DOS Command Disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Can certain DOS commands be disabled for a user or a particular group of users on a XP / win2000 OS ?

Remember.....I didn't ask to disable the Command Prompt..
Just disabling some commands is all I need !

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
well i don't know if it is possible but if in external commands if u del the file related to these commands then the command will not work
note that it is only possible in external commands
as far as i know
the files to external commands r located in
X:\WINDOWS\system32

with the same name as of the command.
to disable it just move it to another location......
after moving if u run these commands then dos will say it not an recognized command that't it............

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
But then.......
I'll have to use the machine as well andthat means that whenever I have to use DOS commands, I'll have to do a copy paste and when I'm done, I'll have to delete the files again !!!

VERY tedious solution !
I am sure that a better one exists.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Could this be what you are looking for? *democity.drn.digitalriver.com/product.php[id]4203[SiteID]democity - I havent tried it but it seems to fit the bill...

Arun

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Sort of OKAY.......
But it is a software and i don't want to use a software for the purpose...
There has to be a workaround for doing it manually !

nope, i know about these already, the ones im talking about start with &. they make dos work like a programming language really, to make loops etc.

put those stuff in a batch file and your proggie is ready. pity they were not documented...

if you are a programmer, looks like you've gotta do it the hard way-debug cmd.exe and nop the jump instructions for all the commands you want

it wont be easy, but thats a very plausible solution

i believe this can be done only by patching cmd.exe, and so that software mentioned earlier would onl affect one particular version of windows

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
@kin.vachhani

The idea sounds EXTREMELY crazy !
How can even figure that out ???

If it really happens.......I'll be a great FAN (ceiling fan)of yours !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom