Display driver errors, OS or HP issue?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Similar issue with my lenovo laptop, i did format and reset both helps..

Ok bro. How much time it will take? Could you please provide how to recover the ab522tx laptop step by step? And after recovering will it install all drivers etc. itself?

A

amit.tiger12

Don't care about driver just understand this "computer not responding, need to reboot"..

A

amit.tiger12

Recover?? Do clean install windows with CD or Iso files..

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Don't care about driver just understand this "computer not responding, need to reboot"..

What does this mean?

Recover?? Do clean install windows with CD or Iso files..

So, you mean first download windows 10 from MS or from a torrent and then install it? Will HP authenticate my windows after doing so? Can it be done at home because the HP guys won't do this I guess.

A

amit.tiger12

What does this mean?

So, you mean first download windows 10 from MS or from a torrent and then install it? Will HP authenticate my windows after doing so? Can it be done at home because the HP guys won't do this I guess.
Do reset

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Had a word with HP, they said that they need more time to resolve this issue, like a month was not enough. Anyways we told them that we will be resetting the laptop. They said that it will void the warranty :scared_NF: Even if we had resetted the laptop without telling them, our version of Windows 10 will never activate because it will not be having HP support assistant software and they will come to know about this. What are we supposed to do now?

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a call form HP's local office. They said that the motherboard needs to be replaced. Few questions, for which they didn't had the answer to-

1. Laptop is about a month and half old, why do they need to replace the motherboard if the issue is with the graphic card?

2. Who is the manufacturer of the motherboard?

No manufacturer's name is listed here

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

*www.hpshopping.in/Material/PDF/HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522TX_Laptop.pdf

Since we were getting the error that the specs of this laptop are not compatible with the system so their guy said that maybe some different or a lower end motherboard was wrongly assembled in the laptop. How and from where to check that all other specs like RAM, Graphic cards etc match the versions as shown on their site? Just for confirmation's sake, will replacing of motherboard delete any data from the laptop?

Need your advice dear brothers [MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Who is the manufacturer of the motherboard?
Is this a kinda trolling or what? :troll:
Your questions are so simple and you could have get the answers by googling. You don't need to post a message and wait for someone to reply.

Since my build is assembled desktop I always know what's the components I have. I never needed to look for a way to find them. After you post, it just took me few minutes to google and find a way.

Digitians, is this guy a troller? I am the only one who don't know that and falling for his posts? :D or are these genuine doubts? ;)

No offense Billu, this is what I think about you now. :)

To find info about m/b
Enter this in command prompt
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

To find info about RAM
wmic MEMORYCHIP get BankLabel,DeviceLocator,Capacity,Speed

Since I don't have a discrete card, I am not sure about this. This is how it is for my system
To find info about graphic card
Press CTRL + Pause
Click device manager which will be on the left panel
Click display adapter to view what's the card installed.

A

amit.tiger12

I am tired answering those silly questions, google it properly. If you worry about warranty guarantee don't waste time solving problem yourself goto that hp repair shop.
It seems that you don't know anything about computer or laptop or don't have knowledge of technical things and terms...

So goto customer care, they won't give you proper solution on free email customer service until they got paid.. So better spend some money.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If HP ppl are willing to replace it free of cost then go ahead.Graphics card in laptop is usually soldered/fixed on motherboard itself so a faulty graphics card means motherboard too needs to get changed.Use softwares like speccy or HWinfo(dl from filehippo) to get info about hardware.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Is this a kinda trolling or what? :troll:
Your questions are so simple and you could have get the answers by googling. You don't need to post a message and wait for someone to reply.

Since my build is assembled desktop I always know what's the components I have. I never needed to look for a way to find them. After you post, it just took me few minutes to google and find a way.

Digitians, is this guy a troller? I am the only one who don't know that and falling for his posts? :D or are these genuine doubts? ;)

No offense Billu, this is what I think about you now. :)

To find info about m/b

To find info about RAM

Since I don't have a discrete card, I am not sure about this. This is how it is for my system
To find info about graphic card

I am tired answering those silly questions, google it properly. If you worry about warranty guarantee don't waste time solving problem yourself goto that hp repair shop.
It seems that you don't know anything about computer or laptop or don't have knowledge of technical things and terms...

So goto customer care, they won't give you proper solution on free email customer service until they got paid.. So better spend some money.

Thanks for the insult. Yes I do not have any technical knowledge so that is why I came here for the advice. Sorry that you didn't like it. I googled and tried all those commands including softwares like CPU-Z but they were showing different results than the specs shown on the site. The conclusion that HP has reached now is that the motherboard needs to be replaced along with the ram because the make of the ram in the laptop is different than the one promised in the specs. The hdd "might" need a replacement too. Thanks for bashing me and sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

Actually problem is that you ask too much, you don't even try to find solution by your own..
Ratio of asking questions and solving it by yourself should be equal. Otherwise no conclusion.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Motherboard replaced but still the errors are there. Check screenshots. HP has no clue as in what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst company with a pathetic customer support

*oi67.tinypic.com/711vo6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We are facing another major issue since the motherboard was replaced. The screens becomes very very bright for 5-10 seconds and then it goes back to normal. This thing never happened before the motherboard was replaced. Any advice why is this happening and what should we do next? hp's customer support is as usual saying that they will look into this.

Attachments

• 18.04.2016.jpg
    18.04.2016.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 18.4.2016.jpg
    18.4.2016.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Intel Driver Version.jpg
    Intel Driver Version.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

Will it worth the time and money if we file a case in consumer court? We met 2 lawyers, one said that it is worth fighting for, the other said that against HP's legal team we will loose.

*oi67.tinypic.com/711vo6.jpg They are asking for days and days for this again and again.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know, if you think you should fight, fight.

If they can't fix it, why not they replace it with a new one. They themselves don't know the fix and they agree that the problem is at their end, why not give you a replacement. If you haven't already escalate this issue to the top most people in HP, do it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't know, if you think you should fight, fight.

If they can't fix it, why not they replace it with a new one. They themselves don't know the fix and they agree that the problem is at their end, why not give you a replacement. If you haven't already escalate this issue to the top most people in HP, do it.

I was able to find only this form to contact the top management and I did sent them multiple mails-

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Indi

All I get is a phonecall after sending them few mails and they tell me that are looking into it, that's it. Unfortunately no email address of any board member is available online.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*UPDATE* Another issue is there after the motherboard's replacement. We were copying data from the HP laptop to another system and the multi gesture features of the clickpad stopped working all of a sudden. No settings were changed. We restarted the laptop and it was fine but after using it for another 20 minutes it stopped working again and we had to restart to make it work again. Never buy HP products, they and their customer support sucks.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION] [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]

After 4 months of harassment, we have got the replaced unit. We didn't install anything except Firefox. The Win 10 auto update was running and then we got the same error as we used to get in the old unit. Please note that no error was there before the update i.e. before connecting it to the internet after the unboxing. We got two errors, was able to take the screenshot of the second one *oi67.tinypic.com/vdmiu.jpg the first one said these same lines *oi68.tinypic.com/34gt3s9.jpg
Any help?

- - - Updated - - -

Another error, just check the time. It's a brand new unit :(

*oi63.tinypic.com/2iuynmv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Some other errors-

*oi66.tinypic.com/311mb1y.jpg

*oi66.tinypic.com/311mb1y.jpg

This one is by MS-

*oi66.tinypic.com/htb9fr.jpg

The laptop didn't start, waited on the black screen for 2 minutes, then manually turned it off and then turned on. The booting time has increased now considerably.

This laptop and the one before were from the same batch, even the serial number of this one has the last two digits changed as compared to the older one.

I might be wrong, but it looks like MS updated the drivers of Intel from Intel's website which is causing the problems. Since HP uses customized drivers for its systems so that might be causing those errors.

*druss.co/2015/08/windows-10-video_scheduler_internal_error-after-wake-up/
*support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
*answers.microsoft.com/en-us/window...1/9bab3b71-6b23-4466-94a0-060cd0440b9e?auth=1
*answers.microsoft.com/en-us/inside...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293
*www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/blue-s...g-check-0x119-video-scheduler-internal-error/
*www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2757427/error-video-scheduler-internal-error.html

Which troubleshooting procedure from the above links should we follow or is there a better one?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roll back windows 10 update
How to Roll Back Builds and Uninstall Updates on Windows 1

then use microsoft's Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter to temporarily disable graphics driver update
Take Back Control Over Driver Updates in Windows 1
use registry method only if Microsoft’s troubleshooter does not allow you to hide specific updates from Windows Update.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

then use microsoft's Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter to temporarily disable graphics driver update
use registry method only if Microsoft’s troubleshooter does not allow you to hide specific updates from Windows Update.

Thanks for replying Sir. Now what I will do is roll back Windows Intel driver update, then hide it and then should I rollback the driver updates from device manager or delete the driver completely and install the one directly from HP's site? Also when MS auto updates Windows and drivers, then does it download the drivers from driver providers or from laptop manufacturers?

Many people are facing this issue, don't know why MS or Intel aint doing anything.

Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered - Google Searc

*answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search...&CurrentScope.Filter=&ContentTypeScope=#////1

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Should I check everything from Intel from the list-

*oi68.tinypic.com/ddnh1s.jpg

When MS auto updates Windows and drivers, then does it download the drivers from driver providers, Intel in this case, or from laptop manufacturers? And when we manually update the drivers from the device manager then from where does the driver download, driver manufacturer or laptop manufacturer?

*oi63.tinypic.com/35b8g1h.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The engineer from HP collected the idr logfile from the laptop after installing HP System BIOS Update F.79 and Intel Driver v 15.40.23.64.4444. The engineer has checked the enter key and has confirmed that it is defective. According to him the lock is faulty and the key gets stuck in it. He has stated the same as a manufacturing defect.

*oi68.tinypic.com/290zswl.jpg

*oi65.tinypic.com/29kqhyo.jpg

*oi64.tinypic.com/2qn1745.jpg

Hadd hogi HP ki

Last edited:
Top Bottom