Does EP630 sound quality change with pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigea

Right off the assembly line
I had a doubt regarding pairing of headphones

Does the quality of sound given by the ep630 change when a different handsfree is used i.e; Does EP630 sound different with an HPM 82 than with a HPM 70?

I am thinking of buying EP630 and a lower quality (chinese) HPM 70 for use with my Sony P1i.

Budget is within Rs.1000 . So I guess EP630 (700 approx )+ HPM 70 (250) would be within the budget

Does anyone have an experience of using EP630 with the P1i &
in your opinion which handsfree gives the best bass at the lowest price range with P1i.

is ep630 + hpm70 better sounding (more bass) than a default hpm82?

Am looking for good bass,basic controls like pause and accept calls on handsfree while music is playing, and noise isolation as I travel in noisy local trains

Cheers & Thanks guys :)

Sigea

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I suggest you go for the entire package i.e. adapter+earphone, like in the hpm 90/hpm 88,hpm 82,hpm 77 wich impo provide a better sonic xp than the ep-630.

OP
S

sigea

Thanks guys :)

WHich amongst sonys HPM series has the most clear bass (in ear ones?)
And better than the ep630

Ive tried HPM 85, its good, but its not in ear and its big, so not suitable for daily use .

Max stretchable budget is about 1500 bucks

1235Sam

Sameer
actually this is off topic but i dont want to start new thread just for simple query
In Pune I found only one shop who have original ep in stock for 1200 bucks.Is it good deal?I heard in Mumbai i heard u can get in below 900 buck;but does it come with warranty?

Oops. I meant HPM-75, not HPM-70. :oops:
dude i dont think HPM-75 is available for sale in India.HPM-70 is available but there are very few placed where you sure of original ones.

the only way i know one can get HPM-75 is replacement for HPM-70 under SE warranty(just like i and my bro got one :p)

Last edited:

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
I Have got both
HPM 70 and ep630.
verdict-both have same bass but treble is more wid ep630 as it has less resistance.

also, some shops are supplied wid original ep630 for promotional purposes. its d same thng but without boxpack.
i got it 4 700 in gauhati. box pack ones selling at 1200.

Last edited:
OP
S

sigea

Thanks, so my choice is between HPM 70 or EP630 :)

Are there any other 'in ear' HPM series which have better bass and sound quality than HPM 70?

also does the HPM 70 provide good outside noise reduction like the EP630?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
HPM-75 and 77 sound better than 70. EP-630 is also better than HPM-70. Here in Mumbai it is available for 600 bucks in some shops. Noise reduction-wise they are more or less the same.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Whats the big difference between EP-630 and EP-630i ?

I saw a ad in digit mag this month, the price of EP-630i was 4.5k something..

I am lazy to google the difference :p

Also any idea about where to buy EP-630 in bangalore ? (If SP Road is your answer, then which shop?)

moshel

Padawan
@gigacore, maybe it was the Creative Aurvana? im not sure though but i suppose it used to cost around 3k or something.

the Aurvana is obviously better than the 630, but there are even better options at that price point.

oh just found this, there is something called the EP-630i...

The Creative EP-630i is a headset for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. It uses a pair of basic earbuds, which each come with three different coverings to provide different fits and feels. It has a built in microphone and button for answering or ending calls on the iPhone while listening to music. It is going to be released in Singapore in September, 2008, with a U.S. release shortly after.

Source

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
yeah i saw the ad in digit too about the 630i one...was quite surprised with the pricing...is it really worth paying 4k for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom