Who are you?

• Total voters

ydalmia

Broken In
Compared to LoL , DOTA is more hardcore. LoL players will take time to adjust to DOTA but a totally new player might be scared off outright by DOTA.

Personally, I prefer LoL due to it's different gameplay mechanics. A lot of people reject LoL on the basis of graphics alone which is sad.

I do play Dota 2 from time to time , its always good to have a slightly different experience from LoL.

What is the intimidating part? I can see that some heroes in DOTA would be hard to master. Are the strategies/gameplay involved vastly different?

And also, it would be awesome if someone can throw an invite my way so I can check the game out myself!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Sure, but I am out of invites at the moment. Had 7 a couple of weeks back. There is nothing intimidating about Dota, if you go along a proper learning curve. If you still want to try it out, you can play the Dota on Warcraft via Garena/Battle.net.
Posted via Mobile Device

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
i got an invite ...i just got lucky..! though i wont be plying much as of now..i will add you guyz

my id is l30ric btw

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
i played.but unlike dota things arent that clear..i should get used to it may be..and my bsnl broadband and old pc wasnt helping either .i need some time to get used to it..need tweak stuff etc...sadly i have to return to my well study place...where i can play gah..!!!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Only defeats today. Tried practicing Phantom Lancer today whole day, still got beaten. I am a little rusty with that last hitting creeps.
Posted via Mobile Device

doomgiver

Warframe
Have you tried Shadow Shaman? He's a good pusher.

actually, he is a support type, and a damn good one (i'd like to know how he would be a pusher :/ ) . now compare him to pit lord with a battlefury. no competition

oh yeah, learnt a a new trick yesterday
you can makeparties of 5 ppl, and compete aainst other parties.

lets make a party today, 5 tdf members. i can play a bit over the weekend.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I knew it for sometime, but never found everyone online at once. Lets decide the time and meet up, how about 10pm?

Encountered a Omniknight/Viper combo yesterday. Breaking them is pretty tough. Any ideas?

doomgiver

Warframe
I knew it for sometime, but never found everyone online at once. Lets decide the time and meet up, how about 10pm?

Encountered a Omniknight/Viper combo yesterday. Breaking them is pretty tough. Any ideas?

try viper, veno and sniper on one team. along with windrunner and that bear guy (forget his name, syllabear or something)

this is why i hate allpick. SD or RD is much better. i prefer SD. in allpick, just choose a rapist carry, like sniper, drow, or viper. its gg for the other team.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
All come on Steam. Me and Doom playing now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Today's match featuring Doomgiver.
*i.imgur.com/LUKWY.jpg

...and later one of the longest matches I played so far:
*i.imgur.com/r79Px.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

doomgiver

Warframe
DM, i have a tip : dont try to kill the other guy in the beginning, unless he is far away from tower, and is at less than 1/2 hp.

also, axe is better built without battle hunger, if there are no stun/slow heroes around
hunger is best used in 2vs2 lane, when you have a powerful lance control hero with you, like zeus, or veno, or viper.
also, use BH just as the creep wave ends, so that he will take damage till the new wave comes.

for 1v1 lane axe, i'd do one level of dbl helix, the 1st power and BH, with preference to 1st power(its your only "stun/disable", keep it handy)
just have a tango and 2 poor man shields on hand. (upgrade to vanguard and sell them later)

if you think you can harass better with BH, be my guest, but please do have a shield or two at hand, it blocks most of the damage by creeps, and allows the counter helix to proc more often.

in that broodmother game, ****ing failtel got DC'd 2 times. and even tho my pings were ~100, i was getting stuttering, and lag spikes of 1-2 seconds. sorry for those games, i couldnt play them.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the tips. I like to play aggressive and get so focussed that I forget about self preservation sometimes. Suicidal tendencies :p.

Don't be sorry for that other game. Connections can be a bi*ch sometimes, even I was getting pings of 900-1000 today. We'll play when it gets better (or after your exams).

doomgiver

Warframe
i've almost given up on first bloods, waaay too risky.
i'd rather underlevel that guy by last hitting and denying than trying to get a kill.

^^ aaaah!!! fresh meaaat!!!!
gotta play pudge once more.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Tried Invoker the other day. Took sometime getting used to, but he's got some cool powers. My favorite so far is Cold Snap.

Top Bottom