Do torrents reduce HDD performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
Do D/L from p2p clients(utorrent) reduce HDD performance?
I found my PC HDD performance reduced. folders opens slowly. prog. closes slowly.
is it becoz of many read/write operations of HDD during D/L torrents files.
How to check hdd preformance any software?
There is no virus in my PC.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
=Do D/L from p2p clients(utorrent) reduce HDD performance?
downloading from torrents might affect hard disk performance. not sure of it.
check this to avoid torrent damaging the hard disk

I found my PC HDD performance reduced. folders opens slowly. prog. closes slowly.
Your hard disk performance might be degraded due to bad sectors which make data writing (such as file saving) difficult, or even impossible. The Error Checking utility scans the hard drive for bad sectors, and scans for file system errors to see whether certain files or folders are misplaced.

How to check hdd preformance any software?
you can use softwares like TuneUp utilites or HD Tune

iane

Right off the assembly line
Torrents not reduce hdd performance but it does busy hdd sometimes when downloading
In slow & old system u can feel it

But after all torrents are superb, downloading 90% thru torrent

gaurarpit

Broken In
not really.. torretns never affect ur HDD by any means..

if u dnt have any virus then either ur RAM is too low to support many tasks running simultaneously.. dats why, may be ut HDD runs slow...

upgrade the RAM, or may be ur HDD partition containing the OS might be too full.. try to clean it up..

else simply defragment ur HDD.

ur problem will be solved for sure.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are using P2P and you have shared some folders your PC would run slowly. Its actually because the P2P software generates the hash links for all the files shared, which is then uploaded and the other users of the world can search from and download from you. And this process is done quite frequently. The hash links are updated many times. :)

For example, I used Ares as a P2P software on normal when the hashing functions run on the background you would see a CPU usage of around 30K - 55K. Whereas when the Ares was just downloading and not generating the hash links the CPU usage would be around 3K-5K. ;)

So if you want to use P2P softwares don't share any folders. But that would be a bit unfair on the P2P world as it would only take and no give!!! :D

Well this is just a P2P perspective, never heard of torrents doing harm!! This is the first!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Nah, the read and write requests to the hard disks are highly frequent during P2P transmission and reception. Thats the reason for the slowdowns. I've got a tip for you - Put all your downloads or shared files in a seperate partition, dont put anything else in that partition, and use a automatic defragging tool like PerfectDisk to take care of it. Trust me, works perfectly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom