dmg dealing viper will make Phaseboots Manta MKB Agha Silver Edge Mjollnir(very situational) MoonShard

Cruzy

Journeyman
Viper is a versatile hero. You can make him tanky thanks to his magic resistance passive OR you can make him hard hitter due to other passive skill.

Desolator is good situationally, but you have to make sure you arent using poison attack along with it. Switch it during auto attacks for both slow and -armor
Almost all carry and tanky items good for viper, you just have to build by taking enemy heroes into consideration.

A tanky viper would make Treads Agha AC Heart Silver Edge Satanic(situational late game) etc etc
A dmg dealing viper will make Phaseboots Manta MKB Agha Silver Edge Mjollnir(very situational) MoonShard
But desolator does stack with poison attack (first skill) right?That's why I started making it.

Top Bottom