DmC: Devil May Cry discussion

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: Devil May Cry 5 discussion

I donno a thing about the story of DMC but its one of the biggest franchise of Capcom thats why I am looking forward for the movie as well as game. Damn I love Dante specially his dialogues with anyone he has he damn good and kinda rude attitude. Loved the way he killed the bosses of DMC4 with those special powers.

gameranand

Living to Play

Retrospective: Devil May Cry 4
Found out this article. I liked it and is worth a read if you are a DMC4 fan.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Check this extended gameplay :

[YOUTUBE]RCGxEAgS_QE[/YOUTUBE]

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Thanks viky, awesome man my x360 controller is waiting for air killing. Any releasing date ?

RahulB

Journeyman

I hope they don't screw the franchise in the new movie.... remember Doom. I am little uncertain about the new movie... How will they pull of the over the top moves of Dante.....

Also can someone please tell me about the engine used.. Ninja Theory is making the game instead of Capcom Japan. Will they use Capcom's Framework MT or something else..
No PC support aww :(

P.S - I don't like the new design of Dante...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ NIGHTMARE

It will be announced this year mate.:) The videos just show work in progress.

@RahulB

Unreal Engine 3 is being used instead of MT framework. Looks very good overall. Btw this is a complete reboot of the dmc franchise. Lets see how the new
character of dante develops in the course of time.

Alok

Adventurer

So here is the thread.:-| i was looking for it, and though no one created.
I'm waiting for this masterpiece.

But i like MT FRAMEWORK more.
Hope it'll come to PC on the same date as consoles.

RahulB

Journeyman

@vickybat

Where did you come to know about the engine....
And why did they ditch framework MT.... maybe because documentation for Framework MT is in Jap..

@kola2842

Same here I like Framework MT more, and it is not like MT Framework is old it is a new engine, I wonder why capcom will not use it... maybe they will use it RE:6

Checked out a "Secret" video of DMC, it is very cool, I wish the sound effects be changed a bit, I grown little tired of all whoosh and clank sounds, I wish they replace it with crunchier SFX!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@vickybat

Where did you come to know about the engine....
And why did they ditch framework MT.... maybe because documentation for Framework MT is in Jap..

Check Here

Its clearly written that the engine used is Unreal Engine 3. Capcom's in house developers use MT framework. This time ninja theory must have chose UE3. Nevertheless, the game looks spectacular in its hack and slash demeanor.

Last edited:
OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Who is next

[YOUTUBE]JIbmZeBRBZs[/YOUTUBE]

i hope capcom releases DMC5 sometime next year with a fresh new battle system and main protagonist offcourse being the old white haired cocky badass Dante.. driven by an awesome storyline which by the way involves and includes Vergil!!!!! On the contrary this so called DmC's character should not be named Dante and the name of the game should be changed, not Devil may cry.. ..The gameplay still looks good though..

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

1.the game is called DMC :devil may cry.Not Devil May Cry 5(capcom's smart enough since if this game goes a flop they can always say its a "Spin-off" and is not a part of the series created by capcom)
2.this is supposed to be a prequel featuring a 15-year old dante stuck in some pseudeo-demonic city called "LIMBO" (but f**k this character is not dante.the dante i know has white hair,looks cool and is well built.this guy is a malnourished,possibly drug addicted, uncool outlaw with mental problems
also, seems this "dante" is the son of an angel and demon,which is contradictory to original DMC cannon which says that Dante was the son of a mortal woman and a demon Sparda

)
3.available for xbox 360,ps3 and PC
DmC: Devil May Cry - The Devil May Cry Wiki - Devil May Cry 4, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 2, and more
DmC will be on pc

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!

^MT framework is superb engine
Good for Consoles.
Dirt On PC.
Doesnt even supports proper real time shadow and light rendering.
Not capable of large scale environment rendering.Most of Big Scenes in MT Based Games is prendered stuff or "fake backdrop".
Sucks in KeyMapping System while Porting Games to Consoles.
Capcom dont bothers to even embed a proper PC Keyboard-Mouse Control System into Engines Level Editor AND Interface.
RE:5 is the only MT game that makes some proper use of PC hardware.

Same here I like Framework MT more, and it is not like MT Framework is old it is a new engine, I wonder why capcom will not use it... maybe they will use it RE:6

Capcom is well known to the fact that their MT Framework 2.0 is not strong enough to scale well and make use of Current Gen AND Next Gen GPU and Hardware.

UE3 will atleast allow proper Native-RAW PC Experience.

Ninja Theory has Licensed UE3 for DMC.!Cheers PC Gamers.Now its sure that It will come to PC.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Was looking forward for DevilBringer but i dont think it will show up this time .No Nero No Devilbringer!

^Well, that Dante in his worst looks. Won't say anything about the combat, so far its good if we are to believe the trailers.

Top Bottom