Display driver errors, OS or HP issue?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only hide/check update named something like "intel graphics/display adapter...".MS update/device manager downloads everything from MS servers which hosts drivers that MS certify for windows.Anything that windows downloads as part of system update comes from their own servers.That is why for laptops it is a good practice not to update pre-installed drivers using windows update,especially graphics,touchpad & audio,if everything is running fine.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Only hide/check update named something like "intel graphics/display adapter...".MS update/device manager downloads everything from MS servers which hosts drivers that MS certify for windows.Anything that windows downloads as part of system update comes from their own servers.That is why for laptops it is a good practice not to update pre-installed drivers using windows update,especially graphics,touchpad & audio,if everything is running fine.

Nothing is named Intel Graphics/Display adapter there. Kindly check the screenshot-
*oi68.tinypic.com/ddnh1s.jpg

Fine it comes from MS servers, but MS don't make those drivers right? So, where exactly are those drivers from, the graphic card manufacturers or the laptop manufacturers?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are still unseen options only visible after scrolling down in that image,no intel display adapter there either?Also this tool only shows pending/updates not yet downloaded,are you sure win 10 is not already using the latest intel graphics/display driver.Check in device manager the driver version(hp intel driver version no. will be lower/different from latest intel driver version) to confirm because the point is to force windows to use older/hp intel driver & not the latest intel driver from MS update.

Laptop manufacturers don't make any drivers themselves,they have a deal/contract with hardware manufacturers to make drivers specifically for their laptops.MS has a different deal with hardware manufacturers where they make drivers as per MS specifications.That is why there is a difference between drivers available on laptop manufacturer's site(made as per laptop manufacturer specifications) & MS updates(made as per MS specifications).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There are still unseen options only visible after scrolling down in that image,no intel display adapter there either?Also this tool only shows pending/updates not yet downloaded,are you sure win 10 is not already using the latest intel graphics/display driver.Check in device manager the driver version(hp intel driver version no. will be lower/different from latest intel driver version) to confirm because the point is to force windows to use older/hp intel driver & not the latest intel driver from MS update.

Laptop manufacturers don't make any drivers themselves,they have a deal/contract with hardware manufacturers to make drivers specifically for their laptops.MS has a different deal with hardware manufacturers where they make drivers as per MS specifications.That is why there is a difference between drivers available on laptop manufacturer's site(made as per laptop manufacturer specifications) & MS updates(made as per MS specifications).

While scrolling down no other Intel option is there. The driver version as seen in the device manager is 20.19.15.4360 whereas the latest one on HP's site is the same 20.19.15.4360 Rev.A. Are the other versions the beta one's?
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Should I uninstall this version in airplane mode and then let Windows 10 install the default version which is saved in the system and then try to hide it while staying in offline mode?

As per the mails shared by Intel, MS and level 2 tech team of HP, HP itself customizes the drivers for its laptops and according to Intel, MS forums Harassment-Packard sucks in doing the same.

What is Forceware version? Speccy software shows that in the older unit forceware version of Intel driver was 359.37 and in the replaced one it is 353.84.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
click on previous version & then download an earlier version of rev.A/B(whichever is applicable to your system,better download all older versions of both rev.A & B).

Disconnect lan/net,uninstall the current intel graphics/display driver,reboot,connect lan/net & run MS update hiding tool.Now it should show an intel display adapter option.Select it to hide it.Check if it runs fine for a few days else install the driver from the downloaded older version from HP site.

Forceware drivers are from nvidia.Leave it for now & focus on installing older version of inter graphics/display adapter driver first.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
click on previous version & then download an earlier version of rev.A/B(whichever is applicable to your system,better download all older versions of both rev.A & B).

Disconnect lan/net,uninstall the current intel graphics/display driver,reboot,connect lan/net & run MS update hiding tool.Now it should show an intel display adapter option.Select it to hide it.Check if it runs fine for a few days else install the driver from the downloaded older version from HP site.

Forceware drivers are from nvidia.Leave it for now & focus on installing older version of inter graphics/display adapter driver first.

What you told in the reply above didn't help because after installing wasn't able to find them in hide update options. So, installed the latest version, rolled back the updates and was able to find Intel driver in show/hide updates. I have hidden it. I have turned off the option for automatically downloading manufacturer's apps and custom icons for your devices as mentioned here

Take Back Control Over Driver Updates in Windows 1
Is that fine? Also why is there Urdu language written in front of Realtek Semiconductor?
*oi64.tinypic.com/1onodd.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems fine.

I am not sure that's urdu.If a system does not have font for a language then it shows gibberish in place of letters of that language.It might be chinese letters,it is fine as long as drivers are downloaded from Hp or MS update.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It seems fine.

I am not sure that's urdu.If a system does not have font for a language then it shows gibberish in place of letters of that language.It might be chinese letters,it is fine as long as drivers are downloaded from Hp or MS update.

P.S. I am still getting the same error. If you find any fix then please let me know :(

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Harassment-Packard's guy came, he installed the driver version 20.19.15.4457 but it gave this error-

*oi64.tinypic.com/r2qdg8.jpg

*oi65.tinypic.com/3027zvp.jpg

I installed this version after deleting the previous one in the system. Since it was not working so I tried installing the factory version, the system was not allowing me to install the factory version of the driver because the Intel audio driver was a newer version, so I had to overwrite it. I tried hiding Intel driver update from the Windows auto update via this-

download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

but was not able to find the intel driver in the list. Any advice?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 1st error msg of intel river install showing "not meeting minimum system requirements" is the one I faced a few days back on a friend's new laptop.On laptops with dedicated nvidia graphics card with intel core i series processor,if one installs nvidia graphics driver before intel graphics driver or there is a newer version of intel graphics driver available via windows update then older version of intel graphics driver will not install giving this error msg.

On the other why not try using nvidia as the default graphics processor for the system instead of intel(check nvidia control panel manage 3d settings--global settings--preferred graphics--nvidia).If battery usage is not much different from intel & if it solves your problems in system then it is worth it.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
The 1st error msg of intel river install showing "not meeting minimum system requirements" is the one I faced a few days back on a friend's new laptop.On laptops with dedicated nvidia graphics card with intel core i series processor,if one installs nvidia graphics driver before intel graphics driver or there is a newer version of intel graphics driver available via windows update then older version of intel graphics driver will not install giving this error msg.

As per Intel forums their generic drivers won't install as the laptop manufacturers customize their drivers for their laptops. Moreover we disconnected the internet while installing so the last line doesn't stand true.

On the other why not try using nvidia as the default graphics processor for the system instead of intel(check nvidia control panel manage 3d settings--global settings--preferred graphics--nvidia).If battery usage is not much different from intel & if it solves your problems in system then it is worth it.

Before giving it a try, what are the pros and cons of it except battery life? Also what will be the use of Intel graphic card then?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about HP but on my friend's asus laptop windows update installed intel graphics driver 10.18.14.4264 dated 4th aug 2015 for a 4th gen core i processor while the older driver 10.18.14.4062 dated dec 2014,that came with laptop driver dvd,failed to install.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't know about HP but on my friend's asus laptop windows update installed intel graphics driver 10.18.14.4264 dated 4th aug 2015 for a 4th gen core i processor while the older driver 10.18.14.4062 dated dec 2014,that came with laptop driver dvd,failed to install.

After multiple tries, I was able to install the generic driver from Intel. I followed the steps as stated by the Intel guy, these are common steps but I tried like the 100th time, everytime before it was saying that driver does not meet minimum requirements etc.

Please try to install our latest driver by following these steps:

Download this Intel graphics driver and save it in your desktop. Please use the .zip file.

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40

Disable the Internet connection in your computer.

Uninstall the current driver: on the keyboard let's press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc, double click on Display Adapters>>Intel HD Graphics>>Driver tab>>Uninstall>>Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device>>OK, restart the computer (make sure there is no Internet connection).

Then unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

Open Device Manager:

For Windows 10: Right-mouse click on Windows Start icon

Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

Expand the Display adapters section.

Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.

Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

Reboot computer when prompted.

If you install it successfully and it does not fix the issue, please let us have the DXDiag report and I will try to escalate your case as most customer have been able to fix this issue with our latest drivers.

Try installing the generic drivers from Intel for your friend's Asus laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Update-

The driver version has been automatically downgraded to 4360 probably by Windows Update.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
(SP3) Intel Graphic Drivers Win10 constantly downgrading them... : Surfac
Also did you use "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter after installing latest intel generic driver to hide windows update older intel driver?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
(SP3) Intel Graphic Drivers Win10 constantly downgrading them... : Surfac
Also did you use "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter after installing latest intel generic driver to hide windows update older intel driver?

Yes, but there was noting regarding Intel 520 driver in the show hide tab :( I am not able to get what the users have suggested in that thread to do. Please help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
from that thread:
in system properties there is now a device installation settings area where you can tell it not to.
it's system> adv system set > hardware tab>

Just trying this - it only changes it back if you leave "Always install the best driver software from Windows Update" radio button selected and leave "Automatically get the device application..." checked. If you change the radio button or check box, the changes you made will stick...
You have to do the above to prevent windows from autoinstalling any driver,do a restart after making change just to be sure.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 1
check the "Disable Automatic Download of Drivers from Windows Update" section.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 1
check the "Disable Automatic Download of Drivers from Windows Update" section.

I am seeing just simple yes/no. Why is this pic showing other options also?

*www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploa...+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.dgcWkyhVCh.png

Top Bottom