Does Bada OS support swype feature..?

giprabu

In the zone
I just want to know as whether Samsung Wave 575 and 533 models can be made to have the swype feature..

Through googling i came to know bada os v1.2 supports swype.. So, on what version of Bada these two models run ?

and also which one is faster/smoother .. ?

Budget 8.5k (max) .. and in that budget i'm not ready to go for android phones.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
If you expect a Bada phone to be better than Android, then trust me, you will be sorely disappointed. Bada is crap OS. Total junk.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
^^ thanks.. sometime in future , it'll surely catch up android.. Android is resource intensive. A 600mhz proccy can't even able to handle smooth scrolling through menus (like galaxy 3, 5, pop, fit etc).. I'm not an android fan and i don't hate it either.. Bada just suits me.. Samsung wave phones are far more smoother than low-budget android phones (except 525 model which equals android ones in lagging but still manages to beat those in price range)..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
LOL... if you are in Hyderabad, I would like to show you my 600 MHz LG Optimus One running CyanogenMod 7. Then you tell me what you think about Android phones...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LOL... if you are in Hyderabad, I would like to show you my 600 MHz LG Optimus One running CyanogenMod 7. Then you tell me what you think about Android phones...

if you can upload a short 10sec video at youtube. i really wished to do it but am not at home. so not possible.

A 600mhz proccy can't even able to handle smooth scrolling through menus (like galaxy 3, 5, pop, fit etc)..

yes, cause those are samsung junk. Optimus One is not.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If you expect a Bada phone to be better than Android, then trust me, you will be sorely disappointed. Bada is crap OS. Total junk.

+1 for this. You shouldn't buy a bada knowing that it will be Dead soon if it already isn't.

And bada OS doesn't have Swype but it has T9-Trace. And frankly it is very good, in fact I found it better than Swype for it's simplicity, I mean Swype is integrated with a much more wide dictionary so sometimes you have to choose from a list of words which isn't the case for bada.

Regards.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
All the SAMSUNG androids below 15k are mostly ****. Optimus One is a league apart from those phones.With a custom ROM, It's MUCH smoother than Samsung Wave 533, I've compared it with a mate in my classes, his one lags while scrolling for music, while mine is much, MUCH smoother, even at 600 Mhz. and I normally run it at 768 Mhz.

Just spend 1k more, that 1k will be the best investment you'll ever make.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
+1 to trace being smoother and more error free than swype. I found it to be like that too even on the top of the line droids. Some of em dont even have Swype enabled in the default mode.
Its not just that some words dont show up at all, in teh language we speak anyway, and its difficult to get the hang of typing stuff like double Os. But that is when the droid is not acting up, which is rare. this is swype in action on the SII. theres a different bug every time, or droids just dont wanna work with me
*i.min.us/jdLLYc.jpg
*i.min.us/jb0ele.jpg

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
:flu-weird:..
still have a few queries..

*does optimus one has gesture control ?
*does it lag when then inbox has over 500-1000 sms (hope the sms are
shown in threaded view)?
*does the stock ROM support live wallpapers ?

these things are not much concentrated on any reviews..:???:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

*does optimus one has gesture control ? gesture control for what?
shown in threaded view)? never tried it. let others reply
*does the stock ROM support live wallpapers ? YES :-D

answered in red & gingerbread brings support for adobe flash player.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
:flu-weird:..

*does optimus one has gesture control ?
shown in threaded view)?
*does the stock ROM support live wallpapers ?

1. What is gesture control? I tried all sorts of gestures in front of my phone... laughing hysterically, crying, making monkey sounds... even dancing... but nothing worked...

2. No lag whatsoever. I have 500+ SMS on my phone... It supports threaded view. You can also install alternative SMS clients. I use Go SMS pro.

3. Yes.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
^^ enough enough....:-|

i was trying to mean the one present in corby phones like writing a custom-set alphabet would unlock the phone and similar kind of thing for launching various other apps too...

cleared with rest of the things..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
+1 to trace being smoother and more error free than swype. I found it to be like that too even on the top of the line droids. Some of em dont even have Swype enabled in the default mode.
Its not just that some words dont show up at all, in teh language we speak anyway, and its difficult to get the hang of typing stuff like double Os. But that is when the droid is not acting up, which is rare. this is swype in action on the SII. theres a different bug every time, or droids just dont wanna work with me
*i.min.us/jdLLYc.jpg
*i.min.us/jb0ele.jpg

Holy cow dude. Least I never had that problem. Are you on Beta Swype 3.0?

guru_urug

iGoogle
^^ enough enough....:-|

i was trying to mean the one present in corby phones like writing a custom-set alphabet would unlock the phone and similar kind of thing for launching various other apps too...

cleared with rest of the things..

Yes android is very versatile. Think of any functionality and there is going to be an app for it. :)
Gesture control is in built in most home launchers. Also in cm7, there is an option of launching any app without unlocking the phone by drawing gesture on unlock screen and even to unlock the phone. Basically any other functionality u have seen on any other phone can be implemented on android too.
Go for the optimus one, root it, install a custom recovery and u will never regret buying this phone. The other day I was looking for an app for handwriting input and found it too. Heck some ppl on xda are figuring out a method to enable usb on the go on optimus one and its already successful in its alpha stage!! :)

Top Bottom