display pic copying disabled in orkut !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw

De@d
guys,, i noticed this today....

when i tried to copy the display pic of some profile i cudnt...
:shock:
they havent disabled copyin of album pics..yet but the orkut profile pic cannot be copied anymore



p.s - but the image can be obtained using print screen :wink:
 

jal_desai

In the zone
print screen kiske liye hai ?? ;) but those "not-so-geek" ppl wont be able to get wat they want... and most of the ppl are really "not-so-geek" as we all here. so its a sad news for them..not for us.. :)
 

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
jal_desai said:
print screen kiske liye hai ?? ;) but those "not-so-geek" ppl wont be able to get wat they want... and most of the ppl are really "not-so-geek" as we all here. so its a sad news for them..not for us.. :)

right. this cmd is known to 5/10 ppl.
 

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
print screen kiske liye hai ?? but those "not-so-geek" ppl wont be able to get wat they want... and most of the ppl are really "not-so-geek" as we all here. so its a sad news for them..not for us..

Known to 8/10 ppl....
 

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Whatever method they apply, anything which is displayed on the monitor can be copied- one way or the other
 

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Lucky_star said:
Whatever method they apply, anything which is displayed on the monitor can be copied- one way or the other
Agree. If u hv a digital camera then u can also copy image using it! :p
 

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ YOu're right.. Even though the Print screen key exists in all keyboards, most not-so-geek people take the term literally and expect the printer to cough out the screen contents as soon as you press it.. :D I've seen many such people who curse the makers for wasting a key without assigning any function to it..! Not many know that you have to copy the image in an image editor program and then save it..! So an estimate of 5/10 would know about it is also quite generous, if you include the non-tech general population..!!
 

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
They have added an extra layer over the profile pic thats why u can save that layer only and not the actual pic.


Still of no use, cuz geeks can find alternate ways to it (screen capture).
 

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
jal_desai said:
Not many know that you have to copy the image in an image editor program and then save it..!

Well it would be applicable for windows users only. In Linux (Fedora Core 6) GNOME has a package for capturing screenshots. We have have to just press the Print Screen button and it appears with a dialog box to save it!

See this screenshot:

linux_scr.png
 
Last edited:

pritzdj

LIFE Overclocked!!
In this regard, i have 1 question.........
If the picture size is bigger than the browser window.......... if we "print screen" the image then the portion of that picture which appeared in the browser we can capture but not the whole picture.......... so is it possible to capture the whole image (bigger size then the browser window)..........??????????
 

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
pritzdj said:
In this regard, i have 1 question.........
If the picture size is bigger than the browser window.......... if we "print screen" the image then the portion of that picture which appeared in the browser we can capture but not the whole picture.......... so is it possible to capture the whole image (bigger size then the browser window)..........??????????

What a :cool: question. Well if the image is bigger than the browser, just switch the browser to fullscreen mode and and tk the scrshot. According to me it should work.
 
OP
outlaw

outlaw

De@d
pritzdj said:
In this regard, i have 1 question.........
If the picture size is bigger than the browser window.......... if we "print screen" the image then the portion of that picture which appeared in the browser we can capture but not the whole picture.......... so is it possible to capture the whole image (bigger size then the browser window)..........??????????

if the pic is bigger than the browser window....

open firefox

install "screengrab" extension

now go to that big image page...

click on screengrab icon..

the entire page.. can be captured :grin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom