Nimtshey

Broken In
I have assembled computer with the following Specification
* PIV Intel Processor
*512 MB RAM
*80 GB HDD
*64 MB VGRAM (XFX Brand)
*Windows XP professional with MSO 2003
I have a inbuild AGP card and added 64 MB AGP card Make from XFX. MY internal AGP is disabled from BIOS and Added AGP is connected to the Monitor. some times it is working fine but some times it is relluctant to display. i have opened and made it sit properly in the PIC slot of the motherboard. but it didnot work. i took out the 64 MB AGP card and connected to the inbuild AGP it is working fine. I could not sort out the problem as i have installed all the necessary software of the 64 MB AGP card which comes along with the card. please help me as i am only the IT personnal in my working place.

i would be grateful to tyhose who helped me.
thanks[/b]

Kniwor

Learner
what is the error that u get...what propblem occurs..u need to give information for us to help u..

OP
N

Nimtshey

Broken In
when i connect my monitor to the 64 MB external AGP(Video) card i don't get the Display as my monitor LED lights up in orange colour though i have install all the necessary software that comes with the AGP card. when i took out the external AGP card and connected to my inbuilt AGP card it works fine there is not problem with the display.
i want to know the solution of this peculair problem. please help.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
May be ur gfx card is at fault, it might be damaged. Also u r saying that u connected ur AGP card in the PCI slot, so???

Nimtshey said:
i have opened and made it sit properly in the PIC slot of the motherboard. but it didnot work

geekysage

Journeyman
Nimtshey,

Even if you don't install the card drivers you should see the boot screen but in your case the monitor doesn't even get the signal - the monitor light stays in orange color. This is a clear case of faulty video card. Get it replaced. Also, what did you mean when you said that you installed the AGP card in the PCI slot? AGP cards have a different slot on the motherboard, usually brown colored, and you should put the AGP graphics card only in that slot. Maybe you damaged the card while trying to install it in a normal PCI slot.

Also try to change the onboard video memory to 64MB trhough BIOS setup, see if that changes anything.

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
guys....guys ... guys.... :twisted:
the card is definately a PCI'Ex. card...not an AGP card ... !!

@ Nimtshey..i too was having the same problem....but just for once..i reseated the card...nd its working fine since then....
since its a 64MB card..i doubt that it will have a fan onboard,buut if it do ...then check if it is working....

also check out ur PCI-Ex slot by installing any other PCI-Ex card ...

:wink:

Maybe you damaged the card while trying to install it in a normal PCI slot.

@ geekysage .... tell me one thing.....will the card in any way without breaking go into PCI slot ?????
some times it is working fine but some times it is relluctant to display
nd works too ?????? :wink:

geekysage

Journeyman
grinning_devil said:
@ geekysage .... tell me one thing.....will the card in any way without breaking go into PCI slot ?????
You like pulling people's leg, don't you? No probs, but before you do that, make sure it's the leg you are holding. :lol:

Here's what i said:
geekysage said:
Also, what did you mean when you said that you installed the AGP card in the PCI slot? AGP cards have a different slot on the motherboard, usually brown colored, and you should put the AGP graphics card only in that slot. Maybe you damaged the card while trying to install it in a normal PCI slot.
*Some parts highlighted for obvious reasons. Now read the post again, tell me if it makes a difference in your understanding. I have nothing more to say. No offence intended, none taken.

OP
N

Nimtshey

Broken In
Thank you for all your help and thanks for clarification. actually i made a mistake by calling PCI slot, in which i have seated my card in the slot. it is a brown color slot next to PCI slot and thought that is also called as PCI slot. once again thank you for correcting me. it is not working and my 64 AGP card camer without any fan. may be that is causing the problem, due to heat.

rachitar

Journeyman
Nimtshey said:
Thank you for all your help and thanks for clarification. actually i made a mistake by calling PCI slot, in which i have seated my card in the slot. it is a brown color slot next to PCI slot and thought that is also called as PCI slot. once again thank you for correcting me. it is not working and my 64 AGP card camer without any fan. may be that is causing the problem, due to heat.

A graphics card without a fan???? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Get it replaced immediately

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Just to avoid misleading those with less experience :
Many new graphics cards come without a fan. Although it's best to have as much cooling as possible, low-powered GPUs can operate with just the heatsink, i.e., without a fan.

Many manufacturers seek to reduce the price by omitting the fan in their low-end cards such as a GF6200, FX5200, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom