Display driver errors, OS or HP issue?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Then restart & just install generic driver again.It should not be downgraded.

I again tried reinstalling driver v4463. I was able to install this version like this, uninstalled the installed version then after the system restarted, I got this screen hope it is normal

*oi68.tinypic.com/bfm3jm.jpg

The system auto installed the version from c drive, then I clicked on update and search drivers from the unzipped driver folder and I was able to install v4463-
*oi64.tinypic.com/10ops81.jpg

But after connecting the system to the internet the version has been again changed-

*oi65.tinypic.com/zvx20p.jpg

What to do now?

- - - Updated - - -

Then restart & just install generic driver again.It should not be downgraded.

I again tried reinstalling driver v4463. I was able to install this version like this, uninstalled the installed version then after the system restarted, I got this screen hope it is normal

*oi68.tinypic.com/bfm3jm.jpg

The system auto installed the version from c drive, then I clicked on update and search drivers from the unzipped driver folder and I was able to install v4463-
*oi64.tinypic.com/10ops81.jpg

But after connecting the system to the internet the version has been again changed-

*oi65.tinypic.com/zvx20p.jpg

What to do now?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use this tool(credits to shewolf & Mr.X @MDL):
wumt_v12.05.2016(eng).zip
Extract to a folder & run the tool.Select automatic updates as "notification mode". Click on check for updates sign(circular symbol below update history).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Use this tool(credits to shewolf & Mr.X @MDL):
wumt_v12.05.2016(eng).zip
Extract to a folder & run the tool.Select automatic updates as "notification mode". Click on check for updates sign(circular symbol below update history).

While Windows Updates showed that the system is up to date WUMT showed few updates are there. I tried installing an update for the keyboard but it wasn't successful. What's up?

*oi65.tinypic.com/2z53oyu.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe it was not for laptop keyboards but desktop keyboards.In any case remove the older intel driver & restart,install latest generic one & restart.Run WUMT again to see if it shows any intel graphics driver.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
After enabling Windows Update Mini Tool, on the Windows Update settings page a line in red color is written which says Some settings are managed by your organization. There was a Windows Defender update and Windows update notification prompted me to enable it to update it, which means that this software works and auto updates were not there.

Now I installed 4463 using the method posted in my last few replies. I select automatically run Winsat while installation

*oi67.tinypic.com/25oxxlk.jpg Is that ok?

Anyways 4463 installed *oi66.tinypic.com/9zykjt.jpg

After few minutes it is downgraded, before downgrading the screen turns black for 1 or 2 seconds and voila it is downgraded *oi64.tinypic.com/1ou2ae.jpg

When I try to update this driver by selecting the unzipped folder of the installer file of 4463 I get this *oi67.tinypic.com/52f492.jpg Yes THE BEST It doesn't say that the driver is up to date or something, but THE BEST. Any heads up?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using Device Manager to Uninstall Devices and Driver Packages - Windows 10 hardware de
Disconnect internet,uninstall the device(intel graphics) & on the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.Keep net disconnected & after restart manually install/update to 4463.Again restart & after confirming 4463 still present,run WUMT & select notification mode only.Again restart & confirm 4463 is still there.Now connect the net & run WUMT again to manually check for updates.

P.S.If you are feeling tired of all this then best option is to simply image the whole hdd to an external portable hdd & clean install win 10 latest upcoming anniversary update(scheduled release date 2nd Aug).If & when laptop requires servicing use the image to restore laptop hdd to HP pre-installed win 10 state & after servicing again go back to fresh install state using another saved image.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Using Device Manager to Uninstall Devices and Driver Packages - Windows 10 hardware de
Disconnect internet,uninstall the device(intel graphics) & on the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.Keep net disconnected & after restart manually install/update to 4463.Again restart & after confirming 4463 still present,run WUMT & select notification mode only.Again restart & confirm 4463 is still there.Now connect the net & run WUMT again to manually check for updates.

P.S.If you are feeling tired of all this then best option is to simply image the whole hdd to an external portable hdd & clean install win 10 latest upcoming anniversary update(scheduled release date 2nd Aug).If & when laptop requires servicing use the image to restore laptop hdd to HP pre-installed win 10 state & after servicing again go back to fresh install state using another saved image.

I will again try with those several restart method of yours, but it will downgrade without internet too, check THE BEST screenshot, *oi67.tinypic.com/52f492.jpg

Few questions-
1. What will be the difference if the system is updated to anniversary update and in the clean install of the same?
2. Are you sure the anniversary update, if it is clean installed, will activate? Yes, the motherboard etc. will remain the same, but this update is a new one.
3. How to take image of whole hdd? & How to restore it?
4. As per Intel's email which I have also posted in this or some other thread, clean install will not work as the laptop manufactures customizes drivers for their hardware. So, after the fresh install the issue will be there because the generic driver "might" mess up with the hardware. They were putting emphasis on the word "might"

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.depending on settings/hardware clean install & update from factory installed may have different driver versions.
2.as long as win 10 activation key is embedded in bios of motherboard,any win 10 install will automatically pick up this key & once online will activate it.
3.macrium reflect free edition
4.what's the worst that could happen than what is happening right now?

Driver is getting downgrade even without internet connection because there is a backup copy of driver files saved by windows during every driver install/removal.To remove any backup driver files use the "Delete the driver software for this device option" method mentioned in my previous post.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1.depending on settings/hardware clean install & update from factory installed may have different driver versions.
2.as long as win 10 activation key is embedded in bios of motherboard,any win 10 install will automatically pick up this key & once online will activate it.
3.macrium reflect free edition
4.what's the worst that could happen than what is happening right now?

Driver is getting downgrade even without internet connection because there is a backup copy of driver files saved by windows during every driver install/removal.To remove any backup driver files use the "Delete the driver software for this device option" method mentioned in my previous post.

1. See the word emphasized by Intel is coming into play again, "may have". As per them the generic one's will f*ck up with the hardware. Other than drivers will it have any other difference?
2. The version should be same like home for home etc?
3. Thanks
4. Couldn't agree more, it is worth a shot.

Today Harassement-Packard's guy came, he gave the system in control via Team Viewer(he said that our company doesn't pay licensing fee to TV and they can sue us if they find out, I took a photo lol). Anyways the engineer installed some version built date 01.12.2014, version 20.19.15.9999. Before installing he stopped the auto update service and disabled nvidia driver. He also installed the driver the way I installed the generic version. As of now it has not been downgraded or upgraded. I ran this software *support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 but it is not showing any driver to hide. I have disabled WUMT as of now to see whether this version gets upgraded or downgraded.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.there should be no other difference except missing hp softwares & hp logo/images at certain places like system properties etc.
2.there is no separate edition for home or pro,a single win 10 iso contains both home & pro versions & will automatically install the version as per the embedded key in bios.

Wait & see if it stays.btw what do you mean by disabled WUMT as it is a simple tool not an installed service which can be disabled.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1.there should be no other difference except missing hp softwares & hp logo/images at certain places like system properties etc.
2.there is no separate edition for home or pro,a single win 10 iso contains both home & pro versions & will automatically install the version as per the embedded key in bios.

Wait & see if it stays.btw what do you mean by disabled WUMT as it is a simple tool not an installed service which can be disabled.

1. I saw a thread at Intel forums, will share its link soon, in which a guy had a dell laptop and he clean installed but the issue was still there.
2. Thanks

I meant I deleted it.

Top Bottom