Display Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I recently installed DMC4 on my system and when the game runs my screen goes blank and No signal message appears. I can hear the sound in the background.
Faced similar problem with games like Stubbs The Zombie, Scarface, World In Conflict.
Had to uninstall 'em and couldn't play them :(
I tried to re wire the input to the display through motherboard's VGA port but then got the error of Shader Model incompatibility. I want to know if there's any patch which can fix this issue or a file where resolution changes can be made?
I use my Samsung LCD TV as my PC monitor and its native res. is 1360x768.
I use my GPU(7600GT) to provide input to the screen through a DVI to VGA converter.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I recently installed DMC4 on my system and when the game runs my screen goes blank and No signal message appears. I can hear the sound in the background.
Faced similar problem with games like Stubbs The Zombie, Scarface, World In Conflict.
Had to uninstall 'em and couldn't play them :(
I tried to re wire the input to the display through motherboard's VGA port but then got the error of Shader Model incompatibility. I want to know if there's any patch which can fix this issue or a file where resolution changes can be made?
I use my Samsung LCD TV as my PC monitor and its native res. is 1360x768.
I use my GPU(7600GT) to provide input to the screen through a DVI to VGA converter.
The configuration file for DMC 4 is in C:\Documents and Settings\XXX(Your Profile)\Local Settings\Application Data\CAPCOM\DEVILMAYCRY4

You can edit the config.ini file to set your resolution accordingly.There is currently no patch out since it's only been 4 days since the game's official release.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I found out that it has default res as 1280x720 which my screen doesn't supports so any way around it. BTW I'm uploading the Config file.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Didn't tried yet but thanks in advance, will let you know when do it. BTW should I save the file as it is or save it and change it to Read Only to prevent changes by the game when it runs. Also I intend to use XBOX 360 controller to play it. ;)
Can you also tell me about the 2 options in the config file, the FPS and SLI one! Should I change them because right now the FPS is set to OFF and SLI to ON whilst I don't have a SLi rig !

Sorry for troubling but problem is solved but anyhow please do tell me about that FPS and SLI thing ;)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The FPS option I believe is for an in-game setting which allows you to have an the FPS set to Variable or Max 60Fps option.So you can either have variable FPS or cap it to 60Fps.SLI by default goes to ON.Doesn't matter if your rig isn't SLI one as it won't make any difference.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Thank you Allwynlima for clearing my doubts. Now I've found my new addiction that is going to keep me busy my whole vacations :D During my first few minutes of gameplay(I played it only for 30 mins) I noticed that this time characters are a bit slow or just because its a long time since I played a DMC game. Anyways its going to be really awesome, "so awesome that his awesomeness blinds his enemies " :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Actually the game's protagonist, Nero is a bit slow in terms of his movements.But his Devil Bringer is something which sets him apart from Dante.This game is a sheer bliss & trust me I am half the way through & already loving it.The game is simply mind blowing.Happy slashing.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom