Does India need a revolution?

Revolution or not?

• Yes, we desperately need a revolution that gets us rid of this stupid democratic government.

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • No, I'm happy with the things as they are.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Cannot say. I don't vote.

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasghark

who? what?
Yamaraj said:
There are millions of illeterates in this country simply because our governments want them to be that way.
no, thats not true.

Yamaraj said:
Literacy would end caste-religion politics, which is exactly what our great politicians are afraid of.
like some people in this forum have demonstrated, literacy doesn't always help.

Yamaraj said:
You can see that our governments haven't changed a bit even after our "independence".
you're wrong again.

Yamaraj said:
Your statements contradict each other, negating everything you said.
no they don't. ever heard of sarcasm?

Yamaraj said:
According to you, it's fair to execute people in "democratic" J&K and NE without giving them a chance of a fair judicial trial.
absolutely not. how on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Yamaraj said:
Besides, it appears that you are not very well read...
i've said it before and i'll say it again. not everything you read is true. are you aware that interest and lobby groups exist?

Yamaraj said:
Mercy killing a dying suicidal peasant is a hundred times better than letting him die slowly of hunger, and not doing anything about it. Which is exactly what our governments have been doing - nothing.
i strongly disagree. when you can't help him, at least don't kill him.

Yamaraj said:
It was displayed because most people here are ignorant of the Chinese development, which is mostly because of our media and government.
lol. most readers here i'm sure are discerning, they're cognizant.

Yamaraj said:
But there isn't much on news channels except for politics, cricket, bollywood and other equally laughable contents.
i think cricket is not 'laughable'.

Yamaraj said:
Economic development is often inversely proportional to ethics, moralily and a sane behaviour...
...as often as its not.

Yamaraj said:
I despise those who think a nation should be governed like a business.
i think it might actually be successful when run like a business, provided the business does no evil (think google).

Yamaraj said:
People, who are mesmerized by the materialistic development of countries like US or Japan, often tend to ignore the declining moral, ethical and social values.
that might hold good (to an extent) for the usa, but i'd dispute its the same in japan.

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
karnivore said:
Learn to spell the correct name.

karnivore said:
Please name another.
If you cared to read this thread from the beginning, you would've known.

karnivore said:
Man i do not know what to say to this. It is difficult to reason with an unreasonable mind.
You accept all the shortcomings and fallacies of Indian democracy, but refuse to change still. Who's being obtuse and stubborn?

karnivore said:
Yes it can be done after a period of 5 yrs. In case of dictatorship, NEVER.
No. Five years later, another bunch of losers enters the parliament.

karnivore said:
Man, this is sick. If u have to get an idea of something you must have a basis. China, Vietnam and Cuba give us that. Any revolution in India will of course be of the scale, size and contours of India, provided it happens. Till then how do you propose to get a measure of what to expect.
You're stuck with communism. Get a life!

karnivore said:
Get your facts right first. What followed French Revolution is termed by historians as "The Reign of Terror". American revolution was against foreign oppressors, not against their own men. Revolution of 1857, is something which is still open to long debates.
If executing corrupt and traitors is labelled as "Reign of Terror", I have no problem with one. Many Americans also fought along side their British masters in American revolution, not unlike our own.

karnivore said:
Yet all these people flourished under democracy and virtually no one wanted their own democracies to turn into dictatorships.
I can't say for sure whether they would've preferred another system, for I never had a chance to talk to any. But I'm sure they knew more about democracy that you do. Otherwise, they wouldn't have commented to look like fools later on.

karnivore said:
Read "The State and Revolution" by V.I.Lenin. This will tell u whys, whens and whats of revolution. First digest this book, i will keep recommending u other books from time to time.
Lenin didn't invent revolution.

-------------

aliasghark said:
no, thats not true.
What makes you think so?

aliasghark said:
like some people in this forum have demonstrated, literacy doesn't always help.
You're being too harsh on yourself.

aliasghark said:
you're wrong again.
You're wasting your keystrokes. Either state a valid reason or keep it to yourself.

You purposely ignored the context.

aliasghark said:
no they don't. ever heard of sarcasm?
There is nothing sarcastic in being stupid. Read that part of your post again. Here's what you wrote about the police and army executing people in India, and the same in China:
how do you know the people who were executed weren't punished fairly? newspapers told you so? not everything you read is true, you should have known better.

sure, they must've been corrupt because china executed them. and when it happens in india, its so unjust. "it was done for money and medals"

aliasghark said:
absolutely not. how on earth did you come to that conclusion?
See above.

aliasghark said:
i've said it before and i'll say it again. not everything you read is true. are you aware that interest and lobby groups exist?
Not everything you read is true either. I form my own opinions, and surely not based on television.

aliasghark said:
i strongly disagree. when you can't help him, at least don't kill him.
Tell that to your government. They killed thousands this way.

aliasghark said:
lol. most readers here i'm sure are discerning, they're cognizant.
I concur!

aliasghark said:
i think cricket is not 'laughable'.
It is.

aliasghark said:
...as often as its not.
At least pretend to look concerned.

aliasghark said:
i think it might actually be successful when run like a business, provided the business does no evil (think google).
How about running a family like a business?

aliasghark said:
that might hold good (to an extent) for the usa, but i'd dispute its the same in japan.
You're being ignorant.

Last edited:

karnivore

in your face..
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnivore
Please name another.

If you cared to read this thread from the beginning, you would've known.

I have read the entire thread and the only alternative that u could come up with is a dictatorial regime. So far, the world is yet to see a dictator that is not a tyrant. And please elaborate with historically correct examples, how dictatorship is better than democracy.

Quote:
Man, this is sick. If u have to get an idea of something you must have a basis. China, Vietnam and Cuba give us that. Any revolution in India will of course be of the scale, size and contours of India, provided it happens. Till then how do you propose to get a measure of what to expect.

You're stuck with communism. Get a life!

Once again your hollowness is evident. You r talking of revolution but don't want to look at the communist revolutions. Today u r talking of revolution, because the communists are the only ones who carried out revolution with success. Although, post revolution, communist history is of only terror and everything that goes with it. The point is that u can't afford to overlook these events and still talk revolution.

Quote:
Get your facts right first. What followed French Revolution is termed by historians as "The Reign of Terror". American revolution was against foreign oppressors, not against their own men. Revolution of 1857, is something which is still open to long debates.

If executing corrupt and traitors is labelled as "Reign of Terror", I have no problem with one. Many Americans also fought along side their British masters in American revolution, not unlike our own.

First read about "Reign of Terror" and then make comments. And please not the wiki. Grab a book.

Quote:
Yet all these people flourished under democracy and virtually no one wanted their own democracies to turn into dictatorships.

I can't say for sure whether they would've preferred another system, for I never had a chance to talk to any. But I'm sure they knew more about democracy that you do. Otherwise, they wouldn't have commented to look like fools later on.

For that u would have to read these men and not depend on wikipedia. I wonder how much of Shaw u have really read. Besides, these quotes have been ripped completely out of context and hence completely misleading. And one more thing. Please don't make quotes that suite u and ingnore those that contradicts. Chulrchill for one, was a shameless lackey of the manarchy, the man had a gut wrenching contempt for Indians and Indian freedom struggle.

Quote:
Read "The State and Revolution" by V.I.Lenin. This will tell u whys, whens and whats of revolution. First digest this book, i will keep recommending u other books from time to time.

Lenin didn't invent revolution.

Of course not. Its just that he showed the world how organise one. Once again hollowness in display.

mediator

Technomancer
karnivore said:
U already showed ur ignorance and how much of ur opinion is based on the thoughts of others. I request u to have some independent thinking and some social outlook instead of telling how brainwashed u r by a particular book! I hope u understand independent thinking is the first step towards a civilised society,democracy and being a good citizen!!

I told u to say some words and here u r telling me to read some book? I didn't expect a professor who already read a book to be speechless already!

karnivore said:
I was waiting for this. Name one historian, one reference, one source that says Gandhi's non-violent movement was a "Revolution". Man ignorance, can really be bliss.
It seems google isn't ur best friend!!
*www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=r3p&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=revolution+by+gandhi&spell=1
*www.vov.com/leaders/gandhi.html
*falcon.jmu.edu/~omearawm/ph101gandhi.html
*www.amazon.com/Gandhi-Voice-New-Age-Revolution/dp/0826406203
*www.peaceworkmagazine.org/node/236
*www.lifepositive.com/Spirit/masters/mahatma-gandhi/dandi-march.asp
Mahatma Gandhi's Nonviolent Revolution

"Gandhi continues what the Buddha began.
In the Buddha the spirit of love set itself the task
of creating different spiritual conditions in the world;
in Gandhi it undertakes to transform all worldly conditions."
Albert Schweitzer

"Nonviolence is the law of our species
as violence is the law of the brute.
The spirit lies dormant in the brute,
and he knows no law but that of physical might.
The dignity of man requires obedience to a higher law -
to the strength of the spirit."
Mahatma Gandhi

"If man will only realize
that it is unmanly to obey laws that are unjust,
no man's tyranny will enslave him."
Mahatma Gandhi

"There can be no inward peace without true knowledge."
Mahatma Gandhi

"Science of war leads one to dictatorship pure and simple.
Science of nonviolence can alone lead one to pure democracy."
Mahatma Gandhi

"For self-defense, I would restore the spiritual culture.
The best and most lasting self-defense is self-purification."
Mahatma Gandhi
Later in 1906, however, Gandhi began his peaceful revolution. He declared he would go to jail or even die before obeying an anti-Asian law. Thousands of Indians joined him in this civil disobedience campaign. He was imprisoned twice. Yet in World War I he again organized an ambulance corps for the British before returning home to India in 1914
The Salt March gave the world the idea of mass nonviolence in politics. It was also a living sermon to the country, which was heard by many and changed many. That sermon speaks to us just as loudly in the new millennium. The revolution that Gandhi sought to achieve was not merely political. It was also social.
karnivore said:
I was waiting for this
For some enlightenment or some mockery?...take ur pic!

karnivore said:
Precisely my point. We depend heavily on agriculture, which is a hindrance to growth. We still depend on climate for a good produce, and the year in which we have good monsoon, we have good produce and hence a healthy GDP growth rate. This is anything but a matter of pride.
And that is precisely my point that it doesn't mean we stop caring about farmers, ignore the issue and hit the axe on our own foot! And growth doesn't necessarily means high rise buildings etc as explained by another member here!
Why not implement 2 family norm? That wud help decrease the population and hence consumption of resources, rising of the prices, a stability in demand and supply, poverty, illiteracy, crime etc!
Y not setup good educational institutions in rural areas, setup uf factories, RnDs there?....that wud stop rural people coming to urban areas in large numbers and then creating tensions like lack of living space, overload of buses,metros, traffic load etc.

karnivore said:
That, again, is my point. If u have to involve military in every law and order problem, it means your police is not well equipped.
That, again, is my point. If u think police is not well equipped, then y not train them? Y not make them excercise like they do in China,US and make the crime profile a lot better in India? But I don't think the police isn't well equipped. Its all about corruption and we all have experienced that in policemen at some stage or another! Army is so wonderfully equipped, but then what cud be done if an army officer gets bribed by Let men and those men r cleared!
And I assure u I have armymen in my joint family too!

karnivore said:
Beslan, and situations like that are unique ones which require special tactics. Thats why US has SWATs who are the civil version of their military commandos. Thats why we have NSGs. This relieves the military of lot of pressure. I am sure u don't have an army man in your family to consult. Just talk to one of them and u will realize, how the army hate to do the police job. Its simply not their job.
And so I'm sure u don't read articles in newspapers regularly about how well trained, heavily equipped armymen get bribed and Let men r cleared off! So U may consult ur army man in ur family and get some enlightenment this time!!

karnivore

in your face..
Quote:
Yes it can be done after a period of 5 yrs. In case of dictatorship, NEVER.

No. Five years later, another bunch of losers enters the parliament.

Once again u proved, rationale is a concept lost on many. The point i was trying to make was that, democracy gives u the opportunity to rectify your mistake. Dictatorship does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird.117
Also iam not talking about a miltary rule at all. Only the indian military can remove the present government no civilians can do it. The politican of india will not listen to them(unarmed people).

This is exactly what we've been talking about. But the India-is-oh-so-perfect lobby doesn't want to read or understand anything.

You are one messed up confused dude. Take a look at your earlier post.

By "revolution", I do not necessarily mean an armed and violent uprising against all.

First u say u don't want violent uprising and then u say military rule is all that u want. How do u expect military to seize power. Simply walk into the Parliament and claim power. SEEESH.
There's a limit to stupidity.

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
karnivore said:
I have read the entire thread and the only alternative that u could come up with is a dictatorial regime. So far, the world is yet to see a dictator that is not a tyrant. And please elaborate with historically correct examples, how dictatorship is better than democracy.
Your rheoterics are starting to get annoying. And you didn't read my posts, or even where Mediator quoted me.

karnivore said:
Once again your hollowness is evident. You r talking of revolution but don't want to look at the communist revolutions. Today u r talking of revolution, because the communists are the only ones who carried out revolution with success. Although, post revolution, communist history is of only terror and everything that goes with it. The point is that u can't afford to overlook these events and still talk revolution.
Your knowledge of history goes only as far as a few hundred years back. I can't blame you.

karnivore said:
First read about "Reign of Terror" and then make comments. And please not the wiki. Grab a book.
I'm not one of those illeterates, and I've studied the French Revolution.

karnivore said:
For that u would have to read these men and not depend on wikipedia. I wonder how much of Shaw u have really read. Besides, these quotes have been ripped completely out of context and hence completely misleading. And one more thing. Please don't make quotes that suite u and ingnore those that contradicts. Chulrchill for one, was a shameless lackey of the manarchy, the man had a gut wrenching contempt for Indians and Indian freedom struggle.
Shaw is probably turning in his grave from watching all his fans writing 'u' and 'r' all the time. I know Churchill was a ba$tard, but the quotes were only meant to be a suitable reply to another, if you cared enough to notice.

karnivore said:
Of course not. Its just that he showed the world how organise one. Once again hollowness in display.
Ever heard of Julius Caesar? He freed Rome of corrupt politicians and still didn't turn into a blood thirsty dictator. And those were some evil politicians who assassinated him right inside his senate. Politicians have always been the same - evil, greedy, corrupt and insane.

Putin is another example.

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

karnivore said:
You are one messed up confused dude. Take a look at your earlier post.
Yea right. You are the one who is confused. Take a clear look what i meant to said.

karnivore

in your face..
Quote:

U already showed ur ignorance and how much of ur opinion is based on the thoughts of others. I request u to have some independent thinking and some social outlook instead of telling how brainwashed u r by a particular book! I hope u understand independent thinking is the first step to wards a civilised society,democracy and being a good citizen!!

I told u to say some words and here u r telling me to read some book? I didn't expect a professor who already read a book to be speechless already!

What can u expect from a generation that depends on Wiki and Google to learn. U guys r happy with a truncated view of everything.

It seems google isn't ur best friend!!
*www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&hs=r3p&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=resul t&cd=1&q=revolution+by+gandhi&spell=1
*www.vov.com/leaders/gandhi.html
*falcon.jmu.edu/~omearawm/ph101gandhi.html
*www.amazon.com/Gandhi-Voice-N.../dp/0826406203
*www.peaceworkmagazine.org/node/236
*www.lifepositive.com/Spirit/m...andi-march.asp

Quote:
Mahatma Gandhi's Nonviolent Revolution

"Gandhi continues what the Buddha began.
In the Buddha the spirit of love set itself the task
of creating different spiritual conditions in the world;
in Gandhi it undertakes to transform all worldly conditions."
Albert Schweitzer

"Nonviolence is the law of our species
as violence is the law of the brute.
The spirit lies dormant in the brute,
and he knows no law but that of physical might.
The dignity of man requires obedience to a higher law -
to the strength of the spirit."
Mahatma Gandhi

"If man will only realize
that it is unmanly to obey laws that are unjust,
no man's tyranny will enslave him."
Mahatma Gandhi

"There can be no inward peace without true knowledge."
Mahatma Gandhi

"Science of war leads one to dictatorship pure and simple.
Science of nonviolence can alone lead one to pure democracy."
Mahatma Gandhi

"For self-defense, I would restore the spiritual culture.
The best and most lasting self-defense is self-purification."
Mahatma Gandhi
So what do u do find about the "revolution" of Gandhi. U google. No doubt u come up with articles like that. U can certainly do better than that. "Revolution" is used as a symbol for a "mass movement", as "change", as an "appeal". Indeed, the concept of non-violence was a "revolution", in a world that was torn apart by wars and violence. But to conclude "Indian Freedom Struggle" as a revolution is just too much. Have u ever heard of anybody referring to "Indian Revolution" except for the events of 1857. Notice carefully, even that event was an act of violence. U should Gandhi's life written by Raja Gopalacharya, and, probably then u will realise what i mean. And certain other things that u will learn will probably shock u. Take for example, Gandhi's decision to cooperate with the British during WW-II.
U just can't have a "revolution" without violence. The basic concept of revolution is forcefully overthrowing a regime. How can one do that without bloodshed.
Quote:
Precisely my point. We depend heavily on agriculture, which is a hindrance to growth. We still depend on climate for a good produce, and the year in which we have good monsoon, we have good produce and hence a healthy GDP growth rate. This is anything but a matter of pride.

And that is precisely my point that it doesn't mean we stop caring about farmers, ignore the issue and hit the axe on our own foot! And growth doesn't necessarily means high rise buildings etc as explained by another member here!
Why not implement 2 family norm? That wud help decrease the population and hence consumption of resources, rising of the prices, a stability in demand and supply, poverty, illiteracy, crime etc!
Y not setup good educational institutions in rural areas, setup uf factories, RnDs there?....that wud stop rural people coming to urban areas in large numbers and then creating tensions like lack of living space, overload of buses,metros, traffic load etc.
U sound so much like the Chinese. A villager would need a working permission to enter the cities in their own country.
Yes i want farmers not to remain farmers for generations. Agriculture is a "disguised unemployment", filled with uncertainties. The more we can reduce the number of people depending on agriculture, the more we can really move towards being "developed".
And no, i don't want to ignore the farmers. Only a fool would do that.

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
karnivore said:
Once again u proved, rationale is a concept lost on many. The point i was trying to make was that, democracy gives u the opportunity to rectify your mistake. Dictatorship does not.
Dictatorship spares you from making mistakes in first place.

karnivore said:
First u say u don't want violent uprising and then u say military rule is all that u want. How do u expect military to seize power. Simply walk into the Parliament and claim power. SEEESH.
There's a limit to stupidity.
You can read English, can't you? Taking help of military to arrest politicians isn't equivalent to giving them powers to rule over this country.

For those, who either don't want to read [long] posts, or purposely ignore them:

An ideal government will consist of a benevolent board/panel of experts, philosophers, scientists like APJ, and benevolent buisnessmen like Narayan Murthy, military generals, educationists, economists, farmers, entrepreneurs, students and representatives of all social classes. There won't be a place for dirty politics and evil politicians. No corruption will be tolerated and traitors will face martial law. Everyone will have equal and high-quality education, and there will be no reservation. There will be one law for all, regardless of religion, caste, gender or anything else. Government will not recognize any religion or caste officially. Entire bureaucracy will be refabricated to suite Indian environment.

This is by no means a comprehensive list or menifesto of an ideal government of my dreams. But I can assure you that things will only get better. And there's no way to know until and unless we give it a try.

If you didn't know, 96% of MPs are multi-millionires. And that's only the amount officially decared by them in 2004 elections. How many of them, do you think, actually care our lower and middle class? How many give a rodent's rear about suiciding farmers, illeterate children, heavily taxed middle-class, and ever increasing crime against defenceless people?

Even our military has fallen prey to their buttering and greasing. All retired military generals and other officials have talked about it. But they can do nothing without an extensive civilian support. And this exactly what I'm trying to experiment here. To see if people are ready to change for the good, and to see if they're honest to themselves.

You can ridicule me all you want and you can call me names for thinking about the unthinkable. But at least, I am thinking about it. Ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? Little wings of a butterfly in Brazil can set off a tornado in Texas. My thoughts can change the system - if you're ready to change yourselves.

karnivore

in your face..
Your rheoterics are starting to get annoying.

Thats the symptom of running out of valid logic.

Ever heard of Julius Caesar? He freed Rome of corrupt politicians and still didn't turn into a blood thirsty dictator. And those were some evil politicians who assassinated him right inside his senate.

Surely u r not a student of political sciences. And surely u don't know the difference between "Seizure of Power", "Coup d'etat" and your pet "revolution". The example u have sited is an example of one of the earliest Coupe d'etat, not of Revolution. No wonder why u talk of "revolution". Cause u don't have clue. Once again, get your facts right.:D :D

You can ridicule me all you want and you can call me names for thinking about the unthinkable. But at least, I am thinking about it. Ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? Little wings of a butterfly in Brazil can set off a tornado in Texas. My thoughts can change the system - if you're ready to change yourselves.

Ok dude. U win. I loose. Can't take this torture any more. It is impossible to bring an insane to his senses.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
karnivore said:
What can u expect from a generation that depends on Wiki and Google to learn. U guys r happy with a truncated view of everything.
A few words from dried lips? Have some juice! Where do u learn from...by telepathy? I don't think so many links,reliable websites (wiki is just to give u an idea...u can always google for more), tv news channels that conform with each other will tell a lie. What do u think professor? Is a simple request of asking u to have some counselling with that army man in ur family taking a toll on ur mind?

So what do u do find about the "revolution" of Gandhi.
Why do u find reading slowly and carefully so hard? Prestigious fight club is not for emotional dudes and softies like u, u know! :rolleyes:

karnivore said:
No doubt u come up with articles like that. U can certainly do better than that. "Revolution" is used as a symbol for a "mass movement", as "change", as an "appeal". Indeed, the concept of non-violence was a "revolution", in a world that was torn apart by wars and violence. But to conclude "Indian Freedom Struggle" as a revolution is just too much. Have u ever heard of anybody referring to "Indian Revolution" except for the events of 1857. Notice carefully, even that event was an act of violence. U should Gandhi's life written by Raja Gopalacharya, and, probably then u will realise what i mean. And certain other things that u will learn will probably shock u. Take for example, Gandhi's decision to cooperate with the British during WW-II.
bloodshed.
Ofcors "revolution" can be with violence tooo. When did I deny that? But I fail to understand that y is our Ph.D professor inspite of being given so many links to read is being speechless and repeating his words all the time? R u out of words that ur repeating same statement?

karnivore said:
U just can't have a "revolution" without violence. The basic concept of revolution is forcefully overthrowing a regime. How can one do that without
Yea...we heard ur expert opinion before too! Try to say something different next time instead of just saying "No, For god sake u have to believe me that revolution can't be without violence"! Stop whining now!

karnivore said:
U sound so much like the Chinese. A villager would need a working permission to enter the cities in their own country.
Is that ur desperate attempt to divert the topic and hide the show of ur ignorance? Who did ever mention anything about "working permission to enter the cities in their own country"? Try to quote me if I ever said that! U r not just being ignorant now but also very amusing! How cute!

karnivore said:
Yes i want farmers not to remain farmers for generations. Agriculture is a "disguised unemployment", filled with uncertainties. The more we can reduce the number of people depending on agriculture, the more we can really move towards being "developed".
Another show of ur ignorance? U surely haven't seen or ever read about how wealthy the punjabi and haryanvi farmers r...have u? Go do some research now. U talk like an NRI who is seduced by the "eye-candy" of the west and doesn't have even iota of knowledge about his motherland!

Its a famous saying in Hindi "gali ka kutta na ghar ka na ghat ka". Bring a revolution in urself and know its meaning.

And no, i don't want to ignore the farmers. Only a fool would do that.
How ironic! Previously u said something about rehabilitation. U mean to snatch their interest, their jobs and treat them like diseased or as some victim of natural calamity? How absurd! Y not support them, provide them technologically advanced equipments for free or at subsidised prices? I hope our wonderfully rising economy can withstand that much pressure atleast! ANd its not actually a loss that our economy will suffer from, its an investment to improve the life of farmers and hence in turn our economy as whole. No matter how much agriculture contributes to the economy (correct figures in one of my previous posts), but as a whole its huge, a big segment of a very big/bigger thing.

karnivore said:
Ok dude. U win. I loose. Can't take this torture any more. It is impossible to bring an insane to his senses.
Ahh, I thought the job of a professor is to enlighten everyone and not to chicken out of a discussion in between!

And so please don't go on repeating same things again n again. U asked for "even one" reference/link so confidently. I gave u plenty. I hope u didn't mean scanned articles from some books or newspaper...did u? Did u even read those links? U were already mocked for not reading this thread from the start. Please do some research now before further showing ur misery! :)

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
karnivore said:
Thats the symptom of running out of valid logic.
I didn't see any logic in your stupidity.

karnivore said:
Surely u r not a student of political sciences. And surely u don't know the difference between "Seizure of Power", "Coup d'etat" and your pet "revolution". The example u have sited is an example of one of the earliest Coupe d'etat, not of Revolution. No wonder why u talk of "revolution". Cause u don't have clue. Once again, get your facts right.:D :D
Your definition of "revolution" is different from what experts have to say.
A revolution is a significant change that usually occurs in a relatively short period of time.
Sounds simple enough? No doubt you have never heard of the "Roman Revolution". Read about it, Mr. Professor of Political Sciences: -

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roman_Revolution
*history.boisestate.edu/WESTCIV/romanrev/26.shtml

karnivore said:
Fine! Go back to the cave where you came from.

karnivore said:
Un-fscking-believable infinite stupidity! People like you ought to be eliminated from our gene pool.

What "development" are you talking about without agriculture? Do you even know that food isn't designed on computers and produced by HP printers? It's "grown" in fields.

Happy eating plastics and drinking sewage in your "developed" country, caveman!

Last edited:

karnivore

in your face..

There u go. The Chinese implemented the Permission system for the same reasons as to "stop rural people coming to urban areas in large numbers and then creating tensions like lack of living space, overload of buses,metros, traffic load" and make sure that their cities look good in photos.

Yea...we heard ur expert opinion before too! Try to say something different next time..................Stop whining now!

The same can be said to u too, dude.

Quote:

Another show of ur ignorance? U surely haven't seen or ever read about how wealthy the punjabi and haryanvi farmers r...have u? Go do some research now. U talk like an NRI who is seduced by the "eye-candy" of the west and doesn't have even iota of knowledge about his motherland!

Its a famous saying in Hindi "gali ka kutta na ghar ka na ghat ka". Bring a revolution in urself and know its meaning.

Hang on............let me catch my breathe. I am about to die laughing. Let me get this equation straight.
Haryana + Punjub = India. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
So what about the dying farmers. OH i got it, just a NRI propaganda.

"disguised unemployment" is a well recognized and accepted term in economics. Obviously your Wiki did not have that info.

And so please don't go on repeating same things again n again. U asked for "even one" reference/link so confidently. I gave u plenty. I hope u didn't mean scanned articles from some books or newspaper...did u? Did u even read those links? U were already mocked for not reading this thread from the start. Please do some research now before further showing ur misery!

Obviously, books are alien to u. And i thought i explained what "revolution" meant, in the context of Gandhi. If u still don't get it, its not my fault.

Un-fscking-believable infinite stupidity! People like you ought to be eliminated from our gene pool.

What "development" are you talking about without agriculture? Do you even know that food isn't designed on computers and produced by HP printers? It's "grown" in fields.

Happy eating plastics and drinking sewage in your "developed" country, caveman!

U r spewing bullcrap like u have it in abundance. Japan's economy gets less than 4% contribution from agriculture and a little over 1% of their population is dependent on agriculture. In case of US its 5% and 2%. The scenario is same through out Europe.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, before u remove me from gene-pool. And welcome to the world of Economics.

Last edited:
OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
karnivore said:
U r spewing bullcrap like u have it in abundance. Japan's economy gets less than 4% contribution from agriculture and a little over 1% of their population is dependent on agriculture. In case of US its 5% and 2%. The scenario is same through out Europe.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, before u remove me from gene-pool. And welcome to the world of Economics.
Japan doesn't have 1.1 billion people to feed. I didn't know economics could make you sound stupid so much. Learn to look past %, $ and "economy". And, 100% of Japs are dependent on agriculture, because they're not robots yet.

karnivore

in your face..
Yamaraj said:
Japan doesn't have 1.1 billion people to feed. I didn't know economics could make you sound stupid so much. Learn to look past %, $ and "economy". And, 100% of Japs are dependent on agriculture, because they're not robots yet.

Dude i gave u "%" not any absolute figure. So now i have teach u maths also and explain the benefits of quoting figures in percentage.
True 100% of Japs will have to eat to survive, but that does not mean that over 60% of them, as in India, will have to grow food. Thats the point i am trying to make. Decrease the number of persons directly dependant on agriculture, rehabilitate them so they get equal opportunity as we city slickers get and we won't need Revolution. Its easier said than done, but that is the one and only solution.

T

thunderbird.117

Unless India get attacked from nuclear warfare or biological weapons where countless people will die due to foolishness of government due to their support and talk about peace and prosperity with mainly pakistan and other countries like bangladesh this two countries shall keep sending terrorist and destroying india piece by piece. Till then you people shall not learn. Your trust with government is useless. They shall not do nothing.

It is your wish has indian citizen either protect your country or be a witness of countless people that will die in coming days.

Other question?. What should china do if they were in our condition. Would they keep talking with pakistan about and posperity or would they destroy them?. Yamaraj has have already spoken in this part. Now do yours.

Or learn a bitter lesson. Do you want india to be a islamic state or do you want india to keep on being seperated has what happened to pakistan and bangaldesh?.

mediator

Technomancer
karnivore said:
There u go. The Chinese implemented the Permission system for the same reasons as to "stop rural people coming to urban areas in large numbers and then creating tensions like lack of living space, overload of buses,metros, traffic load" and make sure that their cities look good in photos.
Please professor I really can't argue with people who can't read and interpret things.
I already said in one of the first posts of mine, that we shud ape +ve things from other countries without even getting concerned about the type of government. Wat is there so helpful in deploying a stewpid permission system...so that the deprived people do an armed revolt? It definitely makes urban areas better, but what about rural areas?
All I said is to develop the rural areas too without having much toll on ecosystem that wud help the rural as well as urban areas and help reduce so many problems like I said before!

karnivore said:
Hang on............let me catch my breathe. I am about to die laughing. Let me get this equation straight.
Haryana + Punjub = India.
So what about the dying farmers. OH i got it, just a NRI propaganda.

"disguised unemployment" is a well recognized and accepted term in economics. Obviously your Wiki did not have that info.
I think u r quite used to ur mockery! Let me quote it again for u.
Agriculture in India is one of the most prominent sectors in its economy. Agriculture and allied sectors like forestry, logging and fishing accounted for 18.6% of the GDP in 2005 and employed 60% of the country's population[1]. It accounts for 8.56 % of India’s exports. About 43 % of India's geographical area is used for agricultural activity. Despite a steady decline of its share in the GDP, agriculture is still the largest economic sector and plays a significant role in the overall socio-economic development of India.
So does Haryana+Punjab = 43% of India's geographical area? I really pity ur aptitude and calculations. Its quite confirmed now, that u don't know both about wealthy and poor farmers in other parts of India. Its like if i say plenty of delhities r wealthy and if I ask for improvement of poor people, then u interpret it as there is no poor in Delhi and whole of India! It seems ur laughing on ur own ignorance now! Laugh as much as u can....coz its really getting entertaining for me and others r reading ur ignorance!

karnivore said:
Obviously, books are alien to u. And i thought i explained what "revolution" meant, in the context of Gandhi. If u still don't get it, its not my fault.
Now this is hilarious! A fake professor faking his Ph.D degree comes without even reading the debate from the start and says revolution is all about going on a chain saw massacre, repeats his statements, tells the name of a book which brainwashed him....haha, and thus shows how much independent thinker he really is, inspite of being given so many links calls them "all" a lie, again whines about his revolution definition and at the end says I explained my ignorance and "If u still don't get it, its not my fault. Haha.....u shud work for jokes2000.com!! As nobody wants trolls around here who can't back what they r saying.

Since u r so interested "only" in books and don't like to conform the matter with various other sources, then U shud read harry potter. That wud interest u even further and give u some more stuff to plagiarize and to later whine about! ;)

I don't understand what prevent u to debate in a open minded, civil manner...is it ur ego that prevented u from googling or reading the links I gave? :sad:

aliasghark

who? what?
Yamaraj said:
You're wasting your keystrokes.
no i'm not. just trying to get you back to your senses (if any :p)

Yamaraj:Mercy killing a dying suicidal peasant is a hundred times better than letting him die slowly of hunger, and not doing anything about it. Which is exactly what our governments have been doing - nothing.
aliasghark:i strongly disagree. when you can't help him, at least don't kill him.
Yamaraj:Tell that to your government. They killed thousands this way.
now this is the height of insanity. you are now accusing the government of doing exactly the same thing you kept advocating! (wasn't the government supposed to be doing 'nothing'?)

aliasghark:is that why you displayed that photograph?
Yamaraj:It was displayed because most people here are ignorant of the Chinese development, which is mostly because of our media and government.
aliasghark:lol. most readers here i'm sure are discerning, they're cognizant
Yamaraj:I concur!
huh? i thought you meant what you said in your previous post

Yamaraj said:
no its not

Yamaraj said:
At least pretend to look concerned.
i'm sorry, i refuse to join your band of pretenders

Yamaraj said:
How about running a family like a business?
how about it?

Yamaraj said:
You're being ignorant.
nope, that would be you.

Yamaraj said:
Learn to spell the correct name.
are you offended if you're called yamraj?

Yamaraj said:
Your knowledge of history goes only as far as a few hundred years back. I can't blame you.
your knowledge of history on the other hand, doesn't even go back two complete days. as illustrated in the quotes above, you kept changing sides more often than bush mocks the law

Yamaraj said:
An ideal government will consist of a benevolent board/panel of experts
yeah, and who's going to decide who the experts are? (go back to square 1: elections)

yamaraj, you poor little chap, i pity you. :( why don't you do everyone (including yourself) a favor and return to tora bora? you won't need to worry about the idiot box there. there wouldn't be any, at your native place. not in your hut, nor your neighbors'. and of course it won't be easy to access the net, but you'll have to learn to deal with it. its for your own good.

karnivore

in your face..
Yesterday i met Mr Moron. Haven't seen him lately, so i was really intrigued. As i walked to him, i realized he was busy doing something amazing. It seemed like he was sniffing his.......er......his behind. Now if u look at the dynamics, sniffing one's own butt is an impossibility for a human being, unless of course, if u r carrying the unevolved gene of your prehistoric ancestor.

Hey buddy what r u upto ?
- I am looking for a solution for India's problem.

In your.........behind ?
- SSSHHHH........not so loud. Don't tell this to anybody. Something went wrong in the evolutionary process and i ended up with my brains in my........er.......butt. Now everytime i try to think i spew crap all over the place.

Oh, evolution has been pretty unfair to u. Anyway, how do u propose we solve this problem ?
- We should organize a revolution. Bloody or otherwise. Its the only solution.

Can u please elaborate ?
- We should ask our military to arrest our corrupt ministers. To hell with Constitution, to hell with Judiciary, to hell with legislature and to hell with electorate.

U think it can be done that way ?
- Of course. Running a country is just like a computer game. U don't like the game ? Simple. Uninstall. U don't like the regime ? Simple. Organise a revolution.

BTW, how should the military make arrests ?
-Who cares. We will ask them to.

Err, did u know that military can't take suo motu actions ? It needs permission of the Parliament ? Also military cannot make civil arrests ? It lies only with the police ? If it still goes ahead and does that, it will be called coup d'tat ?
-Coup what. Hang on a sec. Let me google that. But then again, who cares. They will do what we ask them to do. They are my paternal property.

Did u know that India did come close to a dictatorial rule ? It was Ms Indira Gandhi who declared "Emergency" and brought India to the brink of what u want ? No one in India had a pleasant experience at that time ?
-Who cares. We want military rule, bus, thats it. Your logic stinks.

The world is yet to see a benevolent military regime. Can u name one ?
-Let me Google that.

Suddenly, i felt a terrible urge to puke, don't know why. Probably indigestion. Got to buy 10 Eno packs. One would be of no help.

But don't u think that a revolution is just too much for India to handle right now ?
- Come on we did that before, we can do it again.

We did that before ?
- Of course. Gandhi did that. HE was a "revolutionist"

Where did u get that ?
- Why, from Wiki and Google. These are extremely reliable sites.

Err, they were referring the concept of non-violence, "revolutionary", the mass civil movement, "revolutionary", as in "spectacular", as in "refreshingly different from the war torn world that only saw violence as a means of change" ? U do know that the word "revolution", when used in political context, assumes a different meaning ?
-DUH, who are u. A Ph.D scholar, a professor.

Why don't u read about the life and works of Gandhi ?
-[Whisper] Please, i beg, i implore. Don't ask me to read books. I use pages to wipe my.....er, u know what.
-[Loud, almost a shout] Of course i do. Wiki and Google are my best friends.

I finally realized why i felt like puking. I was half drowned in some vile thing which had a yellowish tinge and a pungent smell. Got to figure out what that thing is.

OK, for arguments sake, lets assume that Gandhi was a revolutionist, and peaceful revolution is possible, and that it is possible to get our military to do what u want, but don't u think we will be missing an opportunity here ? Democracy at least gives u the opportunity to rectify your mistakes.
- Dictatorship spares you from making mistakes in first place.

That vile thing is now upto my nose. Gotta..........breathe.......fresh air.......dying.......HELP.

mediator

Technomancer
karnivore said:
Yesterday i met Mr Moron. Haven't seen him lately, so i was really intrigued. As i walked to him, i realized he was busy doing something amazing. It seemed like he was sniffing his.......er......his behind. Now if u look at the dynamics, sniffing one's own butt is an impossibility for a human being, unless of course, if u r carrying the unevolved gene of your prehistoric ancestor.

Hey buddy what r u upto ?
- I am looking for a solution for India's problem.

In your.........behind ?
- SSSHHHH........not so loud. Don't tell this to anybody. Something went wrong in the evolutionary process and i ended up with my brains in my........er.......butt. Now everytime i try to think i spew crap all over the place.

Oh, evolution has been pretty unfair to u. Anyway, how do u propose we solve this problem ?
- We should organize a revolution. Bloody or otherwise. Its the only solution.

Can u please elaborate ?
- We should ask our military to arrest our corrupt ministers. To hell with Constitution, to hell with Judiciary, to hell with legislature and to hell with electorate.

U think it can be done that way ?
- Of course. Running a country is just like a computer game. U don't like the game ? Simple. Uninstall. U don't like the regime ? Simple. Organise a revolution.

BTW, how should the military make arrests ?
-Who cares. We will ask them to.

Err, did u know that military can't take suo motu actions ? It needs permission of the Parliament ? Also military cannot make civil arrests ? It lies only with the police ? If it still goes ahead and does that, it will be called coup d'tat ?
-Coup what. Hang on a sec. Let me google that. But then again, who cares. They will do what we ask them to do. They are my paternal property.

Did u know that India did come close to a dictatorial rule ? It was Ms Indira Gandhi who declared "Emergency" and brought India to the brink of what u want ? No one in India had a pleasant experience at that time ?
-Who cares. We want military rule, bus, thats it. Your logic stinks.

The world is yet to see a benevolent military regime. Can u name one ?
-Let me Google that.

Suddenly, i felt a terrible urge to puke, don't know why. Probably indigestion. Got to buy 10 Eno packs. One would be of no help.

But don't u think that a revolution is just too much for India to handle right now ?
- Come on we did that before, we can do it again.

We did that before ?
- Of course. Gandhi did that. HE was a "revolutionist"

Where did u get that ?
- Why, from Wiki and Google. These are extremely reliable sites.

Err, they were referring the concept of non-violence, "revolutionary", the mass civil movement, "revolutionary", as in "spectacular", as in "refreshingly different from the war torn world that only saw violence as a means of change" ? U do know that the word "revolution", when used in political context, assumes a different meaning ?
-DUH, who are u. A Ph.D scholar, a professor.

Why don't u read about the life and works of Gandhi ?
-[Whisper] Please, i beg, i implore. Don't ask me to read books. I use pages to wipe my.....er, u know what.
-[Loud, almost a shout] Of course i do. Wiki and Google are my best friends.

I finally realized why i felt like puking. I was half drowned in some vile thing which had a yellowish tinge and a pungent smell. Got to figure out what that thing is.

OK, for arguments sake, lets assume that Gandhi was a revolutionist, and peaceful revolution is possible, and that it is possible to get our military to do what u want, but don't u think we will be missing an opportunity here ? Democracy at least gives u the opportunity to rectify your mistakes.
- Dictatorship spares you from making mistakes in first place.

That vile thing is now upto my nose. Gotta..........breathe.......fresh air.......dying.......HELP.
What a waste! It seems u have nuthing more to say! Please if u can't say sumthing useful now then atleast stop ur troll. I expected u to quote me line by line and reply then. And here u r telling us fairy tales which plagiarized ur mind? How cute! Please go back to my previous post and quote me line by line coz its against forum rulezz to ponce around! ;)
and yea u gotta breathe and consult that army man in ur family for some enlightenment, coz ignorance combined with ego,arrogance can really kill u.. u know! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom