Dilemma of the elusive phone !

Status
Not open for further replies.

oromis

i pwn joo!!
hey

im looking at purchasing a phone (infact i;ve been wanting to purchase one for past 6 months, not found anything good :X )

i've narrowed my choices to something from the nokia stable. I've been through reviews via various sites and decided on one among the following, but not able to decide on which one. my budget is 10-12k
1. n78
2. n73 music edition
3. nokia XM 5320
4. nokia e63

im looking at great music, and decent web browsing facilites.

which one of the phones would be best suited for me? also, i;ve heard that many N series phones have 'hang'ing problems. is this true?

also, how is samsung star compared to the phones above?

one more query, I've heard one can get an iphone from abroad for much cheaper. but im bit confused as to how that works out and where i can get it from.

looking forward to positive answers
thanks in advance

Tamoghno

Padawan
N78 = probably your best choice but sadly not available in india anymore.

N73= not exactly good music phone , its basically a great camera phone that nokia wants us to believe as a music phone because they painted it black.

Nokia 5320= again your second best choice , but not available in india anymore. Browser is powerful with great ram , but the screen is small.

E63 = Good music phone . Good browsing . Probably the only half decent nokia left in 10k to 17k price range.

Samsung star = honestly i dont have practical experience in this phone . But i would not consider it as a music phone .the samsung propietary jack really sucks and so is the bundled earphone. Also people are complaining about poor battery life. A good show off phone though.

Btw , i think you may wait for nokia 5630 to launched in india , it mzy be released by end of this month .

k4ce

Youngling
5320xm and n78 u wont get . e-series dont have good music. so ur option is only the n73ME of the lot.

the samsung star is a great touch fone for its price.its responsive, feature rich, good music . but its not a smartfone. donot know its browsing capabilities as i didnt try that. but the rest i did i can tell u its great for 8.5k

see wherever u get the iphone from, u need to break the contract wid at&t. so u will end up spending $500+ minimum. there was once an offer from at&t where they gave away iphones unlocked at 599 and 699. dont think thats available anymore. but wid the new iphone, the old one has dropped to 99 on contract. plus say termination charges of 300-350 , u shud get it for cheaper. this is if u want to get it done thru ur relative or any other resident of US whom u know

if u directly wish to purchase ffrom grey market , i dont have an idea if it'll be cheaper there (and by how much)

Pragadheesh

In the zone
what about these phones,
nokia 6210S, 6600S.?
Are N80 and N93i available in market as i fear that most of nokia phones(especially N-Series) are not available in the market..

N73 is an old phone but really good.. Wat about sony w595.??? I has excellent music, but not sure of its camera quality as it lacks flash..

OP
oromis

oromis

i pwn joo!!
hey
thanks for the replies . :p

so, i take it that, if im able to procure an n78 from somewhere, i should go for it? as in, some stores still sell it i think!!

also, i've heard of the nokia 5730 with slide out qwerty keyboard, coming out soon. when can it be expected in india, and what would be its estimated cost?

OP
oromis

oromis

i pwn joo!!
@ dream catcher:

erm, im bit of a noob, but wats moding the drives, and for what is it carried out? C510 seems like a pretty good phone, and im looking at it as an option too.

could you please reccomend some other good SE phones, within 10-12k range?

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
u shud hav bought n78 six months ago, its sooo good that nokia decided to stop its production, n78 not available now

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
T700/C510 all fall in the 10k range.

Well theres a software called a2uploader using which you can change the acoustics of the phone and even the cam drivers. Its a pretty neat phone for its price. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
and a2uploader is very simple to use...just 5 mins and u will learn.....I uploaded 9 flash menus the 1st day of my T700:razz:

OP
oromis

oromis

i pwn joo!!
ok
c510 it is. i asked around for n78, and its not available in most places.

so going for SE c510. seems like a good phone, 3g too/ decent music.

now about moding the drives.. wat exaclty does flashing the phone mean? i tried finding out mroe info but its quite puzzling.

OP
oromis

oromis

i pwn joo!!
thanks a lot man.

and thanks to everyone here who posted here and helped me make my decision,

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom