Digital camera quick reference buying guide

angshu83

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys, My budget is is around 15000.
I am looking into 3-4 models. Sony WX150, Nikon S9200, panasonic TZ25 and Canon SX160 IS.

Any suggestion which will be the best in terms of Image quality and effects like toy/Partial Color/Miniature.

angshu83

Right off the assembly line
Hi nac,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Are you sure HX10V is below 15 and SX240 is little above 15K.
On flipkart Sony HX10V is around 16,500 and Canon SX240 is around 17,500. On Chroma Store also its almost same.

Which one will be better HX10V or SX240?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can get both HX10V and SX240 are under 15k from ebay (using coupons).

Guys for three days i have been trying to find the best camera under 16-17k (stretched budget).. There are many cameras people pushed me towards.. At last i have decided to choose between these. I would like to know which one is the best..
Things needed:
1) Best Image Quality
2) Low zoom will be fine.
3) And should give great pictures in the auto mode.. I hate setting up cameras every time i take pictures in different places..

The cameras i have choosen.
1)Panasonic Lumix Tz-25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ25 Point & Shoot - Panasonic: Flipkart.com
2)Panasonic Lumix Tz-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 Point & Shoot - Panasonic: Flipkart.com
3)Canon Powershot Sx240 HS Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Point & Shoot - Canon: Flipkart.com
4)Sony Hx9v Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V Point & Shoot - Sony: Flipkart.com
5)Sony Hx10v Sony CyberShot DSC-HX10V Point & Shoot - Sony: Flipkart.com

These are the ones that i have found. If there is any better option under 17k, please suggest.
And please suggest the best between these 5 cameras.
Thank you very much . The help will be appreciated.
:)

Brother, What is IQ?
And by the way, what are the down sides of this camera?
And How about the image quality? Is it average or good or great?
And since i love and respect all the members, i will follow ur suggestions and buy it on 15th.
Thanks..
Anyways, have you used this camera?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pranav, IQ means Image Quality and it is best in class.
Downside of SX240 is average to low battery life, slow, lacks extra frills like HDR...
No, I haven't used this camera.

Guys, I bought WX150 by Sony in the end for 14.5K. The jerks didnt negotiate more.. Well, First of all I dont like the camera i think.. The thing is that maybe it is too advance for me ( as being my first camera).. or it really sucks.. I like the video recording , its good, the flash goes to enough meters... The things i dont like is.. I dont see anywhere the macro mode when i go into modes. It just comes in the Default (green colored) mode... whenever i try to take some macros... And one more problem is that when i use background defocus mode, it always show the message ''unable to defocus background'' .I took like 29 pics, and only in 2 pics i was able to defocus background... And the last thing is that when i use the Face detection timer... It doesnt detect my face and take the pic ( i guess i dont have a good face :p :< ). i have to like move 4 5 times and come back in front of camera to get the pic...
Well, i would suggest people to go for Hx10v instead of this.. the only thing better in this camera is the portability..
And i love the image quality of this camera btw, but there is no speciality u know...... And videos are amazzing.. i would say super amazing..

I would give this camera, Wx150 3.5 out of 5.

Guys, i have one more question.. about charging the battery..
1) How often should i charge it if i dont use it..
2) Should i do that recycle thing ( full recharge then full use , then full recharge)
3) And when i charge it, can i remove the charger before it has fully charged ( i.e. less than 100 % ?)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys, i have one more question.. about charging the battery..
1) How often should i charge it if i dont use it..
2) Should i do that recycle thing ( full recharge then full use , then full recharge)
3) And when i charge it, can i remove the charger before it has fully charged ( i.e. less than 100 % ?)

1) A week to 15 days should be fine without charging.

2) No.

3) Yes.

PS: There must be a macro mode in pre-defined modes list.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if there is no macro mode but ur spec says that it can focus as close as 5 cm then its good for you...just go close to a subject and still it will focus...in DSLR macro lens work like that only ...it can focus from anything to that close :)

Ok!!
And dude, i was just checking out the movie mode at night.. Got to know that you cant use flash while shooting movies.. Never Realised it.. Is it the same with all cameras???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My parents want to get a basic P&S camera for around 6k, video recording is must.

For some reason they won't buy Canon cameras. I've recommended the Nikon Coolpix L28. Any other similar or better camera at the price?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
L28 doesn't have mechanical IS.

If not Canon, then Panasonic FH series or S series cameras.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
L28 doesn't have mechanical IS.

If not Canon, then Panasonic FH series or S series cameras.

OK yesterday I took mom to a camera shop and it seems the L28 has removable AA batteries and not Li-on battery(which is a big no-no as previously we've had a lot of trouble with AA powered cameras).
We have finally zeroed in on the Canon A2400 IS. Has all the features we need. They'll purchase it soon I think.

Top Bottom