Who are you?

• Total voters

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
He is going to open Valve's India branch. He says HL3 will be developed here.

That is amazing!
HL3 ? HERE? :wow:

dafuq. why you pretending to be innocent? You have been caught.

It must be a hangover from last night coz I cant remember anything. I even told TrickHunter that I'm gonna cherish that most awaited win (last match of ours yesterday) so I guess I did something pretty crazy :D

My reaction :blink: :huh?: :eeek: :grin:

Hahahahaha nice catch arjit! :p

gamer.geek

Broken In
@Bone I never know that ur IGN was ur fav hero's Dota 1 name. Just saw clinkz's original name and then got to know the secret behind ur nick. :D

I really like Dota1 hero names more than Dota2, For eg: Rylai for CM, Raidboss for lycan, magina for AM, lanaya for TA and many others.

DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats - Match 480377843

Any tips on how to actually win in this game and to get that last hits.. ?

Your PA was totally noob. He was thinking of goin for 2 butterfly. He might have seen that DotaCinema vid in which PA with 6 butterflies goes in enemy fountain and doesn't gets affected at all. Totally crap. As a matter of fact, void's chrono completely disables evasion, so it was completely waste. Anyways, among u and lina, 1 shd have gone for a veil of discord. It would have given u a hell lot of damage increase. That's all what I can say.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats - Match 480377843

Any tips on how to actually win in this game and to get that last hits.. ?

With Zeus, use your Q to get last hits. Also it will harass enemies. I don't know any tips to Win, else my Winrate would be 100% ;)

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
today i played just one game of D2 as es(earthshaker) ,first time playing him in D2, i had this weird problem like if you stun ,for eg the creeps ,they get stunned ,the animations follows the stun (of fissure)!!!..like there was a slight delay...even when i used blink it was so..es blinks to the spot but the blink animation was slightly delayed...
and i think i was playing in some us server ...pings were like 341 ms
the delay kinds messed up ma stuns..but won the game neverthless..the people were cool

on another note anyone here still plays dota 1 ..im more or less spending most of my time in garena..but the amount of hackers and self proclaimed pros are a turn off , still my **** laptop lets me play that only.. created a new id H4ppyn3ko so if anyone is playing that add me..:)
ad
ALso does anyone have any list of must watch dota videos..on youtube..?
like matches or gameplay from players..etc..
i plan to get hold of some merlini videos
and navi..anyone got some suggestions..i dont watch the pro scene much ...but if some ardent followers can help
i feel like my dota gameplay has been stuck for a while :/ need to improve it a bit

ThinkNoDigit

A Skill Full Finisher
today i played just one game of D2 as es(earthshaker) ,first time playing him in D2, i had this weird problem like if you stun ,for eg the creeps ,they get stunned ,the animations follows the stun (of fissure)!!!..like there was a slight delay...even when i used blink it was so..es blinks to the spot but the blink animation was slightly delayed...
and i think i was playing in some us server ...pings were like 341 ms
the delay kinds messed up ma stuns..but won the game neverthless..the people were cool

on another note anyone here still plays dota 1 ..im more or less spending most of my time in garena..but the amount of hackers and self proclaimed pros are a turn off , still my **** laptop lets me play that only.. created a new id H4ppyn3ko so if anyone is playing that add me..:)
ad
ALso does anyone have any list of must watch dota videos..on youtube..?
like matches or gameplay from players..etc..
i plan to get hold of some merlini videos
and navi..anyone got some suggestions..i dont watch the pro scene much ...but if some ardent followers can help
i feel like my dota gameplay has been stuck for a while :/ need to improve it a bit

Some good games listed here : competitive - DotA2
Whats your steam ID ? I wanna play original doto, can u guide me through installation and requirements ? that playdoto.com looks like rocket science to me.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Whats your steam ID ? I wanna play original doto, can u guide me through installation and requirements ? that playdoto.com looks like rocket science to me.

Once I installed Dota 1 after playing Dota 2. It seems tougher than Dota 2, Last Hit is difficult. Some heroes can't be differentiated from creeps. like clinkz, naix etc. Also the spell abilities are not QWER, they are different for different heroes. (A-Z) . Courier u have to control manually. etc..

Damn I uninstalled the next day.

Anyway if you still want to play, Download and install Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne from .... Then download Dota's latest version maps. Also if you want to play with bots, you need to download maps which have AI written.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman

Why do you write doto?
Anyways, to play dota 1 :
1)you must have warcraft frozen throne installed,which in turn requires warcraft reign of chaos!
So you must buy the expansion set of warcraft 3.(costs around 800rs)

2)After installing wc3 and wc3 FT make sure that you have the latest patch/version.If not then change the version by downloading warcraft version changer utility.

3) Install garena client on your pc,make an id ,register,you know the drill.

4)Download the latest dota map (6.67b i guess) and paste it in the maps folder.

5)Start warcraft through Garena.

6)Click on Lan,you will see various servers,join one,wait till 10 players arrive,wait for the host to start,enjoy!

But let me tell you,after playing dota 2 you will not like dota 1, because :
1)It is harder,for eg, you have 6-7 shops ,you have to check the item in each shop for making a greater item,that means you have to remeber almost 100 items and in which shop you can buy them.Also their is no "qwert" you have to download utilities for macroing etc.

2)Players dc more often,and their are a million ways to ruin a game.There is no Ban,or lpp or anything like that.

3)You will often find yourself playing with noobs no matter what your level.

4)Unstable servers!

Overall you will never play dota 1 if you have dota 2 in your pc (until and unless it is upgrading,thats when i used to play dota 1 :p )

BUT
Let me tell you WARCRAFT IS THE BEST RTS EVER,
That game is amazing!You cannot call yourself a gamer unless you play warcraft rc and ft! I mean you can control 20 naix,10 pudge,10 weavers,10 ods ,if you choose the undead,similarly 10 puck,10 windrunner etc if you chose elf and so on!

But i dont recommend spending money and time for dota 1 unless ofcourse you want to try new heroes!but that is it,and dota 1 heroes are gradually coming to dota 2,so no sense in dota 1!

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^Shop mechanics are same in Dota1 and 2.

And no need to spend money on this game, you dont need the original version to play on garena.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Dota was/is a custom map of Warcraft 3 ..the frozen throne..so you need to get a copy of WC3TFT..and a gaming client ..(like RGC,GARENA, there used to be someothers dont know if they still exist ) well in most gaming clients like
garena and RGC etc you dont need the original game..so find a copy from somewhere..like your friend etc..:p
its a pretty old game..imo
the latest map is indeed 6.79e you can get it from getdota.com
download it and copy it to the maps folder in your WC3 installation
i havent had any issues with random crashes w.r.t WC3 but the reconnection issue is down to client ...there is no way you can reconnect in garena so if you lost your connection for like more than 30 seconds you are done...but i think its possible in RGC

regarding the animation and all..i find it more comfortable with DOta than D2..sometimes i find the animations in D2 confusing..im still getting adjusted to D2, as i have just about played around 80 games..
whereas in Dota the models are larger and in team ganks..its pretty much clear whats happening..not so much in D2(for me atleast)...there was once a game i was playing riki...and in a gank i was like where the heck is he >_<

the shop system is a bit different in Dota ,there you need to know about the recipes in detal for items as you have to manually click and buy and assemble them ..unlike in D2 where if you have the money you can simply click the final item and buy it..
and items are also arranged in a different manner..like all the orbs with one vendor...armour with another etc..

rest of the game mechanics and features are same as DOta 2..they are on par...some heroes are still dota exclusive but they will be ported sooon

regarding the keys, get a key remapper like warkeys or dotakeys or shandota keys etc..
you can find links for them in Game utilities section in playdota...using legacy keys is hard ,i dont even do it >_<

but my advice is if you are beginner..and if you have a computer and net connection that support playing in D2 stick to it..
Dota has the one of the worst community possible and its same through out the world..
im not a native hindi speaker ..but i pretty much learned all the abuse words in hindi >_< from the Indian rooms in garena..
i think its easier to learn better yourself in D2 than Dota..

MY steam id is l30ric ...but i barely play D2 like may be a weekend or two in a month..as im able to play it only with my PC at my home and im not home always

thanks for the link

Top Bottom