Do I need cooler for my configuration?

Yugal Hinduja

Broken In
I have AMD phenom II x6 1090T black edition, ASUS M4A88TD evo motherboard,
Saphhire Radeon 6750 GPU, FSP SAGA II 500 and a cabinet with two chasis fans.
My question is do i need cooler for my system?
because i dont have an ac in my room and in summer environmental temperature is quite high

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Unless you overclock. No you donot need a extra cooler. I too use a Phenom II and summer temps dont go above 50c

It gets quite hot here. Above 35c sometimes. Yes the fan might make lots of sound but you dont need a cooler as default :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
because i dont have an ac in my room and in summer environmental temperature is quite high

if processor fan is not making a weird whining sound, or processor is not overheating, don't get a HSF now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

the max temp limit of the cpu is 62c - so if it's not crossing this under load you won't have to buy a cpu cooler - but if you are planning to OC or keep the cpu even more cooler under load you can get CM Hyper 212 Evo @ ~2k ;-)

aloodum

Journeyman
THE PHENOM x6 ships with a very decent 4 copper heatpipe cooler if im not mistaken.And its a very good stiock cooler.So the answer is NO is the fooolowing are not valid in your case:

1. Overclocking
2. Very Dusty Environment
3. Very Poor Cable Management inside case/Bad airflow pattern inside your case
4. Running a benchmark 24 X7 :p

OP
Y

Yugal Hinduja

Broken In
Also i have problem regarding dust.
I dnt knw how dust gets inside the cabinet.
i have to frequently (once a month) clear the dust from motherboard.
Does dust efects the inside temperature?
Also i have Frontech everest cabinet which has a small LCD, but when i purchased the cabinet, there was no cable for connecting the LCD to motherboard.
While the manual for cabinet's LCD shows that few temperature sensors come along with the cabinet.and system temp is displayed on LCD. so i asked the dealer, he told me those cables were missing, so he sold me the cabinet in less price.
My question How can i get those sensors and cables so as to enable LCD to display system temperature.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Just measure the system temps using HWinfo app ;-) and how many fans do you have in you cabby ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if the big fan is attached to the PSu then it's the PSU fan and if the small fan is on the mobo than it's the cpu heatsink fan ;-)

For a OK type ventilation you at-least need two fans in any cabby - one at the front ( below HDD ) as intake and other at back under PSU though with it ( if you are using a cabby with top psu mounting ) as exhust - tell us the manufacturer and model name of the cabby and PSu yo9u have or else post some pics of the cabby ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then it must be the rear side fan which is working as exhaust - like I said before can you post some pics of your cabby showing the inside of it - this will give a better idea about the cabby and PSu you have.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If dust is flowing inside the cabinet then there is a high chance that it is also getting inside the CPU HSF. If there is too much dust inside the CPU fan then it will not fuction properly, happened to me in couple of months back when I kept my side panel open.
Try to clean the HSF properly with a blower and Brush and then apply a good Thermal paste like Cooler Master Thermal Fusion or Artic Sliver 5. It will reduce the temparature in great extent. I'm using the same processor with stock HSF and sometimes overclock it to 3.7 GHz withour any issues.

Top Bottom