Does India need a revolution?

Revolution or not?

• Yes, we desperately need a revolution that gets us rid of this stupid democratic government.

Votes: 48 73.8%
  • No, I'm happy with the things as they are.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Cannot say. I don't vote.

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
I'm now formally sick of India's current socio-political status, with all its stupidity, corruption, fake "India Shining" daydreams, humans rights issues, irresponsible media, a British-Raj Police system, inadequate education and health systems, and the unnecessary burden of bureaucracy. The list can simply go on and on.

The bottomline is - democracy in India in broken and rotten to its very core.

I strongly believe that we need our first proper revolution against this beast of our government system. They're sleeping soundly, only to wake up once in while to check their swiss bank accounts and organize fake rallies against each other when the elections are due. Even the voters couldn't care less. How many of you sincerely care about party policies and read their menifesto before hitting the ballat? How many of you baffle at our police system that still retains its British-raj attire? How many of you have felt the frustration in govenment offices, while lining up to pay bills, poor roads, our "World class" municipal corporations? How many feel betrayed because of our incapable and inherently corrupt judicial system - when Salman doesn't go to jail even after killing humans and animals alike? When SC continues granting endless bails to Laloo? When our PM doesn't care if there's a killer in his rock-band of monkey-ministers?

How does it feel like to see our government bending its back for Amrikaans, and ready to lick their feet? Or to see DRDO/HAL deliver nothing after all these years and thousands of crores of wasted investments? Look at Pakistan. Their JF-17 is even pulling orders from other countries, while it's yet to be introduced in PAK Airforce. Their Khalid tank is practically ridiculing our lame Arjun tank, which even our Army has declared as "not fit" for their purposes.

The issues are endless, and I would rather talk about them while my fellow members raise questions or show interest in an honest and serious talk about this country and this government of ours.

I would like my fellow members to think, ask, then think again, and only then register their votes here. All this voting without any thinking is what has made our country what it is - a day-dreamer sloth.

Let's decide our own future!

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
Nope .. no revolution for India..
That'd rip the economy to smithereens, and then India would have to start from scratch again! Pakistan looks set for a revolution, but dunno if it'll finally come through. There are many ways for India to correct itself, Revolution isn't the only way!
Just my two cents ...

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
=CrAzYG33K= said:
There are many ways for India to correct itself
Sure, there are many. Like, embracing Rahul baba as our future PM (err ...King), continue pretending and ignoring that rural India even exists, keep dreaming of turning Mumbai into Shanghai. And who doesn't like reading MiG crash reports with morning tea, right?

To change is life.

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
Yamaraj said:
Sure, there are many. Like, embracing Rahul baba as our future PM (err ...King), continue pretending and ignoring that rural India even exists, keep dreaming of turning Mumbai into Shanghai. And who doesn't like reading MiG crash reports with morning tea, right?

To change is life.
Change is required .. AGREED :eek:
But again .. Like I said, Is revolution the only way? :confused:
As I post this .. The Forex rates are :
USD Vs INR : 40.760
This has been achieved after a mighty struggle by India.. Do you want that to come crashing down ?

EDIT:
The USD was like hovering around the 45 Rupees mark for about 2 years or so, and it changed like 6 months ago ..

Last edited:
OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
=CrAzYG33K= said:
Change is required .. AGREED :eek:
But again .. Like I said, Is revolution the only way? :confused:
This has been achieved after a mighty struggle by India.. Do you want that to come crashing down ?

EDIT:
The USD was like hovering around the 45 Rupees mark for about 2 years or so, and it changed like 6 months ago ..
By "revolution", I do not necessarily mean an armed and violent uprising against all. My ideal government will be more open and transparent - actually representating the citizens, not ruling over them. A law enforement agency that will be friendly, not insulting to the common man - willing to listen and co-operate, helpful, intelligent and will not behave like a personal army of politicians. And there will be one law for all - regardless of religions, caste, gender, color or race. My ideal government will not officially recognize religions and castes. Issues like temples and mosques will not hamper paliament sessions, and politicians will be treated as they should be. My ideal government will consist of intellectuals, philosophers, ground to Earth people with real foresight and common men from all classes. There won't be a place for dirty politics.

Indian swiss bank accounts will be disclosed and assets will be returned to the country - as an aid in education, health services, food and military. There are many things that we, the uncorrupted, can carry out. We can run the country if we desire so - with will and intelligence. We're better than the scumbags polluting this country with their very presence. We can do better!

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I agree with Yamaraj.
And you will be happy to note that in some parts of the country, some very good guys are fighting election and if they are selected then we can think of a bright future for India. The change will be gradual but it will happen.
For more info:
www.bharatpunarnirman.org

mediator

Technomancer
Well, I agree we need something. Non-violent Anti-reservation protest was a real instance....Just look at Arjun Sing, he is still proceeding with it all....how absurd!
But I can't find an appropriate option to vote coz from 1st option it seems u want a dictator (u shud edit it...if I'm not wrong about ur views), 2nd => I'm definitely not happy with things they r, 3rd I want to vote!

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
^
1. Not necessarily a dictator. An ideal government can be a board/panel of a few honest intellectuals like our President, philosophers, top military generals, civil servants and benevolent corporate minds like Narayan Murthi. I don't want a Stalin running this country, either.

2. Good to know that you're not happy with the things as they are.

3. I hope things are clear enough for you, so you can express your opinion honestly.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
We can tweak our democracy by amending our constitution, either make this a Direct democracy like the Switzerland or federal structure like USA with a Presidential democracy. But naturally our Power hungry parliament and politicians want more power by day so expecting them to relinquish power is like expecting Emperor Palpatine to introduce the New Republic.

mediator

Technomancer
I know ur views coz we have been discussing for pretty long now. U need not explain it. Thats y I asked to edit it!
Neways in short my "expert opinion" :D is that we shud have a democratic government that upholds all the values of democracy without any partiality.....no hypocrisy, no unequalness, no corruption, no looting of *,.....things that resemble the corruption today! I guess this what everybody wants!!??

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Choto Cheeta said:
Out of Question... !!! There is no chance... !!!
You can be a little more specific. As I requested in my original post, you should only vote after doing some thinking. And if possible, you should share your views with the rest of us.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Revolution comes when people find them self no where to go...to an Extrem point ...

where as in India we are facing some thing ;like Slow Poisoning ....

A dog will go mad or Byte his master when tourchered so much that it cant take much... but when u feed it 10% of the require food, it will die but staying loyel to its master...

same with us.. we are the victim of Slow Poisoning

Thats why I said as there is not much of an anger to flame one :(

Also Indian Arm forces are more than capable enough to stop any such action :p

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Choto Cheeta said:
Also Indian Arm forces are more than capable enough to stop any such action :p
Indian Armed Forces will always support the citizens. There is a reason why Indira Gandhi was afraid of a military action against her shortly before the declaration of emergency. She was worried about the intelligence reports confirming that JP had convinced many army officials for support in overthrowing her government.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
70's in west Bengal thousands of Young Brilliant Men and Women were killed. as they tryed to force one !!!!

They gave birth to Naxal !! tryed to force one with their blood... but Armed Forces, killed because they are bound to follow order ...

that was some horrible time... Police was on rampage to stop... !! our parants and older member of family (Not only us, every one of West Bengal) witnessed the horror !!

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
First thing I would like to see happen is remove the countless number of parties & make it to a limited size...around 3-4...Otherwise only coalition govts form & the majority party wont be able to take firm decisions at all....

OP
Yamaraj

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Opine freely and without any fear people! You're free to exercise your right to the freedom of expression. Our constituion grants this right to all of us, and if the government doesn't like it - it may go fsck itself.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
it is horribly corrupt states like Up,bihar etc..
So needs a revolution,but no way a dictatorship helps.

mediator

Technomancer
But again .. Like I said, Is revolution the only way?
Mass,non-violent Anti-reservation protest was a kind of revolution too don't forget that. Their (student's) actions is bringing atleast some result!
*www.ibnlive.com/news/supreme-court-stays-quota-in-pvt-aided-institutions/37225-3.html
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/New_quota_regime_unlikely_in_IITs_IIMs/articleshow/1830328.cms

What about the suicide by and plight of farmers? Don't forget India's economic base is its agriculture! So do u want the economy to crash?
What about 1 crore+ illegal bangladeshi immigrants? Aren't they sucking our economy and even getting voting cards? What about government hospitals....have u ever seen how many bangladeshis and pakistanis line up there becoz off free treatment? Why even give free treatment to a few pakistani in the name of friendship? Is that their money that they r getting treated for free? Isn't that a misuse of our economy?
I'm sure many r familiar with the repair of roads that authorities dig and repair and when finally everybody hopes to walk/drive on it they dig it again and take another 2 years to repair it. If u rn't familiar with it, then come to delhi and ask local residents...they'll educate u on it giving plenty of instances!

Help Save such things and u'll find that economy will rise unparalleled.

Revolution comes when people find them self no where to go...to an Extrem point ...
Reservation is an extreme point. How many types of reservations do these leaders want? Minority reservation, OBC reservation, Sc/ST reservation. Rich get their work done by buttering. What the heck, Is being a middle class hindu a crime in India?

same with us.. we are the victim of Slow Poisoning

Thats why I said as there is not much of an anger to flame one

Also Indian Arm forces are more than capable enough to stop any such action
Its appropriate to take actions when u r conscious. How can u even act when u have been poisoned completely? Also just think that the reservation was just non-violent. Imagine what wud have happened if they wud have gone violent. I fear they wud have played chain saw massacre then in parliament or some kind of Rang de basanti! The leaders wud have met their final destination then and I doubt if even the Indian army wud have been able to stop the students then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom