Discover 125 ST VS Pulsar 135 LS

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Guys first sorry if i post this in the wrong section !

I want to buy a new bike on first week of jan 13. My budget is 60-65 Max.
I ride on NH about 80Km daily. I want a 125-135cc bike with good handling comfort and mileage.
I have shortlisted two bikes from bajaj [h=4]Discover 125 ST and Pulsar 135 LS[/h]but could't decide which one to go for.
Guys specially Owners plz suggest.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
i am using pulsar from last 2 yr.. its stylish, performance is good but it is not comfortable for long run like u said 80km daily..

on other side.. discover is 125CC, looks are OK, made of guys above 35 IMO.. no offence.. its lighter and more comfy than pulsar alteast..

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
I own a Pulsar 150 for the last 1.5 years, and since last 6 months i travel 40 kms daily in city to my college. Pulsars have higher capacity engines than discover, and riding on NH means continuous speed. So i would suggest you go for a pulsar. It will give you mileage of around 55-62 KMPL if you ride it at constant speeds without revving the engine much. I think discover cannot daily travel on NH as it has smaller engine, and it is designed for city traveling. The decision is yours, i haven't rode a Discover yet, so cant tell about comfort, i suggest you take a test drive of both on a good long road.

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Well, the choice depends on the purpose you will be using it..Since you have to travel a lot on daily basis so the the bike with the best comfort will be your choice and for that I will ask you to go for Bajaj Discover.....I have a Bajaj Discover from 8 months and i love riding it...honda Shine can be a good option for you as welll

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Judging by your requirements, I'd ask you to opt for Honda Shine.

If comfort is your top priority :
1) Honda Shine
2) Hero Glamor / Super Splendor
3) Bajaj Discover 125ST
4) Pulsar 135LS

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Guys we finally shortlisted two :

Bajaj Discover 125ST and Bajaj Discover 100T. My cousin have 125ST.
I couldn't able to decide coz price difference is only 5k.
Which one should i go for while considering the long term durability and mileage.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Thnx for replying what is the mileage i will get from Bajaj discover 125 ST
and Bajaj discover 100T ?

shreymittal

Being Human

Haven't driven both of them so i have no idea about that.
AFAIK both will have approximately same mileage may be differ by 2 or 4 KMPL

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
A Word of caution: Do checkout for some issues with the 125 ST. I met one guy (with a 125ST) during my visit to the bajaj service centers, who complained about the gears automatically shifting to neutral, while driving, irrespective of which gear you're driving it in. He said he has been getting this issue in 4th gear as well.

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
Guys first sorry if i post this in the wrong section !

I want to buy a new bike on first week of jan 13. My budget is 60-65 Max.
I ride on NH about 80Km daily. I want a 125-135cc bike with good handling comfort and mileage.
I have shortlisted two bikes from bajaj [h=4]Discover 125 ST and Pulsar 135 LS[/h]but could't decide which one to go for.
Guys specially Owners plz suggest.

Guys, OP has to ride daily 80 Kms on the highway, it will be an overkill for smaller capacity engines, like discover, also, this engines can achieve high speeds for a short period, not for prolonged distances, on the highway, you need an engine that can drive constantly for long periods. Think about this before making the final decision. I would suggest getting a bike with a higher capacity engine.

shreymittal

Being Human
If you can extend your budget by 12K then get pulsar 150 DtSI better for Highway and for your daily commute
else get pulsar 135LS

shreymittal

Being Human
^^ But why not New Discover 125ST / 100T ??

Because its not build for highway and you know what are indian highways are like so its better to get bigger capacity engine
and 80kms/day will be an overkill for both discover
and last but not the least Pulsar have more road presence than discover every thing you get with pulsar is VFM
worth it that every penny u going to spent. :)

Top Bottom