Who are you?

• Total voters

Piyush

Lanaya
Lost 7 matches in a row
And that too with the heroes I'm comfortable with, viz. Silencer, Zeus, Dark Seer, Faceless Void, etc.
Don't know wtf is happening to me

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Lost 7 matches in a row
And that too with the heroes I'm comfortable with, viz. Silencer, Zeus, etc.

Same with me.. gg lags. Though my pings are good, but i am getting disconnection for 2-3 secs. every now and then, but at 8th match we won due to our team mates. and I was afk farming with lone druid :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It means that it is high time to take a break from Dota. Happened with me too. Too much dota can mess up your efficiency.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Lost 7 matches in a row
And that too with the heroes I'm comfortable with, viz. Silencer, Zeus, Dark Seer, Faceless Void, etc.

pick heros depending on opponent or the heros which are initiator like tusk, axe, centaur,magnus etc.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
One of the best KOTL guides I've ever read :

Excerpt:
Keeper of the Light is a massive faggot of a hero whose job it is to eliminate fun. Being a support hero, he requires no items whatsoever to kill you to death over and over again without remorse or pity and he possesses the power of Illuminate, which he can use to farm any item he could ever want. Unless you get one of those Russian KOTLs who max Illuminate first and steal every last hit possible, you will be glad to know that a KOTL on your team ensures that you have all the fun and the enemy has none whatsoever.

KOTL goes well with any team unless the enemy team has nyxnyxnyxnyxnyx or you have no stuns or crowd control of any description. This guide assumes you have a basic understanding of game mechanics and terminology.

Skills (of which you have none)
Illuminate
Referred to the wave of death here on after, this is KOTL's primary way of being an *******. It fires a massive wave of death in the direction you clicked on, doing lods of edamage and pissing off everyone who isn't you. The damage is based upon how long you channel the spell, with every 1 second equating to 100 damage, resulting in a maximum 200/300/400/500 damage.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT JUST SIT THERE IN LANE AND SPAM IT, ESPECIALLY WHEN LANING WITH SOMEONE LIKE VOID OR PA. NOT ONLY WILL YOU HAVE NO MANAS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, BUT YOU WILL ALSO DEPRIVE YOUR LANEMATE OF FARM, BECAUSE IT'S A BIT DIFFICULT TO LAST HIT WHEN THE CREEPS ARE BEING SUBJECTED TO SEVEN THOUSAND HIROSHIMAS EVERY 10 SECONDS.

Mana Leak
This is basically Buttseeker's Ult except it drains Manas. For the uninformed, this spell results in enemy heroes losing mana as they move. This massively ****s over people who rely upon going fast, like Weaver and Night Stalker, and also people with low mana pools. Do not underestimate the power of this skill! The stun is not terrible, but it relies upon people losing all their respective manas. It is better to cast this on dumb strength heroes rather than smart intelligence heroes.

Chakra Magic
A single target spell that gives people Mana. You can cast it on yourself, but you get less Mana from it as the cost for using this spell is taken into account. This spell is brilliant if you're laning with someone with a nasty stun/nuke but with low intelligence like Sven, so you can give him all the mana he needs to spam it. Many manas to give to hardworking proletariat class to make powerful strong glory team!

Spirit Form
GLORIOUSH INCANDESHENSH

This is your ult, and it's why you have six skills. Using the Ult gives you access to two additional abilities (Blinding Light and Recall) and whenever you fire a wave of death at people a seperate spirit channels it so you don't have to sit there like a twat channeling yourself. Blinding Light produces a flash of light that knocks enemies back and makes them miss their attacks for a few seconds. Obviously use this in a teamfight or to save someone's skin if they're being chased, as the knockback could make the difference between life and death. Try not to knock people out of the way of unreliable stuns like Leshrac's or Mirana's, lest you experience an angry outburst of cyrillic characters. Recall is a bit like Chen's Test of Faith, except it isn't because it teleports people to you instead of the fountain and it is disabled if they take damage.

Steam Community :: Guide :: How to be an annoying piece of **** and play KOTL of the Light

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Dota 2 - The Origin, a short movie(Must watch for all the Dota 2 lovers)

Dota 2 - The Origin - YouTube

I really like the part where Bounty Hunter back-stab Witch Doctor. <3 :wub:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Had a Amazing match today
I played sven
There was a person in my team who played SLARK - He had a score of 35 kills to 3 deaths- he had 2 divine reapers

rock2702

Padawan
Had a Amazing match today
I played sven
There was a person in my team who played SLARK - He had a score of 35 kills to 3 deaths- he had 2 divine reapers

Slark is an op hero.My personal best with slark is 36 kills, my friend in a game had 60 kills with slark. :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Actually that guy became strong Cos of KS my kills
I stuned lion went to kill it he killed it, then when i did the same to lich he did it again and it go on and on :|

Piyush

Lanaya
@akshay
Watch some pro matches. You'll be surprised to see how they play. I'm telling you this because I used to think the same way you must be thinking now (that why I didnt get to kill those guys even if I was doing a lot for them). There are various roles of heroes in DOTA which I learned only a month back.
Sven is a support/lane support hero, whose job is to make his allies help dominating. Its even true that Sven can lead an assault too, his Ulti along with cleave can do some devastating damage to a whole team stacked together.

So. I'd recommend you to first search youtube for "Dotacinema / XVRougue: Dota2 hero roles, abilities, damage types, jungling".
After that search some pro matches for the teams like: Na 'vi, IG, eHome, EG, etc.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Getting a bit used to SVEN now
So what core items do I need to get to make him killer
MOM+that red blade(forgot its name) and?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Getting a bit used to SVEN now
So what core items do I need to get to make him killer
MOM+that red blade(forgot its name) and?

:rofl::rofl:

Man dont play blindly, read each of the items/spell description, Understand what a item does, and what will be synergy with the hero. I guess the red blade is Crystalis. it does critical strike, chances are 15-20%(forgot).MOM,crit and arcane boots is enough for him i think. Dont forget to activate MoM, under ulti.

Top Bottom